Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 January 31

nickel of doss beat two wrestlers ranked ahead of him today at the mustang classic. he beat hartman of south oldham in the semis, and he beat dockery of sen. in the finals. cosgrove (doss 135) lost to poulten in the finals. cahill (doss 130) took third. lewis (doss 119) also took third. cahill lost to kusiner in the semis, lewis lost to chui in the semis. doss finished fifth as a team. ahead of the other region three teams. 

why wasnt tyler voth wrestling at the city tournament on saturday?

he rolled his ankle at cumberland college and didn't want to risk injuring it worse before regionals.

I think that the rankings are great but theres some things that i would change to some of the TC rankings. 171 Dan Griggs has pinned jarrad burke from union county in the first period and 285 Nathan Gray has beat Mastrovich from south oldam

You can't just take the highlights of the season to do the rankings or everyone would be a top 10 guy.  Remember the matches they lost as well.

I agree with almost everything except i think north hardin is under rated. I also think Ty wolfe should be ranked third not fourth behind prp. i know he beat wolfe once by 1 or 2 points but at state duals he was controlloing choate b4 a very questionable illegal slam call by the ref. I mean no disrecpect to choate or u ranger just my opinion.

That match wasn't any indication of how later meetings will play out at all. That was his first or second match back since the Big East Tourny. He wasn't quite 100% and, not to take anything away from Wolfe, the illegal slam call was 100% warranted. You know it was an "iffy" slam when everyone on within 30 feet of the mat goes "OOOOHHHH",

Ranger, the rankings look great.  A quick update though...Corey Spencer of JC beat Ross Carpenter-Frasor from Mont. Co. 6-0 this weekend.  Will you be updating these again before region? 

Nathan Green placed 2nd in a tournament this weekend (3Feb2007) including all Lexington Schools.  He has not been pinned by anyone from the Lexington Region, after the 2nd week he began his season (He broke his left hand and came in a little out of shape).  He lost to Matt Zarth in the finals by decision.

Tyler Grimm beat Issac Rojas at Danville 6-0 and beat montgomery co this week after turner from pcc lost to mont in 1st period he will probaly be top 6 at 130

larue county's 103 has beat goodwine twice this year, i think he will definetly place higher than that, plus matt miller has lost 1 match this year. i predict he will win at 140 along with pat banks at 152 and scott wheeler at 160

Nathan Green placed 2nd in a tournament this weekend (3Feb2007) including all Lexington Schools.  He has not been pinned by anyone from the Lexington Region, after the 2nd week he began his season (He broke his left hand and came in a little out of shape).  He lost to Matt Zarth in the finals by decision.

he got pinned by rilie warner. a tates creek wrestler out right now from a concussion. he is included in the lexington schools.

Nickel beat Cameron Hartman and Jordan Dockery Saturday, I think he deserves to be bumped up at least two or three spots.

Nickel beat Cameron Hartman and Jordan Dockery Saturday, I think he deserves to be bumped up at least two or three spots.

How many times has he lost to these guys?  You can't move him up dramaticaly because of one win when he has several losses to that person.

How many times has he lost to these guys?  You can't move him up dramaticaly because of one win when he has several losses to that person.

yes i agree but he has only lost to dockery not hartman....he had to injury default to hartman but beat him 11-4 at the mustang classic

Grappler-of-Old

I agree with what you say about Nickel.  He should be ahead of Hartmann but Dockery should still be ahead of him.  He has lost to Jordan twice this year, by scores of 4-3 & 7-6.  He beat him 3-2 this weekend at the Mustang.  There's not a lot of difference b/w the two.  Honestly, there's not a lot of difference b/w the top 7 or 8 215's this year.  The state champ for this weight class is just going to be who gets a good draw and who is on their game in 1 week.

Grappler-of-Old

I agree with what you say about Nickel.  He should be ahead of Hartmann but Dockery should still be ahead of him.  He has lost to Jordan twice this year, by scores of 4-3 & 7-6.  He beat him 3-2 this weekend at the Mustang.  There's not a lot of difference b/w the two.  Honestly, there's not a lot of difference b/w the top 7 or 8 215's this year.  The state champ for this weight class is just going to be who gets a good draw and who is on their game in 1 week.

well said dad