Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - FEBRUARY 10

47 minutes ago, Knob said:

I know he lost to him at the 5 star.  He figured about how to keep a wrestler from stalling and dominated him at Woodford Invitational.  I could care less whether Lundy is ranked on your post.  My point from the beginning is that these rankings appear more based on name recognition and less on outcome.  What about Dallas O?  I have watched him dominate Tucker twice this year.  Just asking this forum be straight forward about how kids are being ranked.

lol buddy let it go.  what the heck does it matter if your kid is ranked 20th?

11 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Hey Ranger, just wondering if you have ever considered my suggestion from earlier. Only rank the top 10 and then list 10 or so contenders (in no particular order.) It may even lighten your load a little. Just a though..

sometimes, but the full ranking comes in handy this week as we predict how the bracket plays out and going back to rank 11-30 would be impossible at the last minute. Plus I think the consensus was this approach was better when I just did a list for ms (everyone wanted them ranked). 

Dallas O. Now there is a good question. Yes he beat Hurst pretty good at the Mustang. But up to that point I believe Hurst had beat him like 8 straight times (including 2 majors earlier in the year). That one match did not change their history or how I viewed them in relation to one another. Besides when you are taking about two top kids it is not out of the question for one to be off and the other on and change a result. Not to mention the kid with the 8-1 record in this discussion is a for are state champ and multiple time state placer. 

BUT, with Dallas winning two in a row and a region final that plays huge in the state bracket that ranking will change this week. 

NOTE: simple questions are received much better than punk call outs

Sparh  at 138 looked good at regional after giving up a very quick td to start the match he hung in and got the win and probably could have gotten another point early off of a stalling , He can wrestle and physically he looks more impressive than everyone else he wrestles .He should have legit shot at a win if he doesn't get some kind of injury like he seems to get every year ,Erdman just seems to be having a peaking issue be it physical or mental or both it will be interesting to see if he can change his game plan up to fit hos needs ,he can certainly still win it all but it looks wide open With them Vasquez Binder and the rest .

• Upvote 1

It looks that way NOW I think each have their own strengths and flaws but I would stand by anything I posted about Erdman he scored so fast in the match I didn't even get a chance to see what happened ,I think it's a matter of timing and finding himself and what he needs to do to be the step above everyone  he can and has been .You have to bring it.physically I would say Sparh and Binder appear dominant physically  but Sparh I think has been at this weight longer than the others I just do not want to see some Injury keep him out of doing better I have rooted for him year after year and it never fails some  injury keeps him from reaching his potential .The word injury prone comes to mind immediately whenever I start to think of him .Perhaps this is the year for him perhaps not I tend to cheer for those who go above and beyond Erdman used to and I do not know what most do outside the regular season. All I know is where I go and I see kids like Yenter Wells after season at freestyle greco events Sparh not so much .Knowing CC what little I do a lot is expected of its SRs  I hope he does bring it as he did at regional I'm sure it was a big boost to him and if he's on he will be a Champ .I have yet to see him be on at State though .

You are absolutely right, Erdman has all the tools to bring it home. Question is will he? which one of the top 5 is going to have the performance of their career and take the cake? Vasquez, Erdman, Johnson, Bindner, Spahr. one of these fellas is going to have a weekend worth remembering!

I will be the first to congratulate Sparh on a great win.  However anyone that saw the match saw Logan run out of gas.  I was giving him pediatlyte to get his electrolytes back after he threw his guts up for about an hour after his Tech performance in the semis.  Again, great win, but you may see a rejuvenated Logan at State.  We shall see how it unfolds very soon.

2 hours ago, Wky said:

You can drop my kid down in the rankings , just fuel for the fire the way I look at it . 

Sorry you are not afforded that extra motivation any longer. 

I believe we are about to see a 7th grade 106 kid wreck some hopes and dreams. Escalara is a beast, and is definitely going to show what hard work and ambition is!! And on a side note, what a great kid to be around, got to love him! Good luck to all of the wrestlers this weekend. Oh, good luck to my Apollo family this weekend!!

There was a 7th grader just a few years ago by the name of Trevor Lawson that wrecked some hopes and dreams at State as well. He was about as close as you can be to winning it, much like Mark Hall. I look forward to seeing Escalera at State. I love seeing young talent. Does Escalera have a favorable draw? 

HALL was not a 106 lber,I saw a seventh grader nearly win 106 at region 6 there are some stud 7th graders out there it looks good for the future of KY wrestling ,Good stuff,Then again how many 106 lb High school kids are there ???

• Upvote 1

I think so, but as he advances, he will see Cagan Wallace! That one will be a great one to watch!! The  #2 against young Escalara ranked #6!! That's saying that they both advance, I've seen some strange things happen at state. I've learned that some kids show up on the big stage, and some freeze up, it still doesn't take away from all the hard hard work each wrestler put in throughout the year. I'm just excited to see how it all shakes out, and I'll beat this to death, but good luck to all the wrestlers, the #1s all the way through! 

I agree 100%, Cagan is a force to reckon with, he's one of my favorite kids to watch. Wow, great matt awareness, and is definitely one that can take a state title home! Just think it's going to be fun to watch Zeke and Cagan go at it, I'll definitely be watching that one if I can.

Does Escalara even weigh 106?  I saw he won state at 80 lbs last season, THATS TINY (whereas Yost won it at 105, Wheeler at 98). I  look forward to seeing this kid in action but I'm gonna hold off on crowning him the next Brock until I see him lock up in the 3rd period with a guy that weighs about 110  30 mins after weigh-ins and walks into practice on Mondays at 115.  There are some stout little 106ers out there.

NatureBoy, I know that Mark wasn't a 106, I was just making a comparison of two 7th graders that were very close to winning the State Tournament. I absolutely agree that we have some excellent 7th graders and 8th graders alike. 

I think so, but as he advances, he will see Cagan Wallace! That one will be a great one to watch!! The  #2 against young Escalara ranked #6!! That's saying that they both advance, I've seen some strange things happen at state. I've learned that some kids show up on the big stage, and some freeze up, it still doesn't take away from all the hard hard work each wrestler put in throughout the year. I'm just excited to see how it all shakes out, and I'll beat this to death, but good luck to all the wrestlers, the #1s all the way through!