Sign in to follow this  
Teresa Baker

Big East Tourney

In order from first to fourth

103: Myron Bradbury(TRI), Jarvis Elam(UNION), Coty Wood(NH),Taylor South(NO)

112: Adam Carr(UNION), Dan Smith(TRI), Nick Reichmuth(PRP), Zachary Michael(MOORE)

119: Andre Zeppa(NO), Jacob Barton(TRI), Aaron Carr(UNION), Roderick Shoulders(EAST)

125: Antonio Zeppa(NO), Trey Morlatt(OLDHAM), Grant Ohlmann(TRI), , Crayton McCain(MOORE)

130: Matt Eck(NH), Isaac Ervin(UNION), Tom Kusnir(NO), Blake Kraft(EAST)

135: Ben Warner(OLDHAM), Johnivon Oggs(NH), Luke Ervin(UNION), Don Phillips(PRP)

140: Ben Case(TRI), Justin Davis(EAST), John Thomas(CENT), Jerry Ledford(NH)

145: ?

152: Mitch Ervin(UNION), Brad Hitchings(TRI), John Golsby(HOLMES), Cody Traylor(CALD)

160: Dakota Choate(PRP),Ty Wolfe(NH) James Schneider(MOORE), Joe Belt(UNION)

171: Ben Rupp(EAST), John Florence(TRI), Curt Martin(CALD), Marcell Haynes(NH)

189: Mark Jones(NH), Josh Lewis(TRI), Dionte Wright(UNION), Kyle Proffitt(CALD)

215: Matt Baker(NH), Derek Nickel(DOSS), Levi Griggs(UNION), Ryondrae Wesley(CENT)

285: Josh Young(OLDHAM), Matt Ballinger(NH), James Payne(IRQ), Derek Farley(MOORE)

We shall see.

Nickel Will beat Baker in the finals. it will be close but nickel will come out on top

Here are the results i was pretty close

103:Bradbury(TRI), Elam(UNION), Wood(NH), South(NO)

112:Adam Carr(UNION), Terrance Demery(NH), Dan Smith(TRI), Zachary Michael(MOORE)

119:Aaron Carr(UNION), Andre Zeppa(NO), Roderick Shoulders(EAST), Jacob Colson(PRP)

125:Trey Morlatt(OC), Jake Wempe(UNION), Grant Ohlmann(TRI), ????????

130:Matt Eck(NH), Isaac Ervin(UNION), Tom Kusnir(NO), Blake Kraft(EAST)

135:Ben Warner(OC), Justin Davis(EAST), Luke Ervin(UNION), Johnivon Oggs(NH)

140:Ben Case(TRI), John Thomas(CENT), Jerry Ledford(NH), ???????

145:Mikal McNeely(EAST), Russ Whatley(TRI), ????????????????????

152:Mitch Ervin(UNION), John Golsby(HOLMES), Brad Hitchings(TRI), Phil Harrison(EAST)

160:Ty Wolfe(NH) forfeit to Dakota Choate(PRP), ?????????????????

171:Ben Rupp(EAST), John Florence(TRI), Curt Martin(CALD), Marcell Haynes(NH)

189:Mark Jones(NH) PINNED Josh Lewis(TRI), Dionte Wright(UNION), ???????

215:Derek Nickel(DOSS), Matt Baker(NH), ??????????????????????

285:Josh Young(OC), James Payne(IRQ), Matt Ballinger(NH), ????????

Teams:

1. North Hardin

2. Trinity

3. Union County

MOW-171 Ben Rupp

Here are the results i was pretty close

103:Bradbury(TRI), Elam(UNION), Wood(NH), South(NO)

112:Adam Carr(UNION), Terrance Demery(NH), Dan Smith(TRI), Zachary Michael(MOORE)

119:Aaron Carr(UNION), Andre Zeppa(NO), Roderick Shoulders(EAST), Jacob Colson(PRP)

125:Trey Morlatt(OC), Jake Wempe(UNION), Grant Ohlmann(TRI), ????????

130:Matt Eck(NH), Isaac Ervin(UNION), Tom Kusnir(NO), Blake Kraft(EAST)

135:Ben Warner(OC), Justin Davis(EAST), Luke Ervin(UNION), Johnivon Oggs(NH)

140:Ben Case(TRI), John Thomas(CENT), Jerry Ledford(NH), ???????

145:Mikal McNeely(EAST), Russ Whatley(TRI), ????????????????????

152:Mitch Ervin(UNION), John Golsby(HOLMES), Brad Hitchings(TRI), Phil Harrison(EAST)

160:Ty Wolfe(NH) forfeit to Dakota Choate(PRP), ?????????????????

171:Ben Rupp(EAST), John Florence(TRI), Curt Martin(CALD), Marcell Haynes(NH)

189:Mark Jones(NH) PINNED Josh Lewis(TRI), Dionte Wright(UNION), ???????

215:Derek Nickel(DOSS), Matt Baker(NH), ??????????????????????

285:Josh Young(OC), James Payne(IRQ), Matt Ballinger(NH), ????????

Teams:

1. North Hardin

2. Trinity

3. Union County

MOW-171 Ben Rupp

At 125 Antonio Zeppa took 3rd

Eaglewrestler12, you were indeed close on your picks.  North Hardin had a great day yesterday, team wise.  If Matt Baker had not had bronchitis yesterday, it might have been a different story in the finals.  He barely survived against Meisner in the semi's.  Hopefully they will meet again in the Trojan Classic, when he can breathe. ha!

my bad i messed up on some of those results, i had a hard time paying attention to all the matches because im used to one mat in the middle for finals. So does everybody think about Mikal McNeely at 145 he was out all season with shoulder injury and Big East was his first tournament this year and he ended up winning it. Also Justin Davis at 135 made the finals beating Johnivon Oggs and Luke Ervin and it's only his first year wrestling

Luna did wrestle he got pinned by Aaron Carr and then threw a fit, and tried to fight aaron carr so he got kicked outta the gym but roderick shoulders easterns other 119 really stepped it up to beat jacob barton and take 3rd also other eastern wrestlers stepped it up to give us 4th place

Guest wrestler92

It's a good thing they took him back.  Although if you let three of your guys leave during the county tournament and not wrestle for your places and then let them come back too....those both say alot.  A couple of us were wondering about the number of eastern wrestlers in the tournament and none of them said eastern one or eastern 2, so you had no way of knowing which "team" they were connected to or if all their points were going to the same team.  where did all the teams end up?  I never heard an announcement for an eastern 2 team score. 

Guest JHfan1

from what i heard it was a very good tournament, alot of unexpected things happened, anything else unexpected besides the luna pin and the eastern wrestlers stepping up

Guest wrestler92

I know usually "2" teams are non-scoring, but none were listed as two so you don't know who was and who wasn't.  Otherwise there is no way of knowing who was on which squad and scoring points for the team.

The Scoring team was

103:Austin Dicken

112:Russell Nyitrai

119:Roderick Shoulders

125:Chris Downs

130:Blake Kraft

135:Justin Davis

140:Ryan Clark

145:Mikal McNeely

152:Phil Harrison

160:empty

171:Ben Rupp

189:empty

215:Jake Hillard

285:Tyler Beckett

What in the world is wrong with that kid this year? My coach always told us,"If he can kick your butt on the mat, he can kick your butt off the mat."

Maybe the guys just been having hard times lately or somethin'. I hung out with him a little bit last year at state and he looked like a little kid. He was nice as could be and was a great sport about any loses he had. Very respectable guy. It seems like he's done a complete 180 since then. I was shocked.

Me too! It's like he is having a "Mike Tyson" moment or something. I'm sure the pressure has gotten to him, but that is still no excuse for his behavior. If I was Coach Coomes, I would have to cut my losses and tell him to hit the road.

His neck was hurting really bad. I'm not sure what happened to it. It sucks though. I was really wantin' to see him and Ty again.

from what i heard it was a very good tournament, alot of unexpected things happened, anything else unexpected besides the luna pin and the eastern wrestlers stepping up

Lets see.

103 An awsome final match at 103 triple overtime i believe.

119 Aaron Carr defeating both Luna and Zeppa

135 Justin Davis making it to the finals.

140 Worst finals match Case stalled his way through the match.

152 Golsby defeating Hitchings took him down twice with no problem (not sure why he didn't continue though)

189 Jones was a beast.

Hwt Josh Young hitting graby's against Hwt's.

Who left in the ambulance??? Someone said it was a Holmes kid. Its kinda hard to tell since they only have about 4 on the team anyway.