Sign in to follow this  
tja

7th graders placing at State

I remember watching Mark Hall in the finals that year. Where is he going to wrestle in college? Anyone know?

I would assume Michigan and Minnesota are heavy favorites to land him

I would assume Michigan and Minnesota are heavy favorites to land him

Minnesota and Oklahoma State were the favorites last I heard anything about it. I thought Iowa for awhile but I have heard they aren't even in consideration

L. Merritt placed 3rd his Freshman year.  Lost to David Ketchem 10-9 in the 1st round (Merritt placed 2nd at Wky region).  He wrestled Ketchem in the conso semi's and won 22-9 then won 13-9 against Junior Brown from Union (placed 1st in Wky region)

David Ritchie placed 3rd both his 8th and 9th grade year at 98lbs. (1982-1983) Caldwell had Brian McNelly qualify at 98 in 1981.

Is this any relation to Seth Ritchie? A very good freshman this year for Atherton?

L. Merritt placed 3rd his Freshman year. Lost to David Ketchem 10-9 in the 1st round (Merritt placed 2nd at Wky region). He wrestled Ketchem in the conso semi's and won 22-9 then won 13-9 against Junior Brown from Union (placed 1st in Wky region)

David Ritchie placed 3rd both his 8th and 9th grade year at 98lbs. (1982-1983) Caldwell had Brian McNelly qualify at 98 in 1981.

Josh Johnson (john hardin) didn't place as a 7th grader, but took 2nd his 8th grade year, 3rd as a freshman, 1st his sophomore year, 3rd junior year and 1st his senior year. 5 time state placer Is a great accomplishment.

Josh Johnson (john hardin) didn't place as a 7th grader, but took 2nd his 8th grade year, 3rd as a freshman, 1st his sophomore year, 3rd junior year and 1st his senior year. 5 time state placer Is a great accomplishment.

Josh placed 2nd in the 8th at NH, and would have been a team state champ at NH if he had stayed as a freshman taking 3rd at state. Just a memory now! 5x and team champ!!! better. lol

I remember watching Mark Hall in the finals that year.  Where is he going to wrestle in college?  Anyone know?

My heart wants him to end up at either Penn State, or Ohio State. PSU because he's the perfect size to benefit from Cael Sanderson's style, and tOSU because I'd love to be able to drive up on a whim and watch him. My brain, however, tells me he'll be a Gopher or a Cowboy. No matter where he decides to go, I'm excited to see him develop.

My heart wants him to end up at either Penn State, or Ohio State. PSU because he's the perfect size to benefit from Cael Sanderson's style, and tOSU because I'd love to be able to drive up on a whim and watch him. My brain, however, tells me he'll be a Gopher or a Cowboy. No matter where he decides to go, I'm excited to see him develop.

I have heard ASU is in the hunt.

regardless of your view on transfers etc it's kinda cool Mark Hall, Kyle Lawson, Nathan Boston and David Carr all passed thru KY in their careers.  I see all 4 of those guys being NCAA All Americans at some point.

Sign in to follow this