Sign in to follow this  

FloNationals

Casey got screwed. Looked like 2, I don't know how you don't at least give 1. Video review should be available in semis. 

Just now, 385 said:

Casey got screwed. Looked like 2, I don't know how you don't at least give 1. Video review should be available in semis. 

agreed, I can understand the time being out for the 2 call, video review would answer that, but 1 should have been awarded as Hilday had zero control

Can't answer that, but I would think if not, has to be close.  I would say there were around 20 kids wrestling.  Moore and Casey placing.  Keegan, Reed, Allgeier, Dante, and I'm probably missing some 1 match from placing. 

28 minutes ago, 385 said:

Thanks to dutch we can clearly see Casey should have had 2, and been in the finals.

IMG_2645.PNG

3 hours ago, Coach Wagers said:

Thanks to dutch we can clearly see Casey should have had 2, and been in the finals.

IMG_2645.PNG

I say it was clearly a reversal. Worse case should have been loss of control and awarded an escape.  Regardless Casey handled it like a champ. Great job. 

• Upvote 1

NHSCA have had huge numbers over the last few years .Many kids from CC Union Trinity and X SK and more .quite a bit of placers Austin Frankrone And Brock winning Andreoni Fausz AND Cornett I think in finals A few Sr AAs like Stephen and  Fausz And Reuschell before them .And a 4 X finalist 3 X champ :).Not sure of numbers going this year with the grade level stuff it opens up more doors Sr level being top notch But wouldn't Argue flo is very special but I don't think it has had the KY numbers .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just watched this several times in rewind.  It all happened very fast.  

My take was this was 1 escape.  The other wrestler turned immediately after the still shot is shown in the above and created a scramble situation.  Not a reversal.  If this was college wrestling then maybe 2 reversal.  

Anyways... the head official looks to have gotten it right initially, but put his faith in his assistant (Which most will) and flipped his call trusting him and most will since he was focused on the action.. not necessarily the time on the clock.

10 hours ago, tja said:

Any info on the schools that have interest in Cornett and Frankrone and so on ?

I know for Frankrone he's gotten looks from the usual suspects at the top of D1. I remember hearing Arizona State was after him pretty hard.

ASU would be awesome, Zeke Jones would be incredible to have as a coach.  With that choice though I see it tough to pull the trigger just based on their recruiting class last year, Lance Benick and both Valencia Bros would be incredible to have as partners, but that also would put 4 guys into 2 weight classes, 4 top ranked guys.  Would Tyler go 184?  197?  Just seems tough to me to make that decision given no certainty. 

I understand where you are coming from but it just depends on what he wants world class coaching and great competition everyday in the room and I'm pretty positive he could break into that lineup in a few years it all just depends on what he prefers though.

8 hours ago, tja said:

Tyler to ASU would pretty cool considering the recruiting classes they have had the last two years.

They have been aggressive the past few years. It would be a great room to be in.

I Think Tyler could do well at 197 at some point but at 184 he could do god knows what kind of damage under the right circumstances, He's a big strong kid but doesn't have the frame for a heavy and would have some disadvantages reach and height wise at 197 where some guys are cutting down from near 220s and 6 foot plus .184 and busy and hungry in a good room and  he's a wrecking ball.

AS FOR BEST TURNOUT AT ANY NATIONAL TOURNAMENT FOR KY IT'S A NO BRAINER AUSTIN IN HIS FOURTH FINALS AT NHSCA BEATING A COULD HAVE BEEN 4 XER AND OW WINNER FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR TO WIN SRS AND THE OW ? TYLER SHOWING UP LIKE A WRESTLING GOD AND SOMETHING OUT OF HIS COMPS NIGHTMARES MOWING DOWN EVERYONE TO WIN A JR TITLE, CORNET NEARLY TAKING A SOPH  TITLE AS WELL and show that studs are present and approaching for KY and the previous year had numerous kids in finals as well from KY 

KY will be lucky to ever have a day like that or have a run like that in any national tournament a couple years earlier Brock and Austin winning titles Fausz and Andreoni in finals as well .Stephen placing 2 yrs in a row Jr and Sr nationals and all the rest .A nice run for KY at NHSCAs. BUT HAVING A SR CHAMP AND SR OW WHO ENDA UP NHSCA WRESTLER OF THE YEAR A JR CHAMP AND A SOPH NEARLY WIN .THAT'S A GOOD DAY FOR ANY STATE .I DONT THINK MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD THE IMPACT OR WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANT SEEING AUSTIN AND TYLER DRILL AND WARM UP BEFORE THEIR FINALS MATCHES WAS UNREAL they were calm focused probably a bit nervous or a lot but had no fear in their hearts whatsoever it was awesome and seeing Stephen in their corners was fitting as well they all had such respect and knowledge of what was going  on and each other the youthful and first hand grasp of things That could only be had by wrestlers so close to competition ,Easily KY HIGH SCHOOL  WRESTLINGS finest DAY .

As me and Mr Frankrone laughed so hard we cried all we kept saying was.

KY IS IN THE HOUSE..

• Downvote 1

Of course the greatest coaching wrestling combo in the history of all high school sports occurred less than a week after last yrs NHSCAs as Ranger and Dutch led a road weary  Austin through the Field at Flo Nationals and KY was In the house again as Dutch KYs own Ranger  coach Bankamper and Campbell Countys own ATM ascended the stairs to the raised platform and the finals of the FLO Nationals 220 class and totally shocked the world as ATM and KYs finest dismantled and toyed with a Michigan State champ and capped of the greatest folk style high school wrestling career and Sr run in KY history with a second period pin and an over dramatic finish that Flo was looking for !!

Yes it's a chance to brag and remember but it's also history and fact lol.

Hope to see Dutch and Ranger up on that platform again they were very comfortable and any KY kid would be lucky to have them in their Corner .

• Downvote 1