Sign in to follow this  
derbycitysnotslinger

Best Wrestling Rooms

Conner has a nice wrestling room....it's about 18 x 18....yea, we can actually have 10-12 wrestlers drilling at one time!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

The best I've seen in Kentucky is hands down Trinity.  Now that is the way a wrestling room should look!  2 42 x 42 mats down, never rolled up.

PRP has an old double wide trailer.  Its ok but it can crowded.  We only have 8 practice circles and 30+ wrestlers.  Its hard to get everybody on the mat at the same time so we usually have to break up into small groups.

Guest wrestler92

Trinity's is nice, but if you have the money and the AD asks you....What do you want it to be like?  Then it should be like that.  Most schools I think adapt to what is around them.  From ones I have seen Moore's is reallly nice and getting better, J-town's is functional and good sized, Trinity's is really sweet with bleachers and restrooms and coach's office, Fern Creek's is good sized too. 

Trinity's is nice, but if you have the money and the AD asks you....What do you want it to be like?  Then it should be like that.  Most schools I think adapt to what is around them.  From ones I have seen Moore's is reallly nice and getting better, J-town's is functional and good sized, Trinity's is really sweet with bleachers and restrooms and coach's office, Fern Creek's is good sized too. 

yes, very true....Moore's is very nice..they got pics on a website somewhere of their room....kudos to them!

Campbell Co. has the best in the state hands down. There's consist of two and a half mat space with all padded walls around, chin up bars, peg boards, and oh yea, an entire weight room with about ten machines. That is how I would want my wrestling room to be.

i hope this makes you laugh.....well doss has a gym we share with the dance team and cheerleaders and we have almost a full mat space.....and uhh oh ya we have a water fountain located directly over the mat....and to top it all of we have a basketball goal right above our heads....thats what i call cool.....lol

Campbell Co. has the best in the state hands down. There's consist of two and a half mat space with all padded walls around, chin up bars, peg boards, and oh yea, an entire weight room with about ten machines. That is how I would want my wrestling room to be.

I've seen CC's & Trinity's room...CC's is very nice, but i'd lean towards Trinity's "wrestling complex" over CC's.  Their weight room is just 1 floor below and it blows any other weight room i've seen away in Kentucky.  The only wrestling room i've seen to compare to Trinity's would be Moeller's.  Their wrestling "building" is unbelievable.  It has a HUGE weight room that's all Hammer Strength equipment (supposedly dedicated to the wrestling team).  A locker room that the Cincinnati Bengals would not complain about.

I believe the disscusion was "in state", but if you are looking outside of kentucky im sure there are much much better rooms than Graham's...even if they get nearly alll the mat space they want up there.

i dont think its how much money it cost or how nice your teams wrestling room looks... i think its the wrestlers in it and how hard they work. also i think woodford county's wrestling room is the best b/c of the tradition... when you walk in there you think about how many state placers and state champs have come out of this room and its pretty overwhelming!!

southerns gym is getting better if you would have seen it 4 years ago you wouldnt think it is what its is now

Southerns gym is in a huge building outside the school.Its pretty dope, but southerns mat room is good sized.

Guest blazegoth

roqouis has a ok jym but need new mats despretly, but thats about the only conflict with that, i like seneca's wrestling room and i think there scale is weird :|

DeSales has had their own "wrestling room" for quite a few years now.  the only problem with our rooms are that they are always in some random building and they are very small.  the one we have now really sux beucase we don't have showers installed in there yet.  we do have to small rooms where we use the shelves as lockers.  but ya it is used solely for wrestling purposes, we don't have to share with any other teams, or any one else for that matter.  it is just small and hard to fit everybody and everything in there at once.

apollo just built a new gym for the wrestling team and the cheerleaders.  the gym includes. a wrestling room which is hugh and a wrestling locker room. the wrestling room is connected to the new wrestling weight lifting room.