Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Perfect

Schedule Changes

Is it just me, or have there been more last-second schedule changes, late cancellations, and flat out no-notice no-shows to start this year than any season in the last several years?  People keep talking about wanting to grow this sport in Kentucky but we are littered with coaches that will break a schedule upon a whim.  Nothing drives parents of potential wrestlers from the sport more than a team/coach/school that breaks schedules at will.  Am I wrong? Anyone else experiencing this?

Team A and B wrestle at a location on a Tuesday then turn around and both teams A and B cancel a Thursday dual at Team C for no reason. I would stop scheduling these teams that cancel year after year, or do contracts. Their cancelation was non Covid related as both Teams A and B wrestled a tournament on that Saturday. Team C can't hardly get teams to wrestle them during the week. 

Public flogging will be the only way to help remedy this, contracts wont work because in wrestling they dont hold water and most AD's/Principals wont even sign them.   

Now some cancelations will be valid, (Covid, Teams from Western KY probably wont be wrestling till after the first of the year, bus issue, those type of things.)  When its not valid flog the team, but do it respectfully.  

Examples. 

Team XYZ canceled on us for this Friday nights tri meet and we are in need of another team to fill that spot if anyone is interested, thanks. Coach 1234.

Once the coaches see that team XYZ has canceled on 3 and 4 teams this season, you guys will stop scheduling them, and they will stop canceling on a whim.  

Started doing it in another sport a few years ago and its helped tremendously. 

• Upvote 2