Sign in to follow this  
Demolition

Region 8 tournament predictions

Im gonna predict Johnson Central wins the team title.

106 - Joe Slone (JC)

113 - Garrett McColud (JC)

120 - Dylan Francis (JC)

126 - Geordon Blanton (JC)

132 -

138 - Bryce Dean (Sheldon Clark)

145 - Josh Jude (JC)

152 - Zack Thompson (Belfry)

160 - Jordan Ray Young (JC)

171 - Sam Griffith (JC)

182 -

195 - Colton Collins (Montgomery County)

220 - Chris Neice (JC)

285 -

I think Bourbon Co. will win 3/4 weight classes. Josh Jude v. Alex Wright should be a battle at 145. I think Wright beat him in a barn burner earlier this year.

I also think Harrison Co., might sneak in there and take a couple as well.

In my opinion Johnson Central wins the region and the three region 7 transplants battle for 2nd place. 

Team Race

Johnson Central

Bourbon Co.

Montgomery Co.

Harrison Co.

Sheldon Clark

Ashland/Belfry

Perry Central

Letcher Central

I don't think Jenkins/Harlan Co. and Prestonsburg have teams this year or East Ridge for that matter.

Pike Central will take a couple of kids, I know Phelps and Boyd Co. are new so I don't know much about them.

Good Luck to all.

In my opinion Johnson Central wins the region and the three region 7 transplants battle for 2nd place. 

Team Race

Johnson Central

Bourbon Co.

Montgomery Co.

Harrison Co.

Sheldon Clark

Ashland/Belfry

Perry Central

Letcher Central

I don't think Jenkins/Harlan Co. and Prestonsburg have teams this year or East Ridge for that matter.

Pike Central will take a couple of kids, I know Phelps and Boyd Co. are new so I don't know much about them.

Good Luck to all.

Jenkins, Harlan Co. and Prestonsburg do not have teams.

East Ridge, Phelps, Pike Co. Central, Boyd Co., Letcher Co. Central and Pike Co. Central do have teams,... but only fill about 4-7 weight classes.

Boyd County has to make about 2 turns and their at Paul Blazer HS.

Bourbon Co., Montgomery Co., Harrison Co. have the longest drives.

Letcher Co., Johnson Central, Pike Central, Sheldon Clark, Perry Co. Central can all get on US 23 and be to Ashland in no time.

Phelps and East Ridge have the worst trips of the bunch.

I've got to give Coach Detwiller a lot of credit. He is a very talented young Coach that is pumping out some really solid kids. Congrats Coach! Fear the fanny pack!!! Lol!

Im gonna predict Johnson Central wins the team title.

106 - Joe Slone (JC)

113 - Garrett McColud (JC)

120 - Dylan Francis (JC)

126 - Geordon Blanton (JC)

132 -

138 - Bryce Dean (Sheldon Clark)

145 - Josh Jude (JC)

152 - Zack Thompson (Belfry)

160 - Jordan Ray Young (JC)

171 - Sam Griffith (JC)

182 -

195 - Colton Collins (Montgomery County)

220 - Chris Neice (JC)

285 -

I was way off on my predictions.

I missed the 106, 113, 120, 126, 138, 152, 170 and 195.

I didn't know Blanton from JC was bumping up to 138.

McCloud and Griffith from JC both got 5th place.  I didn't see that one coming.

Griffith was wrestling with something in his knee torn. I think it was his MCL. He couldn't use that leg at all.

McCloud was 5 seconds from being in the finals. One bad decision cost him a shot at the finals.

Harrison County showed up and wrestled tough, losing out to Montgomery County by .5 point but they did have a disqualification of their 145lb wrestler due to a questionable crossface.  HCHS will be taking 11 wrestlers to state with two region champs.  Great job to all Region 8 state qualifiers and to the 13 teams who competed. 

I was there but I didn't I see what happened. All I saw was the Stacy kid from SC look to get upset then sit in the middle of the mat for a minute then the ref come over and raise his hand. What happened?

The Harrison kids were by far the most aggressive and physical, they went after it the whole 6 mins.. I didn't see the 145 match but I was impressed by all their kids. kudos to the coaching staff..

Aside from the Gamble/Roberts match, I think the Mcloud (JC) /Highlander (Harrison) match was very exciting in the semi's at 120.  Very intense match with Highlander getting a last second reversal at the end.  JC and Harrison had great match ups all day. 

Aside from the Gamble/Roberts match, I think the Mcloud (JC) /Highlander (Harrison) match was very exciting in the semi's at 120.  Very intense match with Highlander getting a last second reversal at the end.  JC and Harrison had great match ups all day.

McCloud made a bad mistake when he tried to turn Highlander in the last 5 seconds. He had the bar in stay behind him for the last few seconds and win the match. He was being aggressive I guess trying to turn him and getting reversed. I don't think he'll ever make that mistake again.

JC and Harrison did have some exciting matches all day.

Sign in to follow this