Sign in to follow this  
Jacketcoach

2014 KY USAW Folkstyle State

Here is the flyer for folkstyle state. Will be most likely doing registration on trackwrestling. More info coming soon.

Didn't we just have folkstyle state at the horse park???

I'm getting the word out in the Cincinnati Ohio Area

I'll be there with the tournament T-shirts, Singlets and Wrestling Shirts

Look forward to it

Team Jones Wrestling

Sid's Dad Wrestling

I am not sure if you are from this area but that is nowhere near the school.  We have had multiple events at Central this year without any issues.

It's actually in the exact area. All I'm saying is to be careful. This mob would love nothing more than to jump on a couple wrestlers. I'm a former cop, have many LMPD friends, and most certainly know the area and live near Louisville. Hopefully this crap ends, but out of towners should most certainly know about what's been happening in the area of the school on Saturday afternoons.

It's actually in the exact area. All I'm saying is to be careful. This mob would love nothing more than to jump on a couple wrestlers. I'm a former cop, have many LMPD friends, and most certainly know the area and live near Louisville. Hopefully this crap ends, but out of towners should most certainly know about what's been happening in the area of the school on Saturday afternoons.

Both those locations where incidents happened are about 2 miles away from the school, according to Google Maps.  I've been to a couple of the events at Central, and have felt pretty safe.

I do think it is important for people to know about dangerous situations, however we also need to include ALL of the facts. Is it close to Central? Sure. But it is also close to Jeffersonville HS. This event started on a bridge at the water park and stayed closer to the water park than it did Central HS. This was also done in retaliation to an incident that occurred on our transit system buses. With the level of police presence in the downtown area raised I would say this won't happen again. And if it did I'm not sure why they would love to jump wrestlers.

And yes....I know Jeffersonville HS is further away. I was just making a point that this happened at the river.

I do think it is important for people to know about dangerous situations, however we also need to include ALL of the facts. Is it close to Central? Sure. But it is also close to Jeffersonville HS. This event started on a bridge at the water park and stayed closer to the water park than it did Central HS. This was also done in retaliation to an incident that occurred on our transit system buses. With the level of police presence in the downtown area raised I would say this won't happen again. And if it did I'm not sure why they would love to jump wrestlers. And yes....I know Jeffersonville HS is further away. I was just making a point that this happened at the river.

They jumped a 60 year old grandfather in front of his 4 and 6 year old granddaughters and put him in the hospital. They jumped a 13 year old girl and beat her and the man who tried to save her. Both in serious condition. The attacked Baders which is 1.2 miles away from Central and numerous other fast food places. Cops had 17 calls at once as the 200 person mob split into several smaller 30 person mobs. They can't be everywhere at once.

I'd say these thugs would love to jump a wrestler and his dad and show how tough they are.

Again, my point is to inform people who don't get the local Louisville news. Please, please, please attend this tournament!!!!! Just be careful when leaving the area and know about what's been happening. LMPD calls it isolated while business owners say it happens every spring when the weather warms.

Both those locations where incidents happened are about 2 miles away from the school, according to Google Maps.  I've been to a couple of the events at Central, and have felt pretty safe.

I have too.

I look forward to seeing who will become 2014 Kentucky USA Folkstyle State Champion this weekend.  We are getting lots of interest from Indiana and Tennessee.  Looking forward to some good wrestling.