Just Wrestle

Woodford Co.

Anyone know their lineup for sure yet? Help fill in the blanks or make changes...

103- Parks

112- Smith

119- Lewis

125- Parks

130- Scott?

135- Butler?

140- Sheahan?

145- Courtney

152- Fyffe

160-?

171- Starks

189- Starks

215- Byrd?

Hwt- Byrd, Goodrich?

Looks like a good team, but not a great team. Will probably be enough to win state. This could be the last one for Woodford for awhile...

I noticed they have came in the top 3 in state since 1990!!!!!!!! 15 years in a row! Wow.

Really? Tell me your joking..

I know they had a kid from TN move in who I think was a state placer at 215. Maybe a junior now. Then the Fyffe kid transfered. And Phillips thought about it...

I don't think there's a new one, although I haven't talked to them in awhile. Coach Carr has 16 brothers and sisters (that's a lot of nieces & nephews), but I seriously doubt one moved there.

Thats still a pretty impressive team. LaRue has Parker and Miller who are both on the same level as Parks and Lewis. But they'd have no answer for Courtney and Starks, and i think Woodford's other weight classes would be better balanced.

If Ryle indeed has Hovecamp and O'Brien coming back, they would be about as balanced as Woodford minus the the big 4 (Starks, Parks, Lewis, Courtney). So i don't think they'd have an answer either.

In short, yes Woodford will win this year. I do think Ryle vs LaRue is a tossup for second, Ryle wins narrowly. After all, they tied last year.

Anyone know if South Oldham plays into this anywhere ?

I think South Oldham is equal to Woodford. To start you have Scott and Scherer, equal to anyone in the state. Even though they don't have as much top level talent as Woodford after that, they are returning 14 state qualifiers. With that experience, they will score points.

I still have to say that Woodford will win again, hands down. I know I have a biased opinion, but look at the numbers. However, they must continue to perform like they have in years past, if not then the crown can be easily stolen.

Since most people agree that Woodford, LaRue, Ryle, and South Oldham are the top tier teams in the state can anyone come up with a list of the returning starters/qualifiers/placers? That would make it a lot easier to discuss this topic.

No, i agree with you AllAmerican. South Oldham will be tough, but no one has anything for Woodford this year. When i said yeah, i was just acknowledging they are good ... not that they are Woodford's equal.

Guest DAWG6
What about Lewis' date=' is he off the team? Rumor has it......?[/quote']

I find it hard to believe 2x state runner-up an potenial state champion would be kicked off the team :idea:

If Woodford wants a state title they need Coty.

If it's attutide :evil: Coach Parks & Carr will straighten that out. :twisted:

If it's grades :cry: he'd be eligble come Jan if he meets the requirement.

If he's out then John Smith :wink: would be the 119.

Anyway we'll see come Saturday at the Oldham Co. superduals.

Fyffe will be a tough wrestler going to a great program' date=' both joe carr's will chissle away at his bad habits and make him a great wrestler......[/quote']What is fyffe going

Guest jp
:twisted: Coty Lewis has an attutide problem he walked out when Coach Parks told him Lewis will have to wreslte off with Parks for a starting spot :cry:

I hope Rusty's injury isn't serious :!:

But, if he is out "short term or long" I guess Coty will be @125 Saturday for King of Bluegrass :?:

Did John Smith go underfeated Saturday @ Oldham Duals :?:

Who all he beat.