Sign in to follow this  
B10grapple

Championship Predictions for each class

Last year someone started a thread/contest for this topic so I thought I'd start it again now that the brackets are out.  The winner gets bragging rights...and basically nothing else but I'll give it a shot:

106 - Saul Ervin  (Union County) *The string of Ervins continues

113 - Jorge Vega  (Fern Creek)

120 - Bryce Sheffer  (Union County)

126 - Bobby Poynter (Moore)

132 - Keegan Duncan (Trinity) *can't wait for a Bindner/Duncan final!!!

138 - Vasquez (Lafayette).  *My gut says Spahr but the draw isn't the best for him.

145 - Tony Ashford (Scott High)

152 - Ben Barton (Trinity)

160 - Nathan Haddad (St. X)

170 - Lampe/Green winner...oh wait nevermind.  I will go with Alex McIntosh (Oldham Co.)

182 - Tyler Frankrone (Trinity)

195 - Elijah Miller (Simon Kenton)

220 - Austin Myers (Campbell County)

285 - Survivor of the bottom half of the bracket.  I still think it's Brandon Johnson.

OK I'll bite

Top choices

1.  Myers Camp 220

2.  Barton Trin 152

3.  Frankrone Trin 182

4.  Duncan Trin 132

5.  Ervin Union 106

6.  Sheffer Union 120

7.  Erdman Ryle 126

8.  Meiman Ryle 160

9.  McIntosh Old 170

10. Miller Sk 195

11. Vasques Laf 138

12. Ashford Scott 145

13. Young Laf Hwt

14.  Moore WV 113 (My upset pick) Repeat of Region 6 finals with Wells CC.

MVW Should be Myers 220

Top choices

1. ATM CC 220

2. Frankrone Tri 182

3. Ervin UC 106

4. Barton Tri 152

5. Meiman Ryle 160

6. Duncan Tri 132

7. Sheffer UC 120

8. Erdman Ryle 126

9. Miller SK 195

10. Young Laf HWT

11. Vega FC 113

12. Heidorf Tri 145

13. Woolf Ryle 170

14. Johnson JH 138

1. Myers-220

2. Ervin-106

3. Duncan-132

4. Frankrone-182

5. Scheffer-120

6. Erdman-126

7. Heidorf-145

8. Barton-152

9. Young-HVY'

10. Meiman-160

11. Woolf-170

12. Moore-113

13. Miller-195

14. Johnson-138

106- Saul Ervin over Adam Bender

113-Tucker Hurst over Jorge Vega

120-Bryce Sheffer over Zane Brown

126-Logan Erdman over Bobby Poynter

132-Keegan Duncan over AJ Bindner

138-Angel Vazquez over Bryan Spahr

145-Hudson Heidorf over Tony Ashford

152-Ben Barton over Jon Belk

160-Johnny Meiman over Nathan Haddad

170-Alex McIntosh over Eli Sowder

182-Tyler Frankrone over Elisiah Matthews

195-Elijah Miller over Kohl Dodd

220-Austin Myers over Zach Farris 

285-Brandon Johnson over Luke Shaffer (heard Landon Young is out with injury, though not confirmed. He's my #1 if healthy)

Landon wrestled regionals, and the schools haven't been in session since so I don't know where that rumor would come from.  He was not hurt or really even tested at regionals...

You can't objectively call ANYONE a lock at 138 in my honest opinion.  I have only seen Johnson once and he is a great wrestler.  He has some great wins, but objectively he has losses at 138 to Spahr, BJ Miller, Derek Miller, and Vasquez, as well.  Hardly a 'lock'.  Spahr lost one early to Vasquez.  Vasquez has split with Johnson.  Honestly I think Johnson got a tough draw even for round 1 when you look at Pike's record since dropping to 138.  I wouldn't even call round 1 for him a lock.  If 138 isn't the deepest weight it has to be close.  I think Johnson/Vasquez/Spahr are the favorites for sure but would I be shocked to see none of them standing on top...no.

Speaking on138. Vasquez/sphar/Johnson being favorites I agree but that list should also have BJ Miller on it. He has beat johnson and more impressively anyone that can say they gave Derek Miller 4 of his 5 losses is saying a lot. Very hard to beat the caliber wrestler Derek is 4 times in a row. The potential 2nd rd match up between BJ vs Vasquez will be very interesting.

Don't forget Emerson. He has a ton of experience on the big stage and is extremely dangerous. I know he's had issues with consistency but he has a way of showing up for big matches. Think D. Miller has a descent shot as well. 138 is wide open.

Don't forget Emerson. He has a ton of experience on the big stage and is extremely dangerous. I know he's had issues with consistency but he has a way of showing up for big matches. Think D. Miller has a descent shot as well. 138 is wide open.

Completely agree...thus the statement I don't think anybody is a lock at 138.  Thought Sanders might give Spahr a run for his money but not now obviously...just horrible.

Since dropping to 138 pike has lost in state too: Adam Rivera of Moore by 2 points I belive.. Derek miller by 4 points the first time.. Then he didn't perform as we'll he sordve had a bad day at regionals it happens and lost to derek miller again and dalton putty by 4..

I also don't think there are many locks this season at weights than last with losses of Greats but the ones you have mentioned are preety solid. Frankrone has had some close matches this year but I was very impressed with his match with Lampe. I think Heidorf is a heavy favorite as we'll though I've heard good things bout tony ashford from Scott any opinions on this match?

106- Saul Ervin vs. Adam Bender (Ervin has great set ups which lead to solid takedowns)

113-Tucker Hurst vs. Jorge Vega (As long as he doesn't gas Vega is faster than Hurst)

120-Bryce Sheffer vs. Zane Brown ( Brown is good, Sheffer is great)

126-Logan Erdman vs. Bobby Poynter (Triple OT last year in the semis, similar match same result)

132-Keegan Duncan vs. AJ Bindner (No one remembers the other matches just the one that counts at the end)

138-Angel Vazquez vs. Brady Emerson ( Gets his movement and takedowns going and wins a high scoring match)

145-Hudson Heidorf vs. Leland Phelps ( Rematch of regional final, Heidorg to much for Phelps)

152-Ben Barton vs. Jon Belk ( Little bit of an upset here)

160- Max Emerson vs.Nathan Haddad (Hits a big move and gets the fall down a few points)

170-Alex McIntosh vs. Sam Griffith (Takes advantage of the opportunity it a wide open weight)

182-Tyler Frankrone vs. Mikey Smith (Smith wins the last match of their rivalry, triple overtime)

195-Elijah Miller vs. Kohl Dodd (Dodd with easier path to the finals but luck runs out there)

220-Austin Myers vs. Ahmad Hamedian (Good luck in college ATM)

285-Landon Young vs. Luke Shaffer Big guys, impossible to predict)

Most exciting finals matches

113- Two past state champs wrestling each other

126- Rematch of a great semifinal last year, haven't seen each other since

132- Have you seen the other times they have wrestled this year?

138- Deep weight the top two will have earned their spot in the final

182- Great rivalry over the past two years. Both have some battles of their way to the finals but hope its them in the end

One of your finals prediction can't happen!  HWT Young and Brown are on the same side will meet in semis (i don't think they will Brandon Johnson from Dixie beats Brown in Qrts to meet Young in the semis).

Sign in to follow this