Sign in to follow this  
anonomowrestling11

top 15 Best Louisville wrestlers P4P?

Champs- Jorge Vega, Keegan Duncan, Ben Barton, Tyler Frankrone, Kohl Dodd,

Runner Ups- Zane Brown, Bobby Poynter, AJ Bindner, Nathan Haddad, Mikey Smith, Brandon Reed

4th place: Bryce Hoffman

5th place: Michael beets, Connor Cambron, Nathan Thompson, Hudson Heidorf

That's the 16 top placers in Louisville

Fern Creek: 5 (two champs, one runner up, one 4th, one 5th)

Trinity: 4 (three champs, one 5th)

Moore: 2 (two runner ups)

St. X: 2 (one runner up, one 5th)

Male: 1 runner up

Iroquois: 1 runner up

Valley: 1 fifth place

And now to answer the question fully. My honest top 15 P4P would be:

1. Frankrone

2. Barton

3. Vega

4. Duncan

5. Dodd

6. Brown (its so hard for me to not have him ranked over a state champ, particularly Vega)

7. Smith

8. Bindner

9. Haddad

10. Reed

11. Poynter

12. Hoffman

13. Heidorf (again, so difficult not to have him ranked above some others)

14. Beets

15. Cambron

Thompson is the one that doesnt make the top 15 for me.

Off topic but a question about a Louisville kid is it a sure thing Zane goes to Male for High School ?

Off topic but a question about a Louisville kid is it a sure thing Zane goes to Male for High School ?

Yes.

Oh gosh I forgot all about Hayden! DuPont Manual slipped my mind completely. He would have to be 11th overall, bumping everyone down a spot, knocking Cambron out of the top 15 (in my opinion)

Oh gosh I forgot all about Hayden! DuPont Manual slipped my mind completely. He would have to be 11th overall, bumping everyone down a spot, knocking Cambron out of the top 15 (in my opinion)

how would the list look if you took the seniors off

Without seniors:

Champs: 1. Keegan Duncan, 2. Ben Barton, 3. Tyler Frankrone

Runner Up: 4. Zane Brown, 5. AJ Bindner, 6. Brandon Reed

3rd Place: 7. Hayden Vinegar

4th Place: Nobody

5th Place: 8. Connor Cambron, 9. Hudson Heidorf

6th Place: 10. Mikey Klein, 11. Austin Cook, 12. Dallas Miles

7th Place: 13. Garrett Chandler

8th Place: Nobody

Blood Round: 14. Konner Kraezig, 15. Aaron Duncan, 16. Bilal Mamedov,

Top 16 Returning Louisville Wrestlers:

1. Frankrone

2. Barton

3. Duncan

4. Brown

5. Bindner

6. Reed

7. Vinegar

8. Heidorf

9. Cambron

10. Miles

11. Klein

12. Cook

13. Chandler

14. Kraeszig

15. Duncan

16. Mamedov

And now to answer the question fully. My honest top 15 P4P would be:

1. Frankrone

2. Barton

3. Vega

4. Duncan

5. Dodd

6. Brown (its so hard for me to not have him ranked over a state champ, particularly Vega)

7. Smith

8. Bindner

9. Haddad

10. Reed

11. Poynter

12. Hoffman

13. Heidorf (again, so difficult not to have him ranked above some others)

14. Beets

15. Cambron

Thompson is the one that doesnt make the top 15 for me.

Is this just guys who wrestled in State?  If not, I would add Lampe.

• Upvote 1

Is this just guys who wrestled in State?  If not, I would add Lampe.

Yeah. Obviously Dom would be on there. Probably #2 behind Frankrone. But I just picked out Louisville kids and how they placed at state this year. 

Don't you guys have to consider the OC schools in this? Half those Trinity kids live in Oldham anyway.

Also, it's too easy to just list previous state placement. Make it interesting. Just because Wrestler A took 3rd doesn't make him better than Wrestler B who took 8th at a different weight class. Some kids overachieved and won't match that next year while others underachieved and are working extra hard because they have something to prove.

• Upvote 1

Don't you guys have to consider the OC schools in this? Half those Trinity kids live in Oldham anyway.

Also, it's too easy to just list previous state placement. Make it interesting. Just because Wrestler A took 3rd doesn't make him better than Wrestler B who took 8th at a different weight class. Some kids overachieved and won't match that next year while others underachieved and are working extra hard because they have something to prove.

To answer both of your questions:

1. I thought about this, but was just keeping to specific Louisville schools. If you're going to include Oldham county schools then you may as well include Hardin county schools as well. And the Trinity kids living in Oldham Co. is something that I thought about also lol. But AJ Bindner also wrestled for NO. Alot of them did.

2. Again, I've also said that. Respect to all wrestlers but you cant honestly tell me that Brandon Reed is a better wrestler than Hudson Heidorf. But the rankings did themselves at state.

Go ahead and make your own rankings lol I'd like to see them.

You do have to give credit to reed though,he is only a second year wrestler unlike many others on the list. He's earned his spot in the rankings, no doubt. But honestly yes heidorf is a better P4P wrestler. It just shows you what kind of sport this is though. He probably worked his butt of this off season and earned his spot in the finals this year. I cant wait to see reed as a senior.

I don't know enough about everyone to make a list. I do know that Zane Brown has made more progress in the last 2-3 years than anyone at any level has. Most kids plateau, at least for a while in high school. It will be fun to see if he can keep improving.

I think many of the Oldham County kids are poised to take the next step. It seems they tend to underperform a bit. (No insult intended, just stating the obvious.). Had they had Shirkey this past year they may have pushed for the title.

The Trinity junior class is so tough. They obviously push each other. I'd say KD, HH, BB, and TF could all be top 10.

And it's nice to see the state title stay in Louisville.

It wasn't long ago when many of our northern Ky friends were thinking they had a huge advantage. I think the ETC club could put Louisville wrestling on par with Cincy very quickly.

I consider Oldham part of Louisville simply because most of us in OC do everything there anyway.

Yes.

Are you sure Trinity won't have something to say about that?

Sign in to follow this