Sign in to follow this  
NatureBoy

NCAA Bids.

THE NCAA Bid allotments are out for the conferences ,Nice to see BIG 12 added 6 new teams so they get automatic bids at least 3 each weight ,nice considering last year they didn't even get 1 guaranteed each class ,Sweet ,With conferences growing and gaining power and influence the sport itself will grow and get away from becoming an almost monopoly as far as BIG 10 Goes.Like to see a couple more teams in big 12 and some others combine or pick up some teams .

HOW SWEET IT WOULD BE IF 3 OR 4 TEAMS SEC WOULD PICK UP WRESTLING.Missouri could be sec the new sec could be sec of course and they could pick up a couple schools elsewhere .An instant Conference .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your in positive for the first time ever lol gotta look at the positives and I second the idea for Florida to pick up a program FSU or Miami would probably be an easier fit with wrestling because of the ACC. I wish the SEC would pick up wrestling again I just doubt it will ever happen.

• Upvote 1

LSU had a program before ,they would be a big boost as would any sec team adding wrestling .

It's not about positives or negatives it's more of a right or wrong thing but more often than not its a might makes right thing .With people rarely posting at all let alone on the College board it's pretty dumb when someone strikes a negative on a post that has absolutely nothing negative to say about anyone at all unless their just a straight up hater and that explains a lot of my negatives .

I don't mind getting dirty ,The truth always shines through and when it doesn't the gold Does 

Screenshot_2016-03-03-19-17-23.png

• Downvote 1

7 OUT OF TEN I BELIEVE,Auburn beat #1 Oklahoma and was a top 10 team the final year sec had wrestling ,title 9 blew it up .Auburns coach was from Ohio and drew studs from NE Ohio as I'm sure KY could do if they had a D1 team along with all the KY kids available and from all around .I'm sure if KY or Louisville had a D1 team it would be big it could be very big for a school like NKU to have a wrestling program close proximity to a large number of High School teams and of course it's in CC lol

• Downvote 1

Have to say College Wrestling has not found the perfect way to choose it's best athletes to compete in its national Championships ,Not sure how it should be done just sure it could be a done better and more Fair .The best will rise either way I suppose .

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Have to say College Wrestling has not found the perfect way to choose it's best athletes to compete in its national Championships ,Not sure how it should be done just sure it could be a done better and more Fair .The best will rise either way I suppose .

If you think it's bad now you should see what Division 3 had for years. Only the champ in each conference qualified and anyone else had to rely on a wild card. Well all of the wild cards got allocated to two conferences (Augsburgs and Wartburgs) so everyone else was left with one.

I know big ten has a majority of the best guys but last yr was a bit of a joke they got about 9 bids per class .Big 12 although only 4 teams did not even get an automatic bid I think and you have powerhouse teams okl okl St ,this year they had ten teams got some bids but still probably not as many as they should .other conferences you get one win and your in that's not very fair to others who have to win multiple matches . SAW A KID LOSE FIRST MATCH THEN WIN 2 IN CONSO AND YOUR IN PROBABLY SOME WHO LOST GOT A BYE WON 1 AND IN.

OTHERS WHO MAY WIN LOSE ONE WIN A COUPLE AND STILL NOT IN .

WHO KNOWS IF THE WILD CARDS ARE DONE FAIRLY IT SHOULDN'T BE A BIG DEAL BUT LOOKING AT RANKINGS I DOUBT IT .I KNOW A KID RANKED LIKE 60 SOMETHING WHO HAS A 72 PERCENT WIN RATIO ALL AGAINST D1  AND 20 PLUS WINS RANKED BELOW ABOUT 30 GUYS WITH LOWER RATIOs who have wins against lesser quality guys and some ahead of him he has straight up beaten and or placed higher than in shared tournaments .

It's all good though it will all be set straight .

Screenshot_2015-11-24-21-55-40.png

• Downvote 2

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2016-02-25/di-wrestling-qualifier-allocations-coaches-rankings-and-rpi

NCAA bid process is found here. It's extremely fair and based on rankings. I'd you don't make one of the qualifying spots at the conference tournament, it is still possible to get an at large bid to help fill the 33 man bracket. 

As far as the big 12 goes, OK state is the only decent team this year. OK is having a down year and 36 spots will be plenty. 

The big ten rates the spots with quality results. Should be a good tournament. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Every time you post all I read is duhhhhhhhhh.

Last year Big 12 didn't even get 1 bid for champs .how is that fair lol 

OKL ST IS THE ONLY DECENT TEAM HUH HAHAHAHA SO WHAT IS Iowa State OKL and yes even west Virginia who was ranked in the top 25 this year and had wins over top 20 teams in just the last few weeks .Your such a tool .

Much better this year as far as bids go .

Some conferences you win one match and your in or get a bye a win and your in others you have to win it all to get in ...Not really fair at all as for the process with a conference like big 12 adding six teams their bids will grow ..and on a side note that rs fresh you have knocked for years from one of those big 12 teams you say is not decent beat one of those qualifiers from the BIG 10 this year .:).Yes it should be good as for big ten over half their wrestlers get bids  they have quality guys but many who would lose to guys who do not get out of other conferences .Fact

• Downvote 3

17 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Every time you post all I read is duhhhhhhhhh.

Last year Big 12 didn't even get 1 bid for champs .how is that fair lol 

OKL ST IS THE ONLY DECENT TEAM HUH HAHAHAHA SO WHAT IS Iowa State OKL and yes even west Virginia who was ranked in the top 25 this year and had wins over top 20 teams in just the last few weeks .Your such a tool .

Much better this year as far as bids go .

Some conferences you win one match and your in or get a bye a win and your in others you have to win it all to get in ...Not really fair at all as for the process with a conference like big 12 adding six teams their bids will grow ..and on a side note that rs fresh you have knocked for years from one of those big 12 teams you say is not decent beat one of those qualifiers from the BIG 10 this year .:).Yes it should be good as for big ten over half their wrestlers get bids  they have quality guys but many who would lose to guys who do not get out of other conferences .Fact

What ever you say. Did you see that 197 pounder for Osu wrestling heavy and not making excuses about the weight or age difference? Spoiler alert...he's younger than that redshirt "freshman".

The big ten earned it's spots. Something like half of the top 20. Get over it. The big 12 is down and they added a bunch of teams that really aren't that good. OK state is it than a huge drop off...duh

Big 12 Wrestling Team Standings
1. Oklahoma State – 161
2. Oklahoma – 100
3. Iowa State – 87
4. South Dakota State – 77
5. Wyoming – 71.5
6. West Virginia – 65.5
7. North Dakota State – 62.5
8. Utah Valley – 60.5
9. Air Force – 39.5
10. Northern Colorado – 30.5

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You would because your a tool haha

SO YOU HAVE TO BRING UP A WORLD CHAMP TO KNOCK Austin lol hahaha

And if you think Snyder is 197 your dumber than we know you are .

6 foot 5  285 lb Howrath are you blind as well as dumb

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, the man on the moon said:

John Lampe received an at large bid at 184. 

Was gonna post about this. hoping he can make a little noise at NCAAs. Add Fahy and Fausz to the list as well!

• Upvote 1

Lampe gets #2 Brooks first round. Fausz has winnable 1st rd vs #14 Rodriguez, but probable 2nd rd match vs Mega. If Fahy can get by #4 Cimato he might be able to make a run to the qtrs. Of course, all eyes will be on the 285 class. Can Snyderman and Gwiz hold serve to meet in the finals? I was impressed with how Snyder handled Coon in B1G Ten finals, but Gwiz is on a different level than Coon. Snyder was able to get out from bottom vs Coon, can he do the same against Gwiz?

• Upvote 1