Sign in to follow this  
dog101

upsets

130 Darwin Perez, LaRue County Dec Matt Eck, North Hardin, 3-2

:-o

A very good  match.  Eck was a class act and accepted his loss well.  He complimented Perez and never once said a negative word.  Eck will be ready for state! 

A very good  match.  Eck was a class act and accepted his loss well.  He complimented Perez and never once said a negative word.  Eck will be ready for state!   

Thats what i like to hear, a good winner, but a better loser.

It's refreshing to hear of a top notch wrestler like him showing real class after a loss after all of the fits and unsportsman like behavior i've seen displayed this year.

Region 2 135 lbs. Jordan Murphey JH 4th place beat Steven Riveria CH 5th place.

congradualtions to jordan i cant believe my off day had to be at regionals i wish jordan luck against ben warner first round of state

what happened with steven rivera i thought he would do well and make it to state?

i just had an off day and it sucks that it had to be at regionals but dont forget im only a junior i got next year good luck to everyone at state

NajJah Savery(4thseed) pinned Meade Co's number 2 seed Bruce in the early rounds. (171) and got 2nd in the region.  Congrats to him, pretty good for a first year guy.  Good luck at state

becasue wilson was cheated out of it wilson had a great day he should have been in the championship but got cheated

NajJah Savery(4thseed) pinned Meade Co's number 2 seed Bruce in the early rounds. (171) and got 2nd in the region.  Congrats to him, pretty good for a first year guy.  Good luck at state

He couldn't have been a 4th seed.  He would have had to beat Salter to get to the finals.

Reasons last step, you are right, my fault, actually he was seeded lower I think.  Southern 135 the guy was illegally slammed.  I am not going to force a guy to wrestle when he can't even tell me where he is.  So I am sorry that you feel that way.  I don't think your coach would make you finish a match if you were hurt.  I will say this, your 171 is a very good wrestler and probably could have made it to the finals.  I did not know that we were even going to get the win because of the slam.  I didn't know the slam was illegal at first.  I thought we were going to have to forfiet.  I didn't realize we had the victory until they raised his hand. I think that it was a bad way to win the match as well and I am sorry to disapoint you but I will not force a wrestler to continue if injured.  I think your guy should do well at state and I wish him well.

yea i give it up to Prp's 171 for pinnin me. he got me i was off that day and he capatilized on it and got the number 2 seed but i came back and got the 3rd seed winnin 4 in a row

Yea. I saw quite a few jaws drop when the ref smacked the mat.

I like to see a wrestler finish strong, like the Meade Co 171 did sat.  Even if an upset does occur then you come back strong.  That is impressive considering some people just give up or quit if they get anything less than first.  Good job so far this year Meade Co, Good luck at state.

I happens every year, someone will lose early on in the tournament, and will lose focus, and end up not placing when they were one of the best there.  It takes alot of mental toughness to come back from those losses.  Good Job.

I happens every year, someone will lose early on in the tournament, and will lose focus, and end up not placing when they were one of the best there.  It takes alot of mental toughness to come back from those losses.  Good Job.

almost happened to me at region. i lost to lewis in the semis and almost lost my other two matches i had to get 3rd. i almost wish i would have lost my finals match though to get 4th, i would have had a better draw at state then.

that seems to be the case with alot of 3rd finishers so i wish you luck

almost happened to me at region. i lost to lewis in the semis and almost lost my other two matches i had to get 3rd. i almost wish i would have lost my finals match though to get 4th, i would have had a better draw at state then.

I think you are just as well where you are.  Don't look too far ahead.  Just wrestle and let the chips fall where they may.