Ranger123

KSWA State seeding meeting

With your lack of patience and understanding that people may have other things going on, I might wait at least another day to post it.

Take a breath and relax.

Come on now. I think everyone appreciates those who volunteer their time. It's a thankless task. However, there's no need to smart off to people just asking for seeds is there?

Wrestling fan you now have a full 10 days to study not just the seeds but the full bracket and figure out that foolproof strategy for the state tournament.

See above.

Maybe I'm misreading the tone. Maybe there is an inside joke. Maybe you have a close friendship with Wrestlingfan and this is a joke.

If not, you're really kind of arrogant.

Let me be one of the first to say thank you for putting this together in less than 2 days. I'd like to see people like "wrestling fan" step up and help us make this a better state for wrestling. Run for office and do their part instead of criticizing the people that do it for free in their limited free time. It's a thankless job with the only reward being the love of this sport and the satisfaction of coaching or watching our kids compete locally or nationally and how far they've came. It's not about the "wrestling fan" first, it's about the wrestlers first. Thanks Ranger and Brave for getting it right!!

All the guy asked for were the seeds to be posted.

Just post them, how hard is it to do? Same tune, different year.

TReynolds wrestling fan wasn't just asking nicely to see the seeds. He was being rude and unappreciative which is probably why Ranger responded the way he did.

Exactly, see previous posts/response with iwin. Wrestling fan starting complaining less than 24 hrs after the seed meeting was completed. For those interested here is how I "wasted" that time:

Sunday 10 pm - seed meeting is complete

Shortly after I went to bed because

4:30 am - I woke up to take my kid to religion class then school

9:00 am - in an offsite work meeting (you know the job that I actually get paid to do)

4:30 pm - leave meeting and drive home to pick up my younger son to take him to practice

6:00 pm - practice for 2.5 hrs

9:30 pm - get home from practice and eat dinner

Would have been nice to spend a little time with my wife and daughters as well but that didn't really get to happen.

Maybe you guys are better and more efficient than me and could have completed all this and dealt with posting seeds AND getting the tournament actually entered in track so the actual brackets could be published. Posting seeds just wasn't on my priority list. As I said before, anyone ready to show us how it is done just needs to step up and volunteer for a board position and wow us.

You really shouldn't eat dinner so late. It's not healthy for you.

Exactly! No way around it. We go straight from football practice 6-8 all fall to wrestling practice 6-8:30 all winter. Can't get home before 9 so it is what it is.

I've got no dog in the fight. I'm just saying the guy didn't deserve to be ridiculed for asking.[/

Just curious, does wrestlingfan have a wrestler in a MS program? If so, I'm sure he's one of the 50 coaches on the phone call last night with us that recieved the information for his wrestler. That's the person he should be asking for the seeding. No where does it say that Ranger owes us an update on wrestling forum. He does it and the rankings because he wants to add value to our state MS program. So he doesn't owe anyone anything. So let's move on and talk about what's important, the tournament and the great kids in Kentucky Wrestling!! Good luck to all the wrestlers that qualified this year!

I've got no dog in the fight. I'm just saying the guy didn't deserve to be ridiculed for asking.

Let's try this again.

No problem with asking. Iwin asked and received a simple friendly answer. Wrestling fan asked and got snotty when they were not posted immediately, thus received a less than friendly response.

That's me. Take it or leave it. Ask anyone who knows me well. I get along with many many people. Treat me the way you want to be treated.

...and for all of that, I can't imagine why Ranger wouldn't want his run as the KSWA President to continue.  Glad he is part of our team for many years to come.