Sign in to follow this  
Mike Frankrone

Flonationals updates

Tyler got off to a rough start. Feeling a little sick the first day and having to wait until 3 in the afternoon for his first match, he came out pretty slow and lethargic, he lost 3-1 to the Michigan State Champ. And please believe me everyone, if Tyler was feeling good and 100% he would definitely beat this kid. Tyler keeps saying how bad he wants the kid to lose so he can rematch him in wrestle-backs, but at the moment the kid is in the quarters.Next match was better, but still feeling shaky & definitely slow. He pinned the kid I believe in the third period,. The kid is from New York. Third match rolls around and he's still feeling better than how he felt from the first match, and he pins this Pennsylvania kid in about 10 seconds.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Blackwell just lost in the semi's.

He was winning with about 5 secs left and lost a heartbreaker. He's wrestled his butt off in this tournament.

Well, Tyler just lost in double overtime 5-4.

We're headed home.

Blackwell Is the only Kentucky kid left.

Congrats to all the KY guys who went and represented our state very well. To win just one match at Flo is a nice accomplishment. It will definitely get you noticed by college coaches. Congrats to Blackwell as well. Looks like he will be bringing home some hardware!

I'm very proud of all our guys. It's bittersweet for Tyler & Dominic, because they lost nail-biters that went down to the wire. Their losses were against kids that they could win against any other day, it just wasn't their day at this tournament.

No shame at all in losing to Max Dean.  That is Gabe Dean's younger brother and one of the most well regarded wrestling names in Michigan...wrestling out of one of the best clubs and high schools anywhere (Lowell, Flat River)

Sign in to follow this