Sign in to follow this  
Old wrestler

2017 NCAA Takeaways

Wrestling a College 3 x All American at The NCAA national championships as a FreshmaN! Hows that for middle school and High School stats !!2017-03-29 08.44.25.png

• Upvote 1

Some more non Youth High School middle school stuff hahah

I will post a pic of that sweet Azz MAC championship ring when.it arrives hahaha think I will start a thread entitled RINGS or THE LORD OF THE RINGS hahah 

Screenshot_2017-03-06-14-48-06.png

15 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Coon and Snyder could be epic. 

Iowa may be in trouble. If Iowa State gets rolling it could hurt the Hawkeyes not that they both won't be recruiting Pa and NE Ohio anyway. 

I used to be a cop.  It's best to ignore the drunks rather than argue with them is what I learned.  No doubt Austin Meyers has an uphill battle created by his father.  I wrestled DI in college and earned a partial scholarship.  It isn't about the winning or losing.  It's the process of picking your butt up when it's been handed to you.  Kyle Snyder speaks about it and does so eloquently.  

I feel pity for the father of the Missouri Hwt.  He hasn't enjoyed the ride because he's been thumbing his nose at perceived enemies.  It's sad actually.

Snyder, Coon, Nevills, Stoll, Black, Jennings.......B1G Ten loaded! A few stud HWTs that either RS or injured will be back in action next year.  Coon looks to be the next in line to challenge Snyder. Stoll will be back, as will Brooks Black. I am interested to see how Amarveer performs. Hall has some momentum now after taking two yrs off for mission work. Nevills stayed relatively healthy and will be a beast. Billy Miller underwhelmed at NCAAs this year as a soph, but should drastically improve on that. Jordan Wood (in a great Lehigh program) and Andrew Dunn (rolled with Walz) are both coming off RS. I look for Thomas Haines to make great strides as well. He is too good of an athlete not to. Look at the returnees that just missed placing. Those guys oughta be hungry. N.C. State keeps churning out quality bigs. They have two young ones in Boykin and Rogers. 

• Upvote 1

FYI:

I think I speak for many of the moderators here.

Stop sending us notifications of bad behavior of a certain individual if you are going to bait him into bad behavior.  

When I get each notification I review the post and the previous posts.  Every time I find out that the original post that has been tagged as bad behavior has been instigated by another individual, many time the exact individual that is sending the notification.  

Have you ever heard about the story of the boy who cried wolf.  Well that is exactly what is happening here.  

If you don't want to read the bad behavior on this forum you can do one of two things. 1: don't read the posts or 2: more importantly don't goad, bait or instigate an individual. 

GOO OUT

NICE POST.

Seriously talking smack about a kid and his family then trying to get them booted from a forum.when they reply ..pretty sad ...but what I expect from people hiding behind.user names knocking REAL athletes .

Edited by Achilles

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

FYI:

I think I speak for many of the moderators here.

Stop sending us notifications of bad behavior of a certain individual if you are going to bait him into bad behavior.  

When I get each notification I review the post and the previous posts.  Every time I find out that the original post that has been tagged as bad behavior has been instigated by another individual, many time the exact individual that is sending the notification.  

Have you ever heard about the story of the boy who cried wolf.  Well that is exactly what is happening here.  

If you don't want to read the bad behavior on this forum you can do one of two things. 1: don't read the posts or 2: more importantly don't goad, bait or instigate an individual. 

GOO OUT

Good post.Pretty liberal for a kentuckian. It's never the offenders fault for his actions but the communities fault for instigating...er...not agreeing with his craziness.

Thanks

Nice knocking Kentucky once again, I think everyone has seen through your bs for quite some time now anyway .I would kick me off too a few xs for cursing at you clowns.but I never took it personal I know some.moderators cannot stand you haters and know your all full of crap and.are and always have been meaningless potstirrers .

Wow, I'm sure this is all sooo much fun for all of you. There is a third option Goo forgot to mention. everyone can auto delete any person from their account so that no message posted from that person will appear on their board. may just help relieve some aggravation and stress for some of you guys. good luck and be sure to check your blood pressure often. 

• Upvote 1

No I am just tired of getting notifications for bad behavior.  That bad behavior happens enough without your help.  When the bad behavior happens without help then it is taken care off.  

I took a chance by posting that comment figuring many would think I was siding with Achilles.  But instead I get called something far worse.  A Li... Lib.... Liber....Oh heck I can't even say it.  L. L.  L... Liberal, there you go.  Whew now I have to wash my mouth out with soap.  

I've been trying not to read the crazyness, but keep getting pulled back in with notifications.  

1 hour ago, wildcat2002 said:

It's never the offenders fault for his actions but the communities fault for instigating..

Oh officer I don't know why he shot him.  He wasn't doing anything, just poking him telling him someone is coming to get him. He only had a toy gun pointed at his head. 

Always those hiding behind user names scheming and taking knocks and you.can delete someone but their garbage is still out there their lies and.bs .its obvious who instigates things seems they would get canned but it is what it is .

I will be keeping an eye on UNI next year as well. They return most of the lineup, a bunch of freshman starters. This team might be two years away from challenging for a top ten finish.

• Upvote 1

UNI Was a top 20 team I know they lose Peters and Everard both srs not sure about the rest and they have some decent recruits ,they have a good shot at being runners up again in at the MAC Championships and winning the regular season if they can get by Mizzou again .ranked 14 th this year they are not far from the top ten as is .

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

Always those hiding behind user names scheming and taking knocks and you.can delete someone but their garbage is still out there their lies and.bs .its obvious who instigates things seems they would get canned but it is what it is .

I agree with you on this. Let's try to keep facts in the conversation and less inflation of mediocrity.

Spoken like a true message board Coward .I didnt know someone.making it to D1 nationals as a hvy freshman was.mediocre or having the best record.and.most credentials of.any 220 wrestler quite possibly of.anyone.ever would.be.considered mediocre but im sure theres tons of.kids in.your house with undefeated seasons and.HS careers and you probably made it to.D1 nationals as a freshman heavy as well only im sure you won .lmao

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone else notice Martinez appear to just give up and accept defeat? I was rewatching the finals tonight and when he was put on his back, he simply appeared to succumb to defeat. When Nolf stuck him last year, I noticed this as well. By all accounts, Martinez seems like a terrific kid, but I was surprised by my perceived lack of fight out of him, especially since he was on pace to win 4 titles. 

• Upvote 1

I personally think you can thank Jason Nolf/ Cael Sanderson for that.  Why else do you think he goes to 165?  Clearly undersized!  Gassed because he had to work so hard to overcome the size difference!

• Upvote 1

Maybe but by this time.of year most everyone.should be in.shape and.he had all.yr at his weight.perhaps it was Josephs shape that was the issue hard to say either way he seemed done the whole 3rd.I saw him pinned earlier in the year and it just was not called not really a.surprise everyone seemed beatable except Jden Retherford and.maybe Snyder although he seemed he was in trouble on.bottom.once .