Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2023-24 Season Rankings - January 23

So many updates last week it bled into the weekend so I just waited.  I would anticipate plenty of changes to come after this weekend as well.

- Union County is a big favorite still as we enter the home stretch

- the next tier of teams (GC, JC, and PT) are all extremely tight, that's why their order seems to change each week

- the next group is also really close (Ryle, Trinity, Boyle, Oldham)

- for the duals: Union the obvious favorite for 1A with Caldwell and Larue battling for second, PT and JC should be an awesome battle for 2A with Boyle and Harrison close behind, Great Crossing seems to be the favorite for 3A with Ryle and OC for second

Check out the pop up shop for the Max Emerson Champions Find A Way foundation and grab some gear to support a great cause.  They will be presenting scholarship awards at the state tournament.

http://tinyurl.com/25tz2w7c

Rankings_23_24_0123.pdf

40 minutes ago, TinkXXXX said:

How is Jaxson Wallace from Henderson not ranked after beating the number 7 at 215 on January 13th

At the time I reviewed 215 results that match was not in track.  Prior to that he had 0 wins against ranked opponents, so there was nothing to indicate he should be ranked.

I want to know why my son is not ranked since he does not wrestle or compete in your state? Please answer that Ranger! LOL, obviously this is a joke. Love the consistency Ranger. Keep putting in the work, most of us appreciate it more than you know.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 119Rider said:

I want to know why my son is not ranked since he does not wrestle or compete in your state? Please answer that Ranger! LOL, obviously this is a joke. Love the consistency Ranger. Keep putting in the work, most of us appreciate it more than you know.

Well, since you kicked my butt in HS (although I had a broken hand), I should rank your kid just out of principle.  So that is an oversight on my part.  Ha Ha.

Good questions.  They are all related.  And I likely need to re-evaluate all of them this next week.  Roberts would have dropped out too with all of the movement, but he held on with the McLamb win.  But McLamb may be too high at this point with his best win maybe being McClellan.  Once you get outside the top 15-20 it gets really really messy.

12 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Good questions.  They are all related.  And I likely need to re-evaluate all of them this next week.  Roberts would have dropped out too with all of the movement, but he held on with the McLamb win.  But McLamb may be too high at this point with his best win maybe being McClellan.  Once you get outside the top 15-20 it gets really really messy.

That's ok we will get the Moore kid at state duals, maybe be back in top 20!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Wc Wrestler05 said:

That's ok we will get the Moore kid at state duals, maybe be back in top 20!

That's right.  Just go get it done on the mat and prove to the old, fat, bald guys where you belong.

17 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Well, since you kicked my butt in HS (although I had a broken hand), I should rank your kid just out of principle.  So that is an oversight on my part.  Ha Ha.

I wouldn't call it a butt kicking, more of a lucky match. Caught you at right time for me. Wish we would have met at different times so we could of had a great match. 

13 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Ranger first thanks for all you do. As for McLamb you can drop him he hasnt wrestled since the Roberts match as he was hurt during it and will not be able to return it looks like for the year.

9 hours ago, panthers said:

Ranger first thanks for all you do. As for McLamb you can drop him he hasnt wrestled since the Roberts match as he was hurt during it and will not be able to return it looks like for the year.

Sorry to hear that

20 hours ago, UC Mom said:

I am not sure it is worth the time, effort or hassle to rank 30 kids!  But thank you to the crew that does!

It is a lot for 1 person, but enough people appreciate it to be worth it.  Besides, back to 32 man bracket at state, so some of those kids will score points and impact team scores.

I really appreciate you doing this for everyone in the state, and I don't want to make you think I am being rude or impatient but I was just wondering when you will get new rankings posted. Thanks for everything you do.

32 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

I really appreciate you doing this for everyone in the state, and I don't want to make you think I am being rude or impatient but I was just wondering when you will get new rankings posted. Thanks for everything you do.

Yeah hurry up Ranger, we're dying over here!!!

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

Unfortunately will probably end up being tomorrow.  WAY too busy weekend.  Girls region and 2 days of gymnastics.

I mean, it's not like you have a wife, kids, family, job or anything else that requires your attention.  You need to prioritize making a list of kids with numbers next to their names in order to appease critical parents/coaches. 

31 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

I mean, it's not like you have a wife, kids, family, job or anything else that requires your attention.  You need to prioritize making a list of kids with numbers next to their names in order to appease critical parents/coaches. 

Ha Ha.  It is what it is.  I'll catch up on sleep when I'm dead.