Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Flo Nationals

11 hours ago, Achilles said:

REED GOING TO Chatanooga ?

Is he? I know the Number 1 heavy from Tennessee is going there.. IMO not on Reeds level. Thought Reed was head to Lindsey? 

Reed is a greco aa and.just lost one match in ot at Flo is #1 heavy from.tenn his level ?? If he was he would.havw probably been.at Flo ...Reed is probaly fresh and hungry while.most kids are burnt out he did not wrestle all year and.he is in a good spot to do serious Fargo Damage .  D1 schools will be on him .Think hes goin to Lindsey 

He's currently committed to Lindsey Wilson but I would imagine he turned a lot of heads with that Nevills match. I doubt Reed will decommit from Lindsey Wilson but if I was a D1 coach I think I'd notice the talent and just have to ask about the insane work ethic

Is Reed even able to de-commit? Unsure of rules.  

Honestly him going to LW is not the place for him.  On top of the Nevils match he pinned and majored several other state champs. 

When I first saw him he was purely a man child.. now he is really developing his wrestling skills.  He is Div 1 IMO.  

17 minutes ago, Give us 2! said:

Is Reed even able to de-commit? Unsure of rules.  

Honestly him going to LW is not the place for him.  On top of the Nevils match he pinned and majored several other state champs. 

When I first saw him he was purely a man child.. now he is really developing his wrestling skills.  He is Div 1 IMO.  

I believe if he signed a national letter of intent, he will lose a year by decommitting. If it's a verbal, then he's free to explore other options, without losing any eligibility. I'm not an expert, but I believe that's correct. Either way, it appears to be purely speculation, unless Brandon has communicated interest in exploring options outside of LW. I don't know Brandon, but he seems like an excellent kid that will make the decision that best suits him. 

9 hours ago, Old wrestler said:

I believe if he signed a national letter of intent, he will lose a year by decommitting. If it's a verbal, then he's free to explore other options, without losing any eligibility. I'm not an expert, but I believe that's correct. Either way, it appears to be purely speculation, unless Brandon has communicated interest in exploring options outside of LW. I don't know Brandon, but he seems like an excellent kid that will make the decision that best suits him. 

For NAIA and NCAA Div. III, there is no commitment bind for the student athlete. For NAIA, the student athlete may be with held from competition if he/she chooses to attend another NAIA school in a different conference after participating with their first school. Only NCAA Div. I and II, require a national letter of intent and if the student chooses to attend a different school after committing could face a penalty.  

"Letters of intent in the NAIA are agreements between a prospective student and the school. NAIA rules do not impose any penalties or suspension on a prospective student that breaks an agreement with a school to attend a different institution. Therefore, if a prospective student signed with one institution but did not compete, the student may participate immediately should the student choose to attend a different institution"

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Achilles said:

Reed is a greco aa and.just lost one match in ot at Flo is #1 heavy from.tenn his level ?? If he was he would.havw probably been.at Flo ...Reed is probaly fresh and hungry while.most kids are burnt out he did not wrestle all year and.he is in a good spot to do serious Fargo Damage .  D1 schools will be on him .Think hes goin to Lindsey 

No i don't thinkhe is on Reeds level.. As stated. I think he still ends up at Lindsey but he is D1 talent.