Sign in to follow this  
hidden

State Predictions

its not dropping to 103 if your weighin in at like 105... then it would be stupid for you to not wrestle at 103. plus he'll own anybody at 103

As a senior Ruscell wrestled 119 while weighing around 112 all season.  I'm not saying that's what Sullivan should do; not sure what the team needs him to do.  But I would like to see him at 112.

As a senior Ruscell wrestled 119 while weighing around 112 all season.  I'm not saying that's what Sullivan should do; not sure what the team needs him to do.  But I would like to see him at 112.

but Travis Sullivan at 103, Bryan Daniels at 112, and Coty Vinsant at 119... it seems like at triple threat to me, and they might not all be that way if they bump up one weight class

You have to give more justification than ...  Tell us why they deserve to be higher than the others.

Vaughn is very tough wrestler... come and see him wrestle you will see... Brown beat griffith and is tough as long as he has his head in it

Dakota Choate wrestled Ty Wolfe this Wednesday and won a decision. Pretty much controlled the pace of the match. I think he'll do even better next time. I don't know much about the Wheeler guy, can't wait to see him and Dakota roll.

Vaughn is very tough wrestler... come and see him wrestle you will see... Brown beat griffith and is tough as long as he has his head in it

I've seen Vaughn, but in my opinion the top 3 are Sullivan, Martin, and Bradbury.  Vaughn is right in the mix with the next few guys for the 4th spot.  I also saw Brown beat Griffith.  Again, at 130 I think Eck and Ervin are the top 2.  The next few guys are pretty close, Carmen, Branch, Skinner, Speck, and Brown.  I also wouldn't count out Shotwell.  He is young and seems has the potential to get much, much better.

Wayne County has 3 potential champs in the lighter weights. I don't believe anyone could come close to Sullivan at 103, 112 or even at 119 should he ever desire to gain the weight. I suspect Sullivan is dropping because "as a team" they believe they could sweep the lower weight groups. I will make a prediction I strongly believe will hold true: Sullivan will not lose a match at any weight throughout the remainder of his high school career. Sullivan is in a class by himself. I have seen very few close scores, but never in the past 3 years has Sullivan not dominated the match.

Sullivan by no means "dominated" Shane Parks at state last year. 2-1, Sullivan was gased and Shane just couldnt finish a shot.  I understand the whole team concept and why they all dropped but I think there are people at both 112 and for sure 119 that could beat him.

voth almost beat sullivan last week lost by 3 but from what i heard it was 4-3 with little time left and voth shot a desperation shot, if sullivan stayed at 112 i believe he would lose to someone wheter it be adam carr ross frasier or maybe even voth if they wrestled again

Sullivan by no means "dominated" Shane Parks at state last year. 2-1, Sullivan was gased and Shane just couldnt finish a shot.  I understand the whole team concept and why they all dropped but I think there are people at both 112 and for sure 119 that could beat him.

First off Sullivan is a beast,before you state that he would be running from someone ,you might check his record at 112!  Why doesnt Wolsipher go 171, why doesnt Peace go 152, why doesnt Starks go 285? The answer is the same as Sullivans, they are wrestling their weight class! To ask why someone that makes 103 doesnt wrestle at 119 is not avery bright question!

First off Sullivan is a beast,before you state that he would be running from someone ,you might check his record at 112!  Why doesnt Wolsipher go 171, why doesnt Peace go 152, why doesnt Starks go 285? The answer is the same as Sullivans, they are wrestling their weight class! To ask why someone that makes 103 doesnt wrestle at 119 is not avery bright question!

GREAT Post. Anyone who has ever seen Sullivan wrestle knows that he is a great wrestler and probably could win 103,112,or 119 this year but he is a team player and is doing what is best for his team. Colleges will loo at him no matter what weight he wrestles they just might be smaller colleges. From what I have heard he has his mind made up on Campbellsville anyway. The reason for this I dont know because he is much more talented then to limit his self to this college. If I were in his shoes I would at least be looking at the better college in the state (UOTC) and even some small DI, DII, and DIII schools. The reason Sullivan is so good is because of his confidence that he will not be beat. Will some people be in a close match with him, of course especially if he is cutting alot of weight or injured, but no one will beat him this year for sure.

For the Parks Sullivan match last year yes Sullivan was gased out but he did control the match and the reason Parks could not finish a shot is Sullivans credit not Shanes discredit.

103 sullivan

12 cornett

19 parks

25 lewis

30 butler maybe

35 warner

40 thuenemann or peace

45 courtney

52 banks or sheehan

60 wolsiefer (mow)

71 rupp

89 starks

215 watson

hvy byrd

State is just around the corner. Lets hear some predictions.

103: Elliot Martin dec. Travis Sullivan 4-3

Myron Bradbury m.dec. Tommy Warren 11-3

112: Bryan Daniels pin Adam Carr

Jon Voth dec. Dalton Evans 6-3

119: Shane Parks dec. Coty Vinsant 2-1

Andre Zeppa dec. Matt Zarth 4-3

125: Tyler Voth m. dec. Dan Fuller 18-9

Coty Lewis m. dec Trey Mortlatt 9-1

130: Matt Eck dec. Isaac Ervin 2-0

Derek Branch dec. Jake Skinner 7-2

135: Ben Warner dec. Steven Butler 6-4

Josh Ashbrook dec. Cassidy Veach 6-5

140: Bryan Peace dec. Malcolm Jackson 7-0

Sammy Isaacs dec. Matt Miller 4-2

145: Harrison Courtney dec. Daniel Thueneman  5-0

Beau Sanders  dec. Ben Barger 7-4

152: Josh Cooper  dec. Patrick Banks  8-6

Blake Sheehan  dec. Randall Stevens  9-8

160: John Wolsiefer  dec. Scott Wheeler  7-0

Dakoda Choate  dec. Ty Wolfe  2-1

171: Ben Rupp  dec. Mason Reid  6-2

Ryan Harlow dec. Zack Guiler  3-1

189: Will Starks  pin Ryan Kelly 

Mark Jones  dec. Terry Turner  2-0

215: Jacob Watson  pin Matt Green 

Jordan Dockery dec. Deon Chaney 4-3

HWT: Matt Byrd  dec. Josh Young 7-5

Adam Patterson  dec. Chris Espinoza 1-0

I cant believe ur all are not giving wheeler 1st place at 160, very strong, quick, and aggressive, dont see anyone who could beat him, and really dont see the score being 7-0 at that.

Elam has wrestled tough competition all year. He placed first at Ryle, 3rd at mater dei, 1st at west frankfort(illinois) . His record is something like 29-3. 2 losses to Myron Bradbury. By 2 and in double overtime at the semifinals of Mater Dei. The other loss to a guy from Indiana. He was the MOW of the Jeff Jordan camp this summer. I wouldn't count him out on being in the top 4.

I cant believe ur all are not giving wheeler 1st place at 160, very strong, quick, and aggressive, dont see anyone who could beat him, and really dont see the score being 7-0 at that.

no discredit to wheeler hes a good wrestler no doubt but have u ever seen wolsiefer wrestle? if wheeler went to over time with sheehan an got beat then that doesnt say much for wen he goes up against wolsiefer

seriously, wolsiefer is ranked 22nd among juniors...Nationaly and for those who havent seen him wrestle, he is very impressive and i think he's going to tear through 60 with very little competition

I think it is pretty simple.  You're comparing the defending state champ at 152 to a guy who didn't place at 152.

I hope Banks and Cooper are in different weight groups. Both of these guys are superb wrestlers and unfortunately seniors. That means one of these guys will never become a  state champion. I do believe both of these wrestlers have skills and athleticism which exceed those of most state champions. I would like to see a Banks-Courtney rematch, this time, having the senior win. Banks, Cooper, Wolsiefer, Courtney and Sullivan are all exceptional domineering wrestlers and in my opinion the very finest Kentucky has to offer this year.