Sign in to follow this  
TECHnWIN

138.. stab in the dark

Look i knew before this post Aj was not going 138 i was just having a little fun with it.If you go to another post someone said poynter went up to 132 for the competition but just going up doesn't always mean its tougher,sometimes going down you catch better company.Yes everyone take a chill pill it was for fun,but here is some facts for if your wandering if he could have handled the weight jump like depperschmit was talking about, funny thing while he was making a case for spahr to be number 1 he didn't seem to think aj could handle the weight jump,but aj beat Spahr this past summer and also beat torgenson(who is doing pretty well at 145)so that could answer that question.Am i saying aj would win 138? NO.But I am saying they would definitely know he was there.Had he known then what he knows now he may have been at 138.138 would be a more difficult path to the finals but if he did make the finals i can guarantee you it wouldn't be as tough as Duncan.So no Ajs not changing schools,head bands,hair color and maybe not even his underwear.Just having something to joke about so relax and talk about the kids that are at 138.

I sure like what I'm seeing. One of the biggest knocks on Ky wrestling was that our top teir wrestlers could compete with anyone but after the top 1 or 2 there was a sharp dropoff. Want to see interest in the sport grow? look no further than 113 and 138

Who wants to see a 1 horse race?

Your looking at a glass half empty rather than full ,the kids who were and do get noticed for being top tier or well ahead in classes ALL did well against out of state Comp ,Fahy ,Brock ,Cooper ,and Fausz usually did very well outside of KY and could battle the best from other states and could get noticed or place in National tournaments,

SAYING THE COMP IS TIGHTER DOES NOT CHANGE THE WAY KY is now looked at ,People outside the ones who are doing the knocking will simply say KY has lost its studs .

If your horses can run with other states horses or can all run at the speed of your own states former champs its a good thing ,if not all your doing is watching a close race between a bunch of nags ,Dont fool yourself And im sure the results at nat duals do and will show it ,The Crop in KY is not what it was a couple yrs back a few yrs back or what it was last yr .

Dont take my post as negative its just a fact and a notice to the few young kids out there who are knocking on the door of being those 1 horse show kind of kids ,step it up and do not set your standards by those around you ,I saw one kid this weekend worthy and Hungry intense and doing and saying what I think a champ would do to get better ,and im not talking about ATM ,When a young kid with one leg shows up and puts fear in a room you have to be impressed .

And its the 1 horse show kids who set the standard and give inspiration to every kid out there because they are what everyone wants to be DOMINANT.

Like I said. want to see intrest GROW?  before you can increase the numbers of kids doing things out of state you have to increase the numbers don't you? look at the shear numbers of kids wrestling in ohio, pa Ny.etc. with higher numbers come more standouts.

I am thinking of the future of ky high school wrestling which unfotunatally means after ATM. who leads the way then?

I actually think that a team like Graham hurts the overall strength of ohio over time because all the best want to go there many of the second or third best in the state are sitting on the bench at Graham. when the power is all in one place intrest will fade. It's the close competition that will spark intrest. trust me there will be more posts about 113 and 138 this year than 220.

Like I said. want to see intrest GROW?  before you can increase the numbers of kids doing things out of state you have to increase the numbers don't you? look at the shear numbers of kids wrestling in ohio, pa Ny.etc. with higher numbers come more standouts.

I am thinking of the future of ky high school wrestling which unfotunatally means after ATM. who leads the way then?

I actually think that a team like Graham hurts the overall strength of ohio over time because all the best want to go there many of the second or third best in the state are sitting on the bench at Graham. when the power is all in one place intrest will fade. It's the close competition that will spark intrest. trust me there will be more posts about 113 and 138 this year than 220.

113 is a one horse race. Its secretariat vs the rest. Will be no talk about this weight or 220 or 120. There all dominated by 1 wrestler. Mark it down 113 will be won soundly bonus points throughout by Vega

113 is a one horse race. Its secretariat vs the rest. Will be no talk about this weight or 220 or 120. There all dominated by 1 wrestler. Mark it down 113 will be won soundly bonus points throughout by Vega

Vega just wrestled a 6-3 match over the weekend and has had close matches all year long what makes you so sure he is all of a sudden untouchable?

nice confidence is important.

ok well now we have a lot to discuss, Graham does not always rule the roost in Ohio I came from there and they are often behind ST Eds,and theres no way they hurt ohio they create a lot of champs in ohio even from other schools whos kids train there ,im seriously doubting your wrestling know how,

and im very sorry and not to fall into your trap ,you said the field closing in on each other is good and more people will talk about 113 than 220 ,seriously before now duiring and after state is over people will be talking about a 220 from KY and that is far far better for the state than whatever it is you are implying is going on at 113 or anywhere else ,TRUST ME THERE IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN MORE POSTS ABOUT 113 or 138 and there will not be ,what you see as a 220 not being discussed because its a battle for second most of the state sees as a topic of discussion and pride in having a national champ or finalist a 4 x champ a Fargo AA and hopeful and soon to be announced Dapper Dan participant who will represent KY as its 220 and Champ ,so talk on about 113 and 138 and claim they are better ,while your at it keep up the stance that not having nat level champs dominate a field is good ,thats ignorance ,every state has standouts PA and Ohio included and they do not hurt their states they help them ,Like Taylor from Ohio or Guilibon from Pa ,it gives kids goals .Next time you go to a youth or jr high practice let me know how many kids in there tell you its their goal to be in a tight race with a bunch of kids in their class in HS states and then ask them who they know and want to be like ,

nice confidence is important.

ok well now we have a lot to discuss, Graham does not always rule the roost in Ohio I came from there and they are often behind ST Eds,and theres no way they hurt ohio they create a lot of champs in ohio even from other schools whos kids train there ,im seriously doubting your wrestling know how,

and im very sorry and not to fall into your trap ,you said the field closing in on each other is good and more people will talk about 113 than 220 ,seriously before now duiring and after state is over people will be talking about a 220 from KY and that is far far better for the state than whatever it is you are implying is going on at 113 or anywhere else ,TRUST ME THERE IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN MORE POSTS ABOUT 113 or 138 and there will not be ,what you see as a 220 not being discussed because its a battle for second most of the state sees as a topic of discussion and pride in having a national champ or finalist a 4 x champ a Fargo AA and hopeful and soon to be announced Dapper Dan participant who will represent KY as its 220 and Champ ,so talk on about 113 and 138 and claim they are better ,while your at it keep up the stance that not having nat level champs dominate a field is good ,thats ignorance ,every state has standouts PA and Ohio included and they do not hurt their states they help them ,Like Taylor from Ohio or Guilibon from Pa ,it gives kids goals .Next time you go to a youth or jr high practice let me know how many kids in there tell you its their goal to be in a tight race with a bunch of kids in their class in HS states and then ask them who they know and want to be like ,

Austins a stud, but even nationally the competition at the upper weights are not the same as the smaller guys.

You are right at Fargo its much tougher ,I hear that speech all the time usually from people who have no kids at the national level or do not notice that the top p4p wrestler in the country last yr was a 220 or that the num 2 at 220 ATM has beaten the num 1 at hvy and has a better record ,A 220 wins two ows at cen reg last yr and the 220 class at fargo was loaded with now D1 wrestlers and had a 5 x nat champ in it that DNP ,You obviously do not have a real knowledge of what goes on nationally ,And the 220 class in ky may appear weaker because it is dominated ,If it was close people would say it was tougher

Why dont you explain your statement like I do my opposition to it.

Are you saying to me it is harder to win super 32 at for say 220 then say 132 or 126? When there are over twice as many more kids at those lower weights

?

I think what he meant by there will be no talk about 113 120 and 220 is the fact that 120 and 220 have dominate wrestlers basically stating a fact that no one is beating Austin I don't think he meant anything negative

Vega just wrestled a 6-3 match over the weekend and has had close matches all year long what makes you so sure he is all of a sudden untouchable?

That 6-3 match was against Trinity kid. Cook then beat him in Conso finals 12-4. Hurst has pinned him.  lol

Crazyhorse,

In your opinion what is the best win ATM has against KY wrestlers?? Just curious.

So let's see he could have to go through cook,Hurst and Wells to see Moore in the finals. If Vega beat Moore by 2 That may be a problem. Cause that freshman has been building steam.

So since this topic is about the 138 lb weight class, I'm guessing Vega will win it hands down? Oh wait, I'm just one of the "geniuses that cant figure out how to make the betterment for wrestling youth." Carry on off topic as usual.

Sign in to follow this