CUTiger184

State Duals

Very good points. I was not saying that we should just change location on a whim either. I just thought if we nailed down a "permanent" location, the issue would be solved. That being said, I also like the idea of a rotating site, as long as it doesn't cause a participation issue. All in all, if it's building the sport, I will support it.

• Upvote 2

I think since the state tournament is in a set location at least for what seems to be a few years at a time it's nice moving state duals around .I think Lexington is a central location and perfect for where the state tourney is maybe minus the dust /dirt issues .And of course some brackets for ky state champs .

You know who really cares where the location is set for the Duals. Last time I checked this thread is to discuss the talent going and individual predictions on which team may come out on top an why. So tired of always seeing bickering about this or that in all the threads posted. Waaa Waaa Waaa, now I understand why Ranger and Dutch are never on here anymore. Everyone needs to refocuse on the main reason why these threads are available. "It is to discus the Wrestling talent in the State and talent it produces". Basically to showcase our wrestlers not their "Parents or Coaches and even Fans" it about them not us....  If I was an outside individual looking in to our State threads I would think there is nothing but crying and bickering in KY.

If you even think about replying to this in a smart @$$ way don't even bother because you wont get my dragged into the petty he said or she said games.........  Lets move on already and discuss our wrestlers abilities and dedication to the sport of wresting! We owe it to them. They bust their butts everyday and hardly ever ask for anything but respect in return!

MIC DROPPED - Enough said and time to move on already!!!!!!

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, KYWrestler@Heart said:

You know who really cares where the location is set for the Duals. Last time I checked this thread is to discuss the talent going and individual predictions on which team may come out on top an why. So tired of always seeing bickering about this or that in all the threads posted. Waaa Waaa Waaa, now I understand why Ranger and Dutch are never on here anymore. Everyone needs to refocuse on the main reason why these threads are available. "It is to discus the Wrestling talent in the State and talent it produces". Basically to showcase our wrestlers not their "Parents or Coaches and even Fans" it about them not us....  If I was an outside individual looking in to our State threads I would think there is nothing but crying and bickering in KY.

If you even think about replying to this in a smart @$$ way don't even bother because you wont get my dragged into the petty he said or she said games.........  Lets move on already and discuss our wrestlers abilities and dedication to the sport of wresting! We owe it to them. They bust their butts everyday and hardly ever ask for anything but respect in return!

Amen!  I miss the discussions about the wrestlers that were on here the mid 2000's. 

I think the location of the 2nd most important competition in the state is worth discussing.  As Nike Man said, I'm for whatever is best for the sport.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I think the location of the 2nd most important competition in the state is worth discussing.  As Nike Man said, I'm for whatever is best for the sport.

What ever is best for the sport and these kids, agreed.  The problem I see, if a neutral site was chosen (that was not a high school) then the KHSAA would have to rent the site, which would cost money, and most likely lose money in the end.  Having high schools or in this case Lindsey Wilson hosting doesn't cost the association anything, therefore all is good in their eyes, and budget.  I would think budget is the key for them, hence the horsepark.  Bringing up this issue though as well as the horsepark definitely is a different topic and thread.  Unfortunately until more revenue is created and the KHSAA believes we need a central neutral location it most likely will not happen. 

Even though we did not get in the duals this year, I am excited they are at our school, and can't wait to watch them.  There will be some very good matches for sure. 

1 hour ago, KYWrestler@Heart said:

I don't see where anyone was bickering. It was a few people having a productive exchange about the venue. And you may want to re-check the title of this thread, it is "State Duals", not the "talent going and individual predictions." This is a general discussion about whatever someone wishes to discuss relating to the State Duals. If you don't like the content, don't read it. And "MIC DROPPED"? Really? Are you 12? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KHSAA does not control the state duals.  They have nothing to do with it. The Coaches Association is what controls the state duals. 

Yes a neutral location may cost something.  That is the problem.  Schools hosting the tourney is another problem regardless of if that team is in the tourney or not.  

1 hour ago, grappler-of-old said:

KHSAA does not control the state duals.  They have nothing to do with it. The Coaches Association is what controls the state duals. 

Yes a neutral location may cost something.  That is the problem.  Schools hosting the tourney is another problem regardless of if that team is in the tourney or not.  

Makes sense, still somewhat transitioning from the Ohio to Kentucky differences on some things :D  In Ohio OHSAA controls the state duals.  Ran similarly but they do have a neutral site for the finals. 

As long as the schools have to host, this will most likely always be an issue.  People complaining about travel, costs, etc...  But for this to continue people have to take what is given. Some schools do not like hosting, some schools don't have the availability or the options to host, and these make it difficult to find the right venue of choice.  This can easily be a tough process for the coaches association considering people want these duals to happen, yet the circumstances can be constricting. 

I didn't see where anyone was bickering ,just talking about ideas on where or how best to have state duals a tournament that if used correctly can spread and grow the sport thus adding more wrestlers and showcase the wrestlers whom the sport is based around .

I did see someone try to make it an argument thread or at least in the eyes of those watching by claiming that is what it had turned into .

SPREADING ONE OF THESE TOURNAMENTS AROUND EACH YEAR AND PRMoting it properly IN THAT AREA COULD BRING MORE FANS AND MORE WRESTLERS TO THE SPORT SHOWCASING IT AND BUILDING IT UP COULD BE GREAT FOR THE FUTURE OF THE STATE .

And if some people want to argue more likely than not that to will keep some people Interested as well lol

I think know if everyone had the understanding that it would be held in a different section of the state each year for the purpose of spreading the sport to that area and all areas the travel issues would go away 

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

I didn't see where anyone was bickering ,just talking about ideas on where or how best to have state duals a tournament that if used correctly can spread and grow the sport thus adding more wrestlers and showcase the wrestlers whom the sport is based around .

I did see someone try to make it an argument thread or at least in the eyes of those watching by claiming that is what it had turned into .

SPREADING ONE OF THESE TOURNAMENTS AROUND EACH YEAR AND PRMoting it properly IN THAT AREA COULD BRING MORE FANS AND MORE WRESTLERS TO THE SPORT SHOWCASING IT AND BUILDING IT UP COULD BE GREAT FOR THE FUTURE OF THE STATE .

And if some people want to argue more likely than not that to will keep some people Interested as well lol

I like the thought of spreading it around, but let me take it one step further.  what if we had a team host in an area that doesn't have wrestling, like Bowling Green.  Promote it to death in that area and see if we can drudge up some more teams from that area.  what do you think of that idea?

8 minutes ago, ccbcdeke said:

I like the thought of spreading it around, but let me take it one step further.  what if we had a team host in an area that doesn't have wrestling, like Bowling Green.  Promote it to death in that area and see if we can drudge up some more teams from that area.  what do you think of that idea?

I love the theory but Bowling Green isn't centrally located.  Johnson Co is three hours from Lexington, which is three hours from Bowling Green.  I think it needs to be centrally located to ensure that the best teams participate in the first place.  Is there anywhere that's centrally located that does not have local wrestling programs?

If we could set up these locations years in advance.  This would help. If everyone knew that the state duals were going to be held in Harlan County in 2018 and in Bowling Green in 2019 and in Lexington in 2020.  That would give teams and fans plenty of time in advance to get ready for these events.  

It wold also give these areas time to promote the event.  Might even cause a school to start a team in advance of the tourney. 

Everyone wants it central located.  That is fine and dandy for the teams in the center of the state.  They never travel and have the heart ache of finding transportation getting up early and coming home late.   Its a good idea for other teams to have thees luxuries every once in a while. 

Isn't a central location best for everyone though?  Yes that means Johnson Central and Paducah Tighlman have to travel three hours every year.  However isn't that better than having to travel six hours every other year?

16 hours ago, Nike Man said:

I see both sides of this debate. I could easily argue it either way. Rather than doing that, how about moving it to Frankfort at the Civic Center? This could possibly fix the host team problem, it gives a central location, and it is one awesome venue to watch wrestling!! 

Can not have wrestling anymore in the Civic Center since they reconfigured the floor and put ramps in.  

I like it! But I would not know how you would get a school with no mats anywhere close to make it happen.  I live in Lewis County there is not any teams in Mason, Lewis, Fleming, Bracken, Robertson, Carter , Rowan, Bath or Nicolas County's to my knowledge. That's a Huge geographical area to haul mats to and from.

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Isn't a central location best for everyone though?  Yes that means Johnson Central and Paducah Tighlman have to travel three hours every year.  However isn't that better than having to travel six hours every other year?

No it is not good for everyone.  Schools in or near Johnson Central and Paducah Tilghman will not travel that far all the time, for financial reasons.  If every so often they get to stay home that increases the chances of starting another team.  Beginner teams don't have the money to travel.  Even after 5 or so years, (when they may have a chance to qualify) many still don't have the money to do so.  Even if they don't qualify that beginner team can now have the opportunity to go and see the other quality teams participate. 

If they travel 6 hours one year and stay at a hotel then the next they stay in their own beds they save money.

If they travel 3 hours every year and stay in hotels that is a cost every year. 

here's an idea.  what if teams that qualify coordinate to bring the mats.  they are coming anyway.  find someone with a trailer and bring the mats with you. 

Whatever works or whatever the host team or school chooses or whatever the coaches or khsaa choose that will get the sport out there .just so it gets moved around ,I know a lot of people did not like it way across the state in union but it was a good thing and of course Union deserves it I have to say with their passion and drive in the sport with what they have to work with and what they have accomplished  they are the premiere wrestling school in KY .

• Upvote 1

I know the yum center would be too large of a venue but there are several other options around louisvill such as the expo center, freedom hall or even mid america.