Sign in to follow this  
tja

most intriguing storyline going into the season?

now that is interesting! come to think of it I thought I saw  miozza wrestling in the 182 class at some summer tourneys?

yep just checked he is registered 182 for S32

That's no knock on Matthews. I think he's a tremendous wrestler. Lampe is a motor. Frankrone can wrestle a little slower at 182 with less a chance of gassing.

Takes a lot of blood to fill those muscles.

Wky,from what i heard he just lost weight and was down around 170,but like i said just hearsay

Lost it on purpose ?

Over the summer I got the feeling that people believe that Frankrone is a sure thing to repeat at 182 because he won the title last year. Tyler had a great end of season and got hot at the right time and won when it matters. But don't forget that he had a losing record last season to Smith (1-2) and also lost to Leaton. 182 will once again come down to who has the best state tournament regardless who is the defending champ. I hope Tyler is at 182 to make it exciting just like last year. Also, Miozza and Meiman would be best to stay at 170. 170 was a very weak weight class last season and 182 will be much tougher than what they experienced last year.

Hurst lost one match in state, in double OT, to the guy he then beat twice including in the state finals. He beat Poytner couple years ago. He won Tournament of Champions in Ohio this summer at 120.  Not sure he is getting majored by anyone regardless of weight class.  Sheffer is a stud and since he's in the Union room will only get better each year. I can't wait to see that match.

I do not believe Hurst has ever beat Bobby Poynter. I do not believe they have been in the same weight class. Poynter has been a 120 all 3 years.

I do not believe Hurst has ever beat Bobby Poynter. I do not believe they have been in the same weight class. Poynter has been a 120 all 3 years.

I don't know if they wrestled, but Hurst was at 120 the yr before last because the law sons were at 106 and 113. He gave up a ton of weight but wrestled very well.

Hurst wrestled 106, 113 and 120 in 2013 (often weighed in at 113 just in case they needed him there but wrestled all weekend at 120)  and went to state at 120.  Remembered him beating a kid from Moore that season.  Thought it was Poynter. I was mistaken.  Hope they do cross paths this year. Would be a great match.

Sign in to follow this