Sign in to follow this  
grapplehed

RUSCHELL BEATS #4 TSIRTSIS FROM IOWA

I have a question for the Ryle folks on here.  Has Kyle stepped it up to a new level or is this just showing us how good he really was?  I was impressed with him as a junior and senior in hs, but never in my wildest dreams would have imagined him having this much success, especially as a freshman in the big ten.

I just watched the match. By the way, Wisc. upset Iowa. 21+-14 I think.  Anyway, Kyle's scrambling is unbelievable.  He has matured from what I could tell, alot bigger.  If you think back to his sophomore year against Trejo, he only weighed about 90+ lbs on the 3rd day, what do you think Trejo weighed by finals?  Technically he makes little mistakes and always knows his position on the mat.

Ranger,

Kyle was great in high school but has taken it to a new level at Wisconsin. With his constant desire to improve and his winning mentality combined with great coaching and a difficult big ten schedule, there's nothing holding him back from greatness. He stays hungry and knows what he needs to do to achieve his goals. Look for him to be a multiple time All American and possibly National Champion. 

I have a question for the Ryle folks on here.  Has Kyle stepped it up to a new level or is this just showing us how good he really was?  I was impressed with him as a junior and senior in hs, but never in my wildest dreams would have imagined him having this much success, especially as a freshman in the big ten.

Kyle was/is the REAL THING.  Workers harder today than he did yesterday, and will work harder tomorrow than he did today........that is why he is where he is.......IMO

Hey just for the record Kyle is ranked #15 right now right before he beat Tsirtsis from Iowa and he was #6 i talked to Kyle a day prior to the match.  He was also suppose to wrestle Lang from NorthWestern but he was out and Kyle destroyed their back up.  As a team Wisconsin lost to NorthWestern and I'm not sure about Iowa.  Kyle is currently 22-4 and will proballey move up in the rankings after beating Tsirtsis.

The match is online but you have to pay for it.  Great match, I have watched 3x.  Go to Hawkeyesports.com  purchase the cstv, for a month.  link to wrestling, past games.  It's kinda complicated if you haven't done it before.  You also have to change several settings on your real player.  send me a pm and I can walk you through it.

One poll had Kyle at 15 and Intermatwrestle had him at 20.  Tsirtsis was at 6, I stand corrected. 

I don't know Kyle that well but I think he has always been this good (at least since his senior year).  Although he has always been this good while wrestling in Kentucky he got away with making mistakes.  During the past year and a half wrestling at the Div I level (esp Big 10) he has eliminated most of those mistakes which has taken him to another level.  He has also gotten stronger and matured physically (is now wrestling at 141, wrestled 112 his senior year).  I think he can sneak in at like 7th ot 8th this year and become an All-American.  I look for him to at least place next year.  After that who knows, the sky's the limit for him.

Many of us who saw Kyle wrestle thought he was a legitimate D1 wrestler his senior year, when he placed high at the Beast of the East and Senior Nationals.  The only real question we had was - would he get big enough and strong enough to wrestle at 125.  Well, he has certainly answered that question.  Anyone who saw him press Trejo (as a runt sophomore) would have known he is a tough, hard nosed kid..and technically as good as anyone who has come out of Kentucky in the past 10 years, in my opinion.  I suspect he could be wrestling down a weight class this year, but wrestling at 141 will prep him for a run at a title the next three years.  He is capable of being a D1 national champ as un upperclassman.

I think your right AA157, if he slips in, it will be at 5-8.  I don't think he can get into the top 4 right now.  It will be interesting to see the seeding, especially at and after the big tens.  His 4 losses are to 4 ranked kids, Ettelson, Moyer, Hashimoto and one other I forget, His ranked wins include: Tsirtsis, Meltzer, Larson, Bencivenga, Roberts some of these may not be ranked now.  Rivera from Minn. is the only big dog standing in his way for the rest of the duals, shouldn't affect his seed with a loss. 

when will Kyle face off with Rivera?? Anyone know when Wisconsin wrestles again?? Any chance it is on CSTV or ESPNU???

GOOD LUCK KYLE!!!