Sign in to follow this  
Chris Duke

Elementary Team Kentucky

A lot of the information is here just looking for a little more.

This is less than three weeks away.  Will there be a flyer?  What time is it starting?  With the way it is set up is this a true second tournament?  Is there an address?

ELEMENTARY TEAM KENTUCKY

For the first time, the Kentucky State Wrestling Association will field an Elementary Team Kentucky to compete nationally.

The goal is to field three teams through a trial tournament to be held on 01 March 2014. 

Two teams will be sent to compete at the Heartland USA National Elementary Duals 
Tournament in Ralston, Nebraska.

An additional team will be fielded to compete in Kingsport, TN at AAU Elementary National Dual Tournament.

Each tournament has its own unique grade requirements and weight classes, so a tournament of overlapping or adjusted weight classes will be utilized to construct the teams. 

Primary objective is to place in the top 3 of the tournament. Some 4th place finishers will be alternates. 

TRIALS TOURNAMENT 

When: 01 March 2014

Where: John Hardin High School

Who: Grades K-6th 

Weight Classes: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 120, 130,
140, 160, 190, 230

Top 3 Placers will be given first priority for
teams. 

Heartland USA National Elementary Duals
Ralston, Nebraska
April 11-13, 2014

I emplore all who are interested in making your kid, and Kentucky Wrestling better, to please participate. Sucess is in the numbers.

My son is in the high school ranks now but was fortunate to represent Kentucky in the Middle School duals in Danville, Il. The past two seasons. It was by far, one of the best experiences he has had in wrestling.

Not only did he get to test himself against some the best in the country, the part he liked most, was training with all of the other kids on different teams throughout the state. We as a family made many new friends and developed new relationships. He was able to train and make friends and practice partners that he could rely on in the summer.

Don't pass up the opportunity if you can help it. Great fun!

Thanks Granby. I agree 100%. The kids love the friends they make as part of this team. You get to train and hang out with the best wrestlers in the state. And we always hear great feedback on the coaches. Coach Quirino has been a part of the team for years and Coach Roth and Cornett from Walton have been a big part of the last few teams.

The event competition is amazing as well.

Definitely worth the time and cost.

I agree with you guys totally!  I'm just trying to get the information out there so we can field a team.  If parents are not aware than we will have gaps in the line up.  Will an email be sent out to all the coaches?  Will information be at the State Tournament?  I'm looking forward to this it will be a great experience if my boys can make the team.

I agree with you guys totally!  I'm just trying to get the information out there so we can field a team.  If parents are not aware than we will have gaps in the line up.  Will an email be sent out to all the coaches?  Will information be at the State Tournament?  I'm looking forward to this it will be a great experience if my boys can make the team.

I agree 100% with your post. I think it's going to be tough to make this team should be great competition there. If Blue makes it were looking forward to the journey with everyone.

We will definitely have information available at state. Hopefully more info will be coming before. We are just working through a couple hiccups in the prep phase.

Is the criteria based on grade or age.  I noticed the flyer stated K-6.  I have a very young 7th grader...probably started him in school to early, but just wanted to ask.  Would be a good fit at 80.

Especially since a year in age at that level makes a big difference. A 13 year old 6th grader can compete but a 12 year old 7th grader can't.

Especially since a year in age at that level makes a big difference. A 13 year old 6th grader can compete but a 12 year old 7th grader can't.

Exactly. Makes no sense. But the rules are the rules.

Attached is the flyer for the Elementary Team KY Trials Tournament. You can register on trackwrestling at the following link

http://goo.gl/gMmnLM

This is a great opportunity to take Kentucky youth wrestling to the next level. I encourage everyone to strongly consider participating.

If your child make the team, they will be responsible for a $150 team fee half of which is due the day of the tournament. This fee will cover your child's registration fee for national duals, a team pullover, shorts and shirt. Please see the flyer for additional information.

2014 Team Kentucky Trials Tournament

(for the Heartland Elementary Duals)

Taylor County Middle School

1207 E. Broadway, Campbellsville, Kentucky

Saturday March 1st, 2014

Doors open at 7:30 am

SESSION 1: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85

9:00AM - 11:30AM (weigh ins at 7:30-8:30)

SESSION 2: 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 , 160

12:00PM – 2:30PM (weigh ins at 10:30, may weigh in with first session)

*Wrestle Back to True 2nd (if third place and 2nd place have not met)

*First and second place at each weight class make Team Kentucky if we can field two teams

- some 3rd and 4th alternates will be selected

- option to form a third team if possible, numbers will determine

*All wrestlers need to make scratch weight.

*Periods will be three 1.5 minute periods.

*Tournament Entry Fee is 15.00 Per Wrestler paid during entry on TrackWrestling.

* Admissions fee $5.00 per adult, $3.00 per child

* Concessions will be available

* All wrestlers must live in Kentucky and have a valid USA wrestling card.

*If a wrestler makes the team, they must pay a $150.00 team fee to participate. $75.00 will be due at tournament upon acceptance of slot for the team. All wrestlers will be responsible for their own transportation and lodging for the 2014 Heartland Duals in Council Bluffs, IA on April 11th to 13th 2014. Team will coordinate for weigh-ins and meals.

* A block of rooms will be reserved at each location.

* Contact the KSWA Staff with any questions or concerns or contact jory.whorton@gmail.com

Age Division is 1st – 6th Grade (not to exceed 13 years old)

Weight Classes are: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 , 160

Register No Later than Thursday, 27 February 2014 at http://goo.gl/gMmnLM