Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Raider Rumble

Okay the Rumble one of the best tournys in the state is only a couple weeks alway , any discussion on matchups teams and the like c'mon people its wrestling season :)I won't even argue lol

I've heard the grapevine that Johnny Meiman isn'twrestling this year ? Again I'm not starting rumors or anything like that but I talked with a pretty reliable sourse that said it just wasn't what he wanted to do this year ? His dad seems like a very nice guy and if this is true I wish Johnny the best in whatever he decides to do.

Sorry to hear that if its true Meiman has huge potential , on the other hand it could actually change things a bit as far a who places where or goes where particularly come state time .

As for the Rumble what teams are expected to participate this yr , not much talk about such a great tournament ,

I would find the rumor about Meiman hard to believe, I spoke with his dad just a few weeks ago and he indicated how anxious Johnny was to get to wrestling season once he wrapped up football season. I would be very surprised, he has worked very hard for so long. Guess we shall see soon.....

I don't know all the teams, but I do believe Harrison and Princeton from Cincinnati will be attending this year.

What weight is Meiman?  Princeton has Kowal at 160/170 so that could be a good match.

What weight is Fausz this year?  Princeton also has Selmon at 126/132, so potenitally another good match up.

Not sure of Harrison's line up but they usually have solid kids throughout.

These are the teams I know of. Princeton, Harrison, kenton ridge, Columbus east, CC, trinty, st. X, Moore, ryle, Conner, glen este, Scott, south oldham, Henry clay, south dearborn, union, waton Verona.

Okay Lawson's are one and out shows what I know , on the other hand look who came back to stay baby ATM wins out yesterday Sam gets a w today and Jesse has his first ever next week , time to start bustin it

Love the rumble glad my little ones first ever tourny is there maybe one day he grabs the ow like his older bro did last yr , love it

• Downvote 1

Now that the week is here anyone care to take a shot at the top teams and kids in each weight class.  Could see some possible state semi-finals and final match ups this weekend.  Good luck to everyone going. 

Being early in the year we could see some match ups you wouldnt see at state because of weight cert and what not ,could be very interesting such an awesome tournament ,Dont know anything about columbus east but the other Ohio teams are or have been tough in the past Harrison and Princeton are always solid with great coaches and usually a standout wrestler or two ,Glen este as well not sure who their new coach is their old one Roush was very good and a class act as well is at Elder now ,

Last year Cooper and the Union studs were at Iron Man hopefully we see them this yr I know cooper is at chatanooga ,got to see him wrestle once this year looked very good at cumberland ,

Lower weights could see some big big matchups ,not sure if SK is there could see reg 6 220s battling it out ,

Meiman Turner Courtney Mathews matches could be barnburners if they match up .

its gonna be a big weekend of wrestling in and for KY ,Raider Rumble and Midwest classic for LW ,

If Frankrone is there from Trinity I'm interested in seeing how he does and weight he wrestles at. There will be very good matches all day long. Too many to list really. I also want to see how Courtney does with Matthews and I've heard there will be a few really good ones from Ohio there as well hmm, (106) Scheffer from Union vs Branson Glen Este (113) Binder (stx) vs fallon (wc) and smith (120) I'll take Boston against anyone (126) Blackwell (UC)  and Duncan (TR)  (132) Ervin (uc) , Erdman (Ryle) ,Heidorf (Trinity),  Siccurella from Glen Este (138) Fausz (145) Brown (WA) vs Kahl (TR) (152) Lampe (ST X vs Gahafer (UC (160 )Lampe (ST X) vs logan Jones (WA) interested to see if Kowal from Princeton wrestles 160 or 170  I'm thinking he wrestles (170 )against Meiman (RYLE) and Turner (CC) (182) Matthews (CC) vs Courtney (WC)with a huge sleeper in Frankrone (TRINITY) but I believe he will wrestle (195) and take the weight class against a very strong Trevor Thompson (CON) but don't count out the lone eagle in my forecast with Miller but I still think Miller ends up 3rd. (220) A slight edge to Austin Myers (CC) the slight edge is because the others in the field team up against him but still all go down. I don't know anything about the heavyweights but one of the Ohio boys will win jmho unless Campbells big boy (Sinclair) OR Brown (UC) have great days and surprises everyone ..Good luck all

Team Union CC Woodford but I don't know about the Ohio schools but I would assume that Princeton and Glen Este will be pretty darn good. I don't know anything about Columbus East

These are some of the tough KY kids and the weight they will most likely be at;

106- Wells (cc), Hurst (wc), Siddons (Moore)

113- Sheffer (uc), Bindner (stx), Hall (Moore), Hernandez (hclay), Fallon (wc)

120- Boston (wc), Hernandez (hclay), December (uc), Poynter (Moore), Erdman (Ryle)

126- Blackwell (uc), Duncan (trin), Sparh (cc), Carr (wc), Frank (Scott)

132- Ervin (uc), Heidorf (trin), Erdman (Ryle), Haddad (stx)

138- Fausz (cc), Oxford (uc), Korfhage (stx), Barton (trin)

145- Brown (walt), Whalen (hclay), Kahl (trin), Andreoni (wc)

152- Lampe (stx), Gahefer (uc)

160- Lampe (stx), Jones (walt)

170- Meiman (Ryle), Turner (cc), Miozza (trin), Smith (Moore), Morris (uc)

182- Matthews (cc), Courtney (wc), Frankrone (trin)

195- Thompson (conn), Stevens (trin), Graziani (cc)

220- Myers (cc), carter (uc)

Hwt- Brown (uc), Sinclair (cc), Davis (sold), Whaley (Moore)

*this is an absolute stacked tournament. Those are some tough kids and I'm sure I forgot to put some on there, but with the out of state competition it will be CRAZY! 113, 120, 145, 182 look like the toughest weights there this weekend.

Kind of a pre season dragon.. but yea don't leave out Elijiah Miller from Scott at 195. He finished 4th last at year the horse park at 195. As mentioned above I still think Frankrone will be a wildcard and even Turner and Matthews for this tourney at what weights they will wrestle. We shall find out very soon ! Good break down Kentucky and best of luck to all you guys !

Returning regional qualifiers for Columbus East:

106 Will Conner  sectional runner up

113 Jake Martindale 3rd sectional

126 Dalton Noblitt sectional champ  regional runner up  3rd semi-state ranked 5th in state at 132

138 Cody Reichenba 3rd sectional

160 Maurice Dantzier 3rd sectional

Usually a tough team with one of the best football programs in the state of Indiana. Lots of athletes and they tend to replace their losses rather well.

Sign in to follow this