Sign in to follow this  
derbycitysnotslinger

Best Wrestling Rooms

roqouis has a ok jym but need new mats despretly, but thats about the only conflict with that, i like seneca's wrestling room and i think there scale is weird :|

that was like the worst sentence ever written

I have always been stunned by the size of most wrestling rooms are in Jefferson County.  Senecas' room is no bigger than my bedroom,  Centrals' is about the same with several poles in the middle. I can't figure out how you could get more than 15 guys in most of the rooms around the County.  To my knowledge, Moore may be the only public school with an acceptable practice facility.  Even in Tennessee where I wrestled, most rooms where two full mats big, a room that could only hold one mat is considered small.  I'm not trying to knock anyones room, I'm just saying that it's sad that wrestling is such a low priority when it comes to the athletic budgets.

Doss has a huge wrestling practice area.  It's about the size of 1/2 of a basketball court.  Wait a second, it is 1/2 of a basketball court.  We don't have a wrestling room.  We practice in the auxillary gym (Not the main gym or the small gym).  We share it with the cheerleading and dance team.  They get 1/2 and we get 1/2. :x  Anyway, on most Friday's after practice, we have to roll up the mats because a daycare or some other type of elementary school organization has to use the gym.  Now, try to keep the wrestlers' attention with you know what on the other side of the gym screaming, "Give me a D...".

I have always been stunned by the size of most wrestling rooms are in Jefferson County.  Senecas' room is no bigger than my bedroom,  Centrals' is about the same with several poles in the middle. I can't figure out how you could get more than 15 guys in most of the rooms around the County.  To my knowledge, Moore may be the only public school with an acceptable practice facility.  Even in Tennessee where I wrestled, most rooms where two full mats big, a room that could only hold one mat is considered small.  I'm not trying to knock anyones room, I'm just saying that it's sad that wrestling is such a low priority when it comes to the athletic budgets.

I agree, its surprising there arent more injuries due to the small sizes of the rooms. The Jeff Co schools are in bad need of repair too! I think Floyd Central has a nice wrestling set up, they have a room caged and then plenty of room to lay out more mats if needed.

Union was in Doss' position 3 years ago until they were granted their own wrestling room. Every day after practice we had to roll up the mats and put them in the corner because the PE classes were in the gym the team practiced in. Their new room is in the vocational school. It holds 2 mats a locker room, storage room, and coaches office.. Their walls are surrounded by pads and they have like 10 pull up bars as well as workout machines for the injured. The sound system is similar to Moore's wrestling room.

Letcher County has a wrestling gym.  It is an old basketball gym that is totally a wrestling gym now.  It has 4 locker rooms, a weight room, 2 study table rooms and a laundry room.  The mats stay down year round. 

Union was in Doss' position 3 years ago until they were granted their own wrestling room. Every day after practice we had to roll up the mats and put them in the corner because the PE classes were in the gym the team practiced in. Their new room is in the vocational school. It holds 2 mats a locker room, storage room, and coaches office.. Their walls are surrounded by pads and they have like 10 pull up bars as well as workout machines for the injured. The sound system is similar to Moore's wrestling room.

Winning a state championship just doesnt seem to be justified by sharing a gym does it?

wait till you see southerns NEW wrestling room,Locker(bathroom/5 showers) and coach's room

LOL... we do have like our own wing of the school. It sounds like "duh, 5 showers isnt that many", but its not how many we have, its the fact that the shower facilitie looks like it was set up for a king and trust me, noone has complained. All delta shower heads, its like getting a massage after practice.

LOL... we do have like our own wing of the school. It sounds like "duh, 5 showers isnt that many", but its not how many we have, its the fact that the shower facilitie looks like it was set up for a king and trust me, noone has complained. All delta shower heads, its like getting a massage after practice.

jerks... also i suppose now your going to always write in purple? thats pretty snazzy.

Those of you with wrestling rooms should feel extremely lucky, those of you who get to use the gym at one time even if it is shared should feel very lucky.  Those of you that have lockers and a shower room should also feel lucky.

We at Holmes practice in an old study hall room.  It has 250 desks in it.  Which 200 of them we move the first day of practice to the side so we can roll the mats out, the rest stay out in the front of the room.

This room is located on the third floor of the school, so we only use the old mats which are probably from the 70's.  They are tore up and have little cushion.  We tape paper over the door windows so that no one can see in the room, so that the wrestlers can change in the room.  We have restrooms down the hall, and water fountains in the hallway also.

The weight lifting room is in the basement of the building but always being used by the football or basketball team.  The showers are located in the football locker room, not sure if we are allowed to use them, or in the basketball locker room in the other building which we cannot use.

Sometimes we must cancell practice because they use the room for testing after school.  PSAT, and other such tests. 

2 good things however.  1.  We are alone, no-one usually bothers us. 2.  The room is big enough that we could use 21 circles if we needed it.

Those of you with wrestling rooms should feel extremely lucky, those of you who get to use the gym at one time even if it is shared should feel very lucky.  Those of you that have lockers and a shower room should also feel lucky.

We at Holmes practice in an old study hall room.  It has 250 desks in it.  Which 200 of them we move the first day of practice to the side so we can roll the mats out, the rest stay out in the front of the room.

This room is located on the third floor of the school, so we only use the old mats which are probably from the 70's.  They are tore up and have little cushion.  We tape paper over the door windows so that no one can see in the room, so that the wrestlers can change in the room.  We have restrooms down the hall, and water fountains in the hallway also.

The weight lifting room is in the basement of the building but always being used by the football or basketball team.  The showers are located in the football locker room, not sure if we are allowed to use them, or in the basketball locker room in the other building which we cannot use.

Sometimes we must cancell practice because they use the room for testing after school.  PSAT, and other such tests. 

2 good things however.  1.  We are alone, no-one usually bothers us. 2.  The room is big enough that we could use 21 circles if we needed it.

I feel you on that man. Southern used to practice in the detention room before we upgraded to the cafeteria lol. It was terrible but we managed it.

jerks... also i suppose now your going to always write in purple? thats pretty snazzy.

LOL since you mentioned it yeah. Ive remembered every time. :-D.

Oh and we arent jerks. Were squeeky clean free of impetigo jerks lol.

LOL since you mentioned it yeah. Ive remembered every time. :-D.

Oh and we arent jerks. Were squeeky clean free of impetigo jerks lol.

wow... i've never had impetigo in my life though!

Guest 103GBM?

wow... i've never had impetigo in my life though!

ahaha see southern kids arn't completely stupid