Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Raider Rumble

I Made some great picks and a few that were very easy to pick.. and I made 1 very bad pick..Mr Fausz never will I pick against you again lol..... I was rooting for you though... Mr Ohio fan Meiman is much better than he showed against Kowal just had an off match but hats off to Kowal. Turner and Matthews are getting the rust off from football those were there first matches of the year and they were both banged up a bit. They get better and better each match. Overall great tournament !

Mike frankrone, yes I agree with you that the outcome in boxing is easily effected most by reff, but where is it that you saw this reffing and it effecting outcomes Top Shelf, if you watch the match again, Tyler took Smith down to score 2 points as Smith was fleeing the mat. Tyler kept both his legs in bounds and the refs didn't give him the points. They ruled it out of bounds. Tyler also got in on hi single about to score again and once again Smith scooted out of bounds and the refs didn't say a word. Trust me. Tyler has lost plenty of matches and I don't say a word when it's an un-tampered-with loss. All I'm saying is if you can re-watch the match, please do so, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Everything ran together on the last post. So, I'm reposting what I said. Top Shelf, if you watch the match again, Tyler took Smith down to score 2 points as Smith was fleeing the mat. Tyler kept both his legs in bounds and the refs didn't give him the points. They ruled it out of bounds. Tyler also got in on hi single about to score again and once again Smith scooted out of bounds and the refs didn't say a word. Trust me. Tyler has lost plenty of matches and I don't say a word when it's an un-tampered-with loss. All I'm saying is if you can re-watch the match, please do so, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Mickey Smith showed a lot of heart and won a tough class winning some close matches all 4 of the top 182s had close matches /win or lose a tough class for sure .And whoever won it could surely have gotten an OW depending on what you consider an OW .

Austin who is not ranked sixth in anything LOL 4th by win and 5th by intermat and the highest ranked 220 jr in the nation with wins over num 2 in the nation ,pinned his semis opponent in 15 sec and his finals opponent a KY state placer and 2nd ranked kid in the state a former toc finalist and champ i believe in 31 seconds ,This was the biggest tourny he will be in close to home and in NKY he went out to wrestle his best and he easily dominated his class more so than anyone in the tournament not only this yr but last yr as well ,

You could give an ow to someone winning a tough class in OTs or whatever or you could give an OW to the most talked about wrestler or you could do the right thing and give it to the best damn wrestler in the room on that day ,hardest working day in day out who beat up or not shows up and brings it .

To be honest if anyone else in the room trained as much as often or as hard at all aspects of this and whatever sport they participated in they could have dominated as he did and does ,no reason to keep his just rewards from him because he does it easier than the rest on game day for a reason .

For a kid who didnt wrestle last yr Erdmann looked and did extremely well ,nice to see him getting back to where he needs to be.

Glen Este looked very good .

This was Mathews second tourny not first and he looked a little rusty but improved from his last tourny ,Turner did look rusty ,

Unions hvy is very entertaining and wrestles above what one would expect like his throws ,not sure he can hit them against Young though ,If he hit the weights hard for a few months he could be very very exciting .Frankrone is a beast seems he is a calculating wrestler when in his stance and focused he seems he would be very very hard to beat ,at times he would back up and stand up as most wrestlers do that was his only real weakness i saw other than he may have gassed a bit ,Mathews seems to crack when he doesnt get his call no use arguing or getting upset /losing your head just keep wrestling ,

Logan jones came out looking great in his finals match Lampe did not look as sharp as last yr Jones missed his shot at Lampe i believe because i am sure he tightens up after last night ,jones took some pretty bad shots after his first success in the match  a big mistake .

Kowal is a good /very good wrestler who totally dominated Meiman without even going into his upper gears ,if Frankone or Courtney drop to 170 it will shake things up quite a bit

Glen este won fairly easily ,CC is rusty not at all their weights and with a starter down .

In my opinion no one else will be close to CC at state other than Union when they get Brock and Trae back and even then they will not overtake the Camels .X is not the same team as last yr woodford looks stronger in tournament format but will not be able to overtake CC,

Mpire, thanks for the compliment on Tyler. I really don't mean to take anything away from Smith on his win. I was actually telling someone yesterday that he's one of the most improved wrestlers I've seen over the last couple years. Congrats to Smith. As for Tyler gassing. Yes he did. That was his first sporting competition in over a year. He missed football season this year and he was out last year as a freshman on wrestling with his spine injury. This was his first wrestling tournament this year. Trinity's first meet was cancelled due to the weather. One thing I can promise as soon as his eye heals and his sprained ankle heals is that his cardio will be to notch when I'm finished with him. By the way mpire, I love watching your boy wrestle. it was definitely a highlight of the tournament for me to get to watch him wrestle. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

He didnt seem to totally gas just an observation that if he was in a little better cardio shape as in any tough match or tourny with ot and close matches it will make the difference ,as physically impressive as he appears and obviously has to be ,he looks like a college wrestler already ,a good stance but seems to be back a bit on his heels straight up and down where a brave or equally physically impressive wrestler like himself might try to charge him and simply bowl him over ,but i doubt he sees anyone like that hes a tank from top to bottom ,i love it ,and i saw his eye yesterday he had a big old bruise ,once again he looked like a college wrestler Already .,He looks like a state champ to me another wrestler to be proud of "KY POWER "

Rumble was great! Glen Estes was solid from top to bottom. Tough team. Campbell looked pretty good getting second. Woodford looked tough with only 10 or 11 guys. Real tough light weights. Hurst and Boston helped team with 10 pins between them. Union kids looked good. Sheffer and oxford (145) are impressive. Henry Clays big 3 looked solid. Columbus east had a few very tough/ strong boys. Myers and Fausz are beasts. I think our Kentucky boys did great against out of state competition. And also lampes are pretty darn good

I will shoot for wednesday but i am not for sure ,College is out Steph is beat up and CC had practice today early ,Who are They and who is Miller ???and if he can beat Austin he can win state at 195 lol

I think he (Eaglespride) was just saying he'd like Elisah Miller from Scott(195) 4th in state last year to have a chance to work with Austin down at Spatolas place... I'm trying to see when he's going to be there as well. My nephew also wants to work out with both of them meaning ATM and Elisiah Miller... I know I'm spelling his first name wrong.. it's the same as Matthews

Thats who i thought thats cool ,CC has a dual against Lasalle Middletown and Reading WED at LAsalle i believe ,so wed is out ,perhaps sunday if Austin is not beat up from pickerington sat  .wich he shouldnt be ,no one in ohio wants any .

Spatolas reached out to Elijah to see if he is willing to work with Austin. Said they needed a decent big guy for him to work with. I'm all for it. Elijah has his eye on a state championship and wants to work with the best. So maybe they can both get something out of it.

Of Course ,i am a fan of his ,I would love for Austin to have someone simply to drill with not just wrestle ,i think proper drilling is so important ,not many kids want to learn the sequences and spend the time going over and over the moves , A great idea ,Austin is a bit bigger as far as wrestling goes but thats fine height wise and sise wise they would be great partners .Wed they have duals ,sun we will try and make it .I have another big guy who may come from Cincy not sure he is a smaller hvy but a hard worker ,at least when dads around lol

Spatola knows his stuff as well and is simply a cool coach .

Seriously?  Meiman has an overhook and pushes kids around with a sloppy throw-by. Kowal had him on his back in the 1st 15 secs.  Had him pinned but only got 2, then rode him for about 5 1/2 minutes.  Meiman was majored 9-0 including a stalling point from a favorable ref.  More than "hats off" to Kowal since he owed Meiman after pinning his way into the finals from the 3 seed.  He left the Raider Rumble 10-0 and has yet to be scored on wrestling 170 and 182.  He'll be at 160 for SWOWCA this weekend if Meiman wants another crack at him.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm simply saying Meiman is a darn good wrestler and is better than what he showed at the Rumble. Why are you calling his wrestling sloppy etc ? That's just crazy to say about any kid. He's a kid that has good days and bad days and even still battled his way to finish 2nd. Turner had an off day and I know he's banged up but I'd take those 2 on my team anyday and before the season is over they will make alot of noise in both Kentucky and yes Ohio. Kowal is good. I knew that but even if he'd gotten beat I certainly wouldn't have knocked his moves or the way he wrestles. Show some class and remember these are kids that bust their tails off everyday.

Meiman may be a bit overrated ,but Koala  looked sloppy in the match as well ,he looks as if he cannot decide what  weight he wants to go ,looks as if he has lost some speed over the years ,He did beat Meiman handily but i wouldnt brag about not being scored on at 170 and 182 either this yr or at the rumble  its early in the year and he has been beaten every yr by Ohio and KY wrestlers Meiman isnt a a world beater hes a good athlete that plays multiple sports  AJ isnt a world beater either ,he has wrestled for yrs and is taking advantage of yrs of experience surprise he aint  a state champ by now ,I think Steph  beat Kola  last yr at fairfield or one of those other weak tournaments in southern ohio and ,AJ has wrestled a long time in a lot of rooms ,congrats to him for his win over Meiman ,If you consider yourself a big dog dont bark at the pups and run under the porch when the other dogs come barking ruff ruff

The Rumble is better than swowca anyway ,now run along to swowca and bow down to the powers that be in that part of your state ,

ATMRULES

You calling me a liar old man grappler ,can you not read thats what i wrote wasnt it ,Swowca is just a tournament ran by some ole witch from Moeller who keeps everyone out who might embarass her old mans team or some of its superstars ,thats why they dropped CC the year before last from first to seventh or so on the list ,My brother and i were about to lay serious smack down on them posers like my brother had already done his fresh and soph yr ,after ME and Fausz are gone they will invite CC back ,they are weak a sham a tournament blown up by those in southern ohio particularly those that control the tournament in order to make some private school shine keep its parents happy and paying and give em bragging rights in their part of the state since they cannot seem to win a state title even with half the states best kids on their team ,

Me and my dog Fausz would stomp those scrubs at SWOWCA and i hear those wannabees talking smack about me ,trouble is their ohio elite have short memories i smashed em for years and their best couldnt make it to me at Nationals ,Im sooooo happy i got to pin some buckeyes at the rumble ,15 sec i think i was like what happened i didnt even do anything ,

then i got to go pin a LaSalle kid yesterday now i get to go pin some kids up in ohio around columbus this week then go back to dayton and pin some kids there im getting bored already .

ATM RULES

• Downvote 1

Lol! Envy is a bitch. I hope you BOYS have the coconuts to properly introduce yourself to Mpire when u get a chance. I'm sure he'd like to do the same.

What happend St X? Got scared?

Sign in to follow this