Who will be your 130 state champ  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be your 130 state champ

• Matt Eck
    • Isaac Ervin
    • Korey Shotwell
    • Dusty Brown
    • Darwin Perez

Eck. Sure he lost in the region fnals but the 1 point defeat doesn't say much. The kid that beat him will surely be high placing in state but I haven't seen much more than 1 point to convence me that Eck isn't the number one guy in state at 130.

Korey Shotwell, I have never seen a kid at his age be so mentally tough when it comes to wrestling, you can never count him out.  He is an amazing technician, as well as being very strong willed.  I say he will take the title, and become the first four time champ for Campbell County.

i am gonna go out on a limb here...i think darwin perez will take the title..yea maybe one point aint nothing..but he controlled the whole match..i think it will be another region finals at state...eck vs. perez..

I think Kraft should be on this list after today's performance. I don't think Shotwell will be a 4 timer after all

Shame Shotwell's 1st round kid didn't make weight.  It's nice to start state w/ the earned easy match.  Esp. for a freshman. 

Taking nothing from either kid, the match was very even. A twist here and a twist there and the outcome may have been different. Neither kid dominated the other, it was a war and a little sweat decided an otherwise great ending to both careers. Congrats to both kids.

Thats exactly what I'm saying, the moves was not executed with precision and it cost him the match. But in the same breath he just got beat. We don't make excuses, just adjustments and modifications to the plan. Darwin is a great kid, who deserved everything he's worked so hard for. We all have perspective,but we weren't out there on that mat.

Thats exactly what I'm saying, the moves was not executed with precision and it cost him the match. But in the same breath he just got beat. We don't make excuses, just adjustments and modifications to the plan. Darwin is a great kid, who deserved everything he's worked so hard for. We all have perspective,but we weren't out there on that mat.

MR,

look at who told who not to say anything????????

My impression of the championship match was a little different than any of the other posts - after I was told that Eck was bragging that he had taken less than 20 shots in his previous matches, I was cheering for Perez. By the end I was just rooting for the match to be over - what a snoozer. I realize when wrestlers are evenly matched the action decreases, but I can only watch guys going in circles so long before I get dizzy. That would have ben a good match to call stalling....

Talking too Eck this season at a few tourn.,He does not strike me as a person who brags about anything.He comes across as down to earth and after all he did only have two losses on the year.

One of the most exciting 130 matches I saw was the Shotwell vs Speck match. In overtime Speck took Shotwell down right when it seemed Shotwell was going to score.

Talking too Eck this season at a few tourn.,He does not strike me as a person who brags about anything.He comes across as down to earth and after all he did only have two losses on the year.

I agree, I saw him hold Perez's hand up after the match.  That was refreshing to see.