Sign in to follow this  
gatorade12

Dragon Results

I would call it more on the lines of smart wrestler. I did not see the match but if you think you are going to get pinned then you should do what you have to do to get off but this is just my opinion.

Please tell me you are kidding on this.  This has to be the most unethical statement I have ever heard on here.  It's one thing to take an injury time out because you need a breather (which is also unethical) but its quite another to cry wolf when you are getting pinned. 

I agree it always gets me mad when someone taps even if it is for lack of air i can remember a match this year in which i actually black out for a second due to lack of air but i didnt get pinned and i didnt tap

if you think you are going to get pinned then you should do what you have to do to get off but this is just my opinion.

If one of my wrestlers ever tried to pull this kind of stuff just so they didn't get pinned.  I would forfeit the match and give their opponent the win.

This is so funny, I know what kids and coach you are talking about!!!!  If you wrestled middle school in the past few years or have been at the middle school state tournament you wou know who it is too!!! :-D :-D

Surprises from my end:

Whitehouse 103 S.Oldham taking 5th-losing to Warren and the Ryle kid

Andre Zeppa 119 N.Oldham taking 4th- losing to Zarth 5-6, and the Trinity kid by 1-2?  Andre looked slow and seemed like the face mask was bothering him alot.

Antonio Zeppa taking 1st at 125- looked dominate, smashing Marks (East) and Ohlman (Trin).  I didn't see a 1st for him, but he looked tough.

Black Kraft taking 1st over Kusnir at 130.  I saw Kusnir winning the finals match but he came out flat.

Andrew Mitchell taking 6th at 140- i saw a higher placement.

Cody Hall taking 4th at 145- I did not see him losing to the St X kid, but he looked flat as well.

Rupp getting DOMINATED by Reid.  Wow, it looked like Rupp was in 5th grade in that match.

Houchens looked great at 189- he will place high or be a legit contender this year.  I guess all those years of wrestling Shcerer in the practice room has paid off.

All in all good tournament, South Oldham stepped up strong taking 3rd, Trinity looked great, and Ryle is still a powerhouse.

Please tell me you are kidding on this.  This has to be the most unethical statement I have ever heard on here.  It's one thing to take an injury time out because you need a breather (which is also unethical) but its quite another to cry wolf when you are getting pinned. 

Actually no I am not kidding. Its the same concept of if you get burned on a pass play in football and you grab a little jersey to slow him down and the ref does not catch it, you take a charge and fall to your back in basetball although you really was not set bt you get the call, you scream and fall to the ground in soccer when really your opponnet gets all ball but the ref calls a penalty thinking you got kicked in the leg. I could go on and on. I would not teach this to my wrestlers but I do think it is a very strategic move and won him and many others matches. If you ever watch any higher level of wrestling this happens alot especially if someone gets in a tight position, sometimes the ref stops it and soetimes the ref lets it go. It is up to the ref to stop it or not just like in any ither sports.

Yes, the tapping out thing when your getting pinned is common by a specific coach. They also use to take timeouts in the 3rd period. Very ridiculous.

If you ever watch any higher level of wrestling this happens alot especially if someone gets in a tight position, sometimes the ref stops it and sometimes the ref lets it go. It is up to the ref to stop it or not just like in any other sports.

In High school it is not up to the ref to stop it or not.  It is required that the ref. stop the match if a kid yells that he is hurt.  This is why they have amended the injury time. 

The reasoning for this is that refs are not doctors therefore cannot determine if a kid (I stress kid, because this is high school) is injured or not.

It may be different in collage, I'm not sure.

can you guys please quit talking about the tapping out thing. Make a new topic or something and someone please bring the full bracket results to this topic and leave the topic of discussion the dragon invitational.

THANKYOU! Boys (I said boys} will be boys, we all know what will really happen, remember, some of those refs are growing too, it is always defined in the end (most of the time)!

Anyway, I just saw the video of Wolsiefer wrestling vaughn from sk, he looked mad because he could not pin him and was giving the points back, Johnny just taught some kid about five lessons out of the nine he put on him. I like grit I seen there. John looked a little tired of messing with him at the end. He is one awesome wresrtler, glad to see a rookie work him though. Watch out for his little brother at 103, he is just now healthy! I watched a couple of matches and did not see too many upsets.

Very well run, some food cost too much (I was not there, I would have been hungry if this is true, LOL).

Can we get off the tap, only boys can be boys,,,,boys,,,,

Ok to get back onto the Dragon Topic

Finals

103: Myron Bradbury (Tri) dec. Robbie Vaughn (Sk)  

3-2

112: Dan Smith (Tri) pin Sammy Scheuer (Ryle)

3rd period

119: Matt Zarth (Hc) injury default Caleb Wood (Fc)  

2nd period

125: Antonio Zeppa (No) dec. Paul Marks (East)  

13-10

130: Blake Craft (East) dec. Tom Kusnir (No)  

12-6

135: Justin Davis (East) dec. Alex Allman (Laf)

3-2

140: Bryan Peace (Ryle) dec. Malcom Jackson (Fc)  

12-5

145: Daniel Thuenenman (Scott) dec Ben Barger (Fc)

14-1

152: Josh Cooper (Sk) pin. Chip Condon (St. X)

1st period

160: Johnny Wolsiefer (Fc) m-dec. Ryan Vaughn (Sk)

15-3

171: Mason Reid (Ryle) m-dec. Ben Rupp (East)

25-11

189: Ryan Houchens (So) dec. Josh Lewis (Tri)

4-2

215: Deon Chaney (Fc) m-dec Matt Green (Laf)

11-3

285: Steve Bodenbender (Ryle) dec. Bruce Mastervich (So)

5-3

MOW-Mason Reid (Ryle) 171 Lbs

Is this score right? I thought Chaney lateraled Green at the end of the third to beat him 5-2? which is the right score?

Neither.  I think he lateraled him in the 1st to go up 5-0 and won 6-2.

I personally dont think Rupp is that good of a wrestler. He seems to wanna muscle ppl... imo. Congrats to Reid for an amazing tournment.. and MOW