Sign in to follow this  
ManBearPig

Team KY at fargo

You can't say that for sure. Osa is much more athletic than austin. The bigger vough would be more like austin match up with dunn. Hard to tell. Congrats to Vough on his 2nd place finish.

Wildcat you're a joke!  Vough is no where near the height of Dunn and if that really mattered Austin would have lost to the other 6' - 260+ hwt he wrestled this week.  I can type it and I did, sorry if it hurts, but it is true. 

My bet is that Austin would beat Vough. Vough is an athletic kid for his size, however he lacks experience. He just completed his soph year. I think we are missing the mark here. Odighizuwa is incredible, on a totally different level. Austin taking third and smoking most of his opponents is no small feat. One loss, to the eventual champ who in turn pounded everybody except Austin.

I'm not saying I dont think he might be slightly more athletic but to say he is much more athletic when he could only beat Austin by 2 is a bit of a stretch and honestly when Austin is in attack mode I think he is quicker with his shot both are great wrestlers... Should have met in the finals

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE .OHIO MADE OUT WITH THE BRACKEN SWITCH TEAM OHIO PICKS UP AT LEASE 3 POINTS .

AUSTIN FOR THE SECOND YR IN A ROW WRESTLES THE SAME KID FOR THIRD IN FREE meaning he had the toughest draw by far this yr .

AS FOR VOUGH AND STIBRAL THE SEMI MATCH FROM THE OTHER SIDE THE WORST YOU CAN DO IS 2 AND SIX FROM ONE SIDE AND GUESS WHAT 2ND AND SIXTH BY TECH AND PIN .

STIBRAL loses to VOUGH 9 to 4 loses to Piehl who Austin techd x2 faster today 11 to 4 .and then by pin to Isley who lost to Austin and Osawaru by 3 or so a much better showing than VOUGH that means four guys from one side either beat VOUGH or did better against shared opponents in this tourney .As for athleticism Austin has wrestled 220 his whole HS. Career I think know his tank strength and skill makes him easily the best wrestler in This class he got robbed on the redraw VOUGH would have been lucky to not get knocked out of the tourney ai.ply look at the scores and quit listening to this goof scores do not lie .now I will explain physiology and facts a kid who wrestled 220 up until a couple months ago is at a huge disadvantage against guys who have been heavy for years or all year no doubt about it .You do not bump up to heavy that fast and adjust it's not like going from 120 to 125 lol its 220 to 285 .wildcat Austin was the toughest kid in the tourney he lost a close one after wrestling monsters all day to the #1 heavy VOUGH got techd in 1 and pinned in 18 sec don't pretend he's even on Austins level and he's a Jr now lol Austin has over a year to adjust and add even more size without a doubt he's the best 220 or heavy in the land the best recruit any college could have 220 Nhsca and flo champ and in this tourney at hvy takes 3rd and has wins in the last 4 months against the 4 5 7 and 8 placers and much better matches against any one else in either 220 or heavy no one in the country at 220 or hvy wrestled his schedule or comp .your a proven hater and your comments and logic are illogical and proven bs .3 x Fargo AA Austin Myers the best there is no doubt about it fearless strongest most athletic upper weight in the Country.

• Downvote 2

Casey Cornett had a good run at Fargo, finished 5-2 overall. Not too bad for his first shot at it and with more freestyle training he will come back full force in the next 2 yrs.

Losing out the gate then stringing 4 straight wins is very impressive. 2 more shots. i like his chances of placing in the next 2 years.

• Upvote 2

Casey Cornett had a good run at Fargo, finished 5-2 overall. Not too bad for his first shot at it and with more freestyle training he will come back full force in the next 2 yrs.

Indeed, nice showing. Cracked off four straight wins. Both losses were to AAs. I would bet on him to AA next year.

I got the chance to watch a few of Cornetts matches and he looked really good.  Got caught with some tough front head work by his last opponent but wrestled his butt off.  CONGRATS to him on a good tourney.  Like others have said his upside is awesome and if he goes again I believe he could AA.

• Upvote 2

Based on the discussion in my car on the way home I believe most of this group will be back at the fargodome next summer more prepared and ready to pack home some hardware. While a couple guys just hit studs, a lot of our losses were due primarily to lack of freestyle experience.

I agree Ranger. This group is more than capable. Man there are guys ranked high nationally that didnt place. One in particular that i know personally at 138 ranked #2 in the nation that came away with nothing. Its extremely tough. If youre not wrestling perfect, youre not placing.

I know he wanted to bring one home he was counting on working with Dom Bradley at WV to get him ready for Fargo but Dom is no longer there and Austins fresh partner at WV Bailey Faust was injured first week in summer classes so Austin had no upper weights to practice with until a couple weeks ago when the upperclassmen came back he had a few practices with their Hvy and 84 sure it helped but to bump up and wrestle that weight you need some work with guys that size for sure either way he had a great showing there and had a heck of a draw on his side and quarter went two yes straight to Fargo at free and lost only 2 matches very proud of him even more so this yr he knows he needed the work against heavies to prepare .He beat a lot of state champs and a fellow big 12 Iowa State recruit in his first match that had everyone I knew scratching their head a state champ D1 recruit 281 lbs at weigh in first match seemed a bit odd but it's Fargo everyone is tough .

• Downvote 1

Based on the discussion in my car on the way home I believe most of this group will be back at the fargodome next summer more prepared and ready to pack home some hardware. While a couple guys just hit studs, a lot of our losses were due primarily to lack of freestyle experience.

+1

AUSTINS SEMIS MATCH HE GOT HIT WITH A PASSIVE CALL HAD 30 SEC TO SCORE TOOK A SHOT Osawaru re shot off of it and scored ,different rules in freestyle than folk a big opponent who can keep you away and back and his hard to reach you have to watch if you take a bad shot they have reach advantage .A folkstyle match has different rules and up and down starts as well as in college riding time they all have different scenarios that could help or hurt certain types of wrestlers no excuses at all I was just told how he got scored on later Osawaru gets hit does not shoot and Austin gets 1 .same scenario different score because a kid is leading so giving up 1 doesn't matter .

I'm sure Austin will do File Jr's next yr it should be good ,good luck to everyone this yr and next KY and at Fargo .

Bryce had a finalist 2nd rd .

Ranger, so glad to hear that we have a great group of KY wrestlers that are going to make the trip back next year to compete. I love the direction our state is headed.

AUSTINS SEMIS MATCH HE GOT HIT WITH A PASSIVE CALL HAD 30 SEC TO SCORE TOOK A SHOT Osawaru re shot off of it and scored ,different rules in freestyle than folk a big opponent who can keep you away and back and his hard to reach you have to watch if you take a bad shot they have reach advantage .A folkstyle match has different rules and up and down starts as well as in college riding time they all have different scenarios that could help or hurt certain types of wrestlers no excuses at all I was just told how he got scored on later Osawaru gets hit does not shoot and Austin gets 1 .same scenario different score because a kid is leading so giving up 1 doesn't matter .

I'm sure Austin will do File Jr's next yr it should be good ,good luck to everyone this yr and next KY and at Fargo .

Not a big fan of that passivity/30 second clock. I would much rather see something very similar to folkstyle stalling. 

Not a big fan of that passivity/30 second clock. I would much rather see something very similar to folkstyle stalling.

I would like to see an option of choosing par terre added. Give the guy a point and a chance to go to work on top is a little more of a penalty.

I would like to see an option of choosing par terre added. Give the guy a point and a chance to go to work on top is a little more of a penalty.

Now, that sounds like a good idea!

Well after watching the match the passivity call on Austin was a bit of BS he held his ground and then some he is in the center advancing out Osawaru backing up when he gets hit .He wrestled the way he is supposed to and the only way you can against a bigger faster opponent he kept good position and looked for an opportunity to score without giving up more ground than he took .He simply got out of position during the 30 sec passivity time .

• Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this