Ranger123

The Middle School List - November 2013

We've seen a couple of top notch events in Hardin County that have given us a good start. Plenty of kids to add to the mix in the coming weeks and months...

70 Favorite: Blake Whorton (John Hardin)

Contenders: Zeke Escalera (Union County), Samuel Grandstaff (Hawks), Jack McCormack (Twenhofel), Isham Peace (Walton), Zach Wells (Campbell County)

75 Favorite: Carson Deckard (East Oldham)

Contenders: Nicolas Brown (Union County), Trevor Frietsch (Twenhofel), Jacob Grandstaff (Hawks), Connor Goldsmith (North Oldham), Hope Miracle (Taylor County)

80 Favorite: ?

Contenders: Brenden Pye (Woodland), Sam Sisco (Graves County), Zach Taylor (North Oldham), Zac Higdon (Fairdale), Gabe Adams (Union County), Bradley Miller (EJ Hayes), Tristen Spalding (Walton)

86 Favorite: Tylan Tucker (Woodford County)

Contenders: Clay Fitzhugh (River CIty), Tom Ketchen-Carter (Campbell County), Drew Johnson (North Oldham), Eddie Agulto (Christian County), Shay Horton (Ryle), Brandon Miller (EJ Hayes)

92 Favorite: Blake Roth (Walton Verona)

Contenders: Nate Wheeler (East Oldham), Adam Bender (Blugrass WC), Gary Speed (River City), Zach Holub (Hawks), Billy Pride (Union County)

98 Favorite: Konner Kraeszig (River City)

Contenders: Micah Ervin (Union County), Jerry Simpson (Fairdale), Allen Powers (Moore)

105 Favorite: Saul Ervin (Union County)

Contenders: Zane Brown (Shamrock), Dalton Bell (Larue County), Logan Harris (Walton)

113 Favorite: Ryan Moore (Campbell County)

Contenders: Brock Whorton (John Hardin), Jakob McClintic (East Oldham), Braden Mulcahy (Walton Verona), Garrett McCloud (Johnson County), Matt Riley (Twenhofel)

121 Favorite: Mason Smith (Walton Verona)

Contenders: Rob Copenhaver (John Hardin), CJ Kenworthy (Shamrock), Max Powell (Doss)

130 Favorite: Trent Johnson (John Hardin)

Contenders: Dylan Gray (Caldwell County), Noah Hammond (Walton Verona)

140 Favorite: Diion Leavell (Christian County)

Contenders: Derrick Smallwood (North Hardin), John Crow (Central Hardin), Reed Middleton (Moore), Darrius Biddix (Shamrock)

152 Favorite: Blake Gamble (Johnson County)

Contenders: Nathan Prosser (McCreary County), Jacob Bratcher (Taylor County), Grifin Dulak (Larue County), Kadin Kulmer (Shamrock)

168 Favorite: Blake Denny (EJ Hayes)

Contenders: Chase Lanham (Shamrock), Tige Littlefield (Caldwell County), Calloway Mills (Bourbon County), Tanner Mueller (Twenhofel)

190 Favorite: Ray Karl Irving (EJ Hayes)

Contenders: Cody Skelton (Central Hardin), Kairus Washington (Turkeyfoot)

240 Favorite: Matt Wheeler (Twenhofel)

Contenders: Chris Benton (EJ Hayes), Seth Anderson (McCreary County), Airen Spell (Purchase Area Pounders)

School Teams: Twenhofel, Campbell Co, Woodford Co, Johnson Co, EJ Hayes

Club Teams: River City, Walton Verona, Union Co, John Hardin, Shamrock

Rankings look pretty good. But there are a couple you've missed. But thats understandable you cant see every wrestler this early, especially out in the south east and western parts of the state. But a solid place to start from.

I'm sure there will be some more tough kids added to rangers list. I will say the 75lb girl from Taylor county is solid. There are some really good weight classes this year. I'm thinking 113 seems to be one of the toughest so far. The overall talent of kids seems to be getting better every year. It's pretty easy to see how many have man drastic improvements from last year. Good luck to them all

East Oldham seems to be the team to beat this year.  Very well coached and very impressive last week at Summit View.  Deckard at 80lbs seems legit and I think Tristan Ballinger at 86lbs is another contender.  He did lose in OT to Gentry Deck from Madison Co.  Deck should be somewhere on the list at 86 also.

I was surprised to see Holub at 92 last week.  I thought he was an 8th grader last year.  Tough kid to wrestle.  Hope he stays at 92 and my son stays at 86.

Deckard and Ballinger are the real deal great little wrestlers. So is the Deck kid from Madison. Deckard and my son had a great match at state last year Deckard end up pulling it out 4-3. I also thought Holub was a 8th grader last year. But Holub is a great wrestler and will contend at any weight hes at. I don't think you can tell much by the weights posted right now. Most will drop a class after Christmas or by districts by the latest if they can possibly. Blue could make 72 after Christmas but our plan is to keep him at 75. I don't really like cutting weight on 4th graders even if it is 2 or 3 lbs. Now if he was a 7th or 8th grader losing the 2 or 3 lbs would probably be considered.

Lane Seibert from Woodland will make some noise either 86, or at 80 if he loses a pound or two.  He's wrestled Ketchen-Carter twice, losing two tough matches (Their match in the NKAC finals was one of the best of the day), and lost to Goldsmith in an Ultimate Tiebreaker.  He's surprised quite a few people so far this year.

Deck from Madison is the real deal at 86 too.

After seeing a few more tournaments, the following kids are wrestling LIGHTS OUT!: Tylan Tucker, Mason Smith, Trent Johnson. A lot of kids looking good but these few kids are well ahead of others.

I was at Moore HS yesterday and some kids stood out to me. Particularly the River City boys such as Isaac Pledger 80, Garry Speed 92, and Cameron Ward 130. Pledger and Speed went undefeated but Ward lost one match to 4th ranked Reed Middleton which was a very close match. I believe these boys should be on this list. Can't wait to see how these boys perform in the weeks to come. Come see these boys at East Ohldam Duals next week. I bet they will be on the December list.

Big s/o to Clayton Boyd, Samuel, and Jacob Grandstaff for their showing this weekend at New Richmond.

Jacob was incredibly undersized, weighing at 70.0 and wrestling 86.0. He won the tournament in dominating fashion against an 8th grader who was a league champion last year. I can't fathom their being a better 75.0 or 70.0 pound wrestler in the state. I think this will finally be Jacob's year to win state. Samuel also looked outstanding. He was well under the weight limit at 80.0, only weighing in at 65.6 pounds. That didn't stop him to beat a league runner up from last year in the finals 4-0. I would love to see both boy's in the state finals this year against each other which I think is possible. I know Jacob is undefeated and Samuel's loss was to Whorton in OT. Mark my word-- NO ONE will beat Jacob Grandstaff at 70.0 in Kentucky. He is on another level this year. So proud of both these boys. 

Also great job to Clayton Boyd, who brushed off a sluggish start in the first two rounds to look outstanding in the semi's and finals. Clayton has put himself in a great position to be a state placer this year. 

Keep working hard boys. Although I crossed the river I'm still keeping a watchful eye!

I was at Moore HS yesterday and some kids stood out to me. Particularly the River City boys such as Isaac Pledger 80, Garry Speed 92, and Cameron Ward 130. Pledger and Speed went undefeated but Ward lost one match to 4th ranked Reed Middleton which was a very close match. I believe these boys should be on this list. Can't wait to see how these boys perform in the weeks to come. Come see these boys at East Ohldam Duals next week. I bet they will be on the December list.

i have to agree with this man tey have been working very hard at wrestling and are very good great job boys go get em tigers