Sign in to follow this  
NO-OX 1

Caleb Austin Kansas 138 finalists

Caleb Austin is in the 138 Championship finals in Kansas today. Good luck to Caleb. Just imagine,Caleb back in our 138 pound weight class. Could have been a major game changer for that weight.

There are several others at 138 from Kentucky who would be a major game changer in Kansas - especially with multiple divisions.  Kentucky wrestling isn't as deep with talent as other states, but the top guys can compete anywhere.

tja,

i was at the meet yesterday. caleb's match was by far the best one of the whole weekend. i don't know enough about wrestling to say he lost due to bad officiating.  i CAN say that him abruptly  stepping off the podium, refusing to put his medal on and flipping off the crowd was fairly disrespectful. but regardless, it looked like caleb and brandon left it all out there and i've been looking EVERYWHERE to try and find a video of the match. so if you have the ability to post it later i would be extremely grateful! 

by the way, one of our (kansas) papers mentioned that loss ended his undefeated career. were they just referring to his Kansas career, or was he undefeated in Kentucky too?

State placer those three yr. 6th, 2nd, 4th in Ky..  Still not going to help with any colleges scouting how he acted on podium.  Darn shame for that to be the last thing people talk about after your last H.S. match

from the videos i have watched, the right call was made. I would not have called it differently myself. Calieb did not have control with Ball back exposed for enough time to receive a two count. 

Sign in to follow this