Sign in to follow this  
bowlbear1

Will Youth State date be canged also with high school being changed?

KSWA official announcement for immediate release:

The 2015 Youth State Tournament being held on Sunday February 22, 2015 at the horse park, Alltech Arena is still on as according to previous schedules.  Upon conversations with the Horse Park, it is deemed best by both parties to have the event as originally scheduled.  Should a team have participate changes due to weather, please contact Matt Lee directly ASAP to make those changes.  

Regards

KSWA 

• Upvote 1

How can anyone say that the safety of our wrestlers is the most important when the youth tournament is going as scheduled.  Is there safety not important.   This appears to be a political issue and not a safety issue.

How can anyone say that the safety of our wrestlers is the most important when the youth tournament is going as scheduled.  Is there safety not important.   This appears to be a political issue and not a safety issue.

Some of The High School teams were set to travel tomorrow.  The youth teams will not have to travel till Saturday.  This will give the state plenty of time to make sure everyone will have safe travels.  Safety is MOST IMPORTANT!

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Some of The High School teams were set to travel tomorrow.  The youth teams will not have to travel till Saturday.  This will give the state plenty of time to make sure everyone will have safe travels.  Safety is MOST IMPORTANT!

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!!!! 

Sunday is more than enough time to be safe....Lets Wrestle!!!

JDamron,

I understand your position, but do you think we would consider moving forward with the tournament if we felt like it would be "unsafe"?  The reality is, the KHSAA decision was entirely different than ours.  If they had a 1 day tournament on Sunday, I suspect they would certainly have it.

With that stated, safe travels to all the families making the trip on Saturday/Sunday.  It is shaping up to be an outstanding tournament.

• Upvote 1

Well, the landscape here in Eastern Kentucky is much different from that in Central/Northern Kentucky. We have kids who have worked hard all year who cannot get out of their driveways. To say travel for them would be unsafe would be an understatement, not only would travel be unsafe,but in many cases,impossible. We have only been able to practice one day this week. Even our schools are in hills here in Eastern Kentucky. We will have wrestlers make the trip but we will have many miss out.

I know this is just a bad situation all around just hate done of my kids will be missing out. Some of these kids live in hollows (hollers) where this snow will be around long after everyone else is traveling freely.

I tell you what, I'll be there Sunday and I'll have some of my parents send a real time photo of their driveway so you can see what I'm talking about.

Well, the landscape here in Eastern Kentucky is much different from that in Central/Northern Kentucky. We have kids who have worked hard all year who cannot get out of their driveways. To say travel for them would be unsafe would be an understatement, not only would travel be unsafe,but in many cases,impossible. We have only been able to practice one day this week. Even our schools are in hills here in Eastern Kentucky. We will have wrestlers make the trip but we will have many miss out.

im in south eastern Ky and we will be good to go Sunday.

Thats one day more of practice than our youth team this week, and were in NKY, just saying. 

• Upvote 1

Run your kids through those snowy mountains like Rocky in Rocky IV. If you leave now, you should make it by Sunday.

Real classy. This isn't a matter of shoveling a driveway. I will be there and I understand it would be hard to reschedule this event. Just hate hat kids who have worked so hard won't be able to make it. I'll be there so it doesn't effect me at all, just hate it for some of our kids.

Real classy. This isn't a matter of shoveling a driveway. I will be there and I understand it would be hard to reschedule this event. Just hate hat kids who have worked so hard won't be able to make it. I'll be there so it doesn't effect me at all, just hate it for some of our kids.

If some of my kids are stuck, I will make sure they get out and attend! Lead from the front!!

If some of my kids are stuck, I will make sure they get out and attend! Lead from the front!!

I tell you what, you can come help me out since your truck will go places other trucks won't!! I live in town so it's not a big issue for me.

That was clearly meant to be a joke....

As I mentioned, it would be a shame for anyone to miss the State Tournament for any reason.  It is a great event. 

If Balboa can make it up Everest in a two-minute, training montage, I'd like to think our friends from Eastern KY can make it to Lexington in 4 days.  Throwing in the towel on Wednesday seems premature, don't you think?

• Upvote 1