Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

State Duals

Each region decides who will represent their region.

The top two teams in each region are the teams invited.

If there is a team that cannot make the state duals then an alternate team is selected.

Yeah this years state duals will be one of the best ones yet

Woodford

Larue

Fern Creek

Trinity

Sheldon Clark

Wayne

McCreary

Cambell County

North Hardin

could be some upsets and not for sure throw seneca in there and it could be crazy

A guess by region:

Region 1 - Union Co

Region 2 - Larue, North Hardin

Region 3 - None

Region 4 - Trinity, Seneca

Region 5 - Fern Creek, South Oldham

Region 6 - Ryle, Campbell Co

Region 7 - Woodford, Dunbar

Region 8 - Wayne Co, Sheldon Clark

Wild cards - for open spots (region 1 usually only sends one team and none from region 3 leaves 3 spots) - McCreary, Eastern,and Henry Clay as host.  John Hardin, Oldham Co, Harrison Co, and Scott should also get some consideration.

(I edited to include Fern Creek)

Ranger123 - does n. ky region determine who goes to state duals by the results of the NKAC?  isn't that how it goes?  I thought I heard that.  Please let me know if this is true.

Ranger123 - does n. ky region determine who goes to state duals by the results of the NKAC?  isn't that how it goes?  I thought I heard that.  Please let me know if this is true.

I think so.  That makes the most sense.  Region 7 also does a regional dual event that I think determines the entries.

thanks for the clarification.  i think sk will be definitely in the mix for one of the top 2 spots in n. ky.  where are the state duals hosted?  they sound like one of the most exciting events in ky wrestling....never been to one, would love to check it out.

Eastern usually gets a wild card spot but we got our butts handed 2 us at state duals last year, the main reason we went was so rupp could wrestle Starks and Jones again but both of them forfeited 2 Rupp, but Luna had one of the best matches with Lewis ever i beleive the final score was 5-4 if im not mistaken, but later tht day Luna told Coomes he did not fell strong enough to wrestle Vinsant but Coomes made him anyway and he said he lost on purpose, i didnt really like that but hey he got him at state

Nky has always used the NKAC to determine the teams that go to the state dual.

The NKAC use to be an 8 man tourney and the top two team points went.  Now they hold it as a 2 day event where all the district teams wrestle each other in duals. 

This is the 3rd year they will do the NKAC this way.  (I hope the last).

A guess by region:

Region 1 - Union Co

Region 2 - Larue, North Hardin

Region 3 - None

Region 4 - Trinity, Seneca

Region 5 - Fern Creek, South Oldham

Region 6 - Ryle, Campbell Co

Region 7 - Woodford, Dunbar

Region 8 - Wayne Co, Sheldon Clark

Wild cards - for open spots (region 1 usually only sends one team and none from region 3 leaves 3 spots) - McCreary, Eastern,and Henry Clay as host.  John Hardin, Oldham Co, Harrison Co, and Scott should also get some consideration.

(I edited to include Fern Creek)

Seneca is gunna beat trinity four the number one spot in region 4

thanks for the clarification.  i think sk will be definitely in the mix for one of the top 2 spots in n. ky.  where are the state duals hosted?  they sound like one of the most exciting events in ky wrestling....never been to one, would love to check it out.

Last year was the fitst time I have been since competing in it.  The intensity and electricity in the gym when Woodford and Larue were going head to head was like nothing I have seen.  It was one of the most exciting sporting events I have ever seen.  I literally had to stand up in the bleachers the entire dual to be able to see anything.

IM not a wrestler but i feel the need to comment on the 103 class > Martin was handily beaten by Smtih of Trinity 2 times last year and with natural improvement by both wrestlers still feel smith will prevail this year ? True martin fared bettter at state due to smith careless wrestlimg at regions and having to face a  much tougher draw at state! Look out for smith who will be much improved this year ?

Last year was the fitst time I have been since competing in it.  The intensity and electricity in the gym when Woodford and Larue were going head to head was like nothing I have seen.  It was one of the most exciting sporting events I have ever seen.  I literally had to stand up in the bleachers the entire dual to be able to see anything.

Well said Ranger! With all of the school consolidations..etc..that have taken place over the years, rivalries are almost non-existent anymore, not the case with the Hawks and Jackets though. I have been blessed to have witnessed a lot of state duals by having two sons who wrestle(d) and I have witnessed two wins by LC over WC. My oldest son was on the 99 team and I believe that match was in the semis but did not lack any of the intensity whatsoever. It would sure cap my wrestling parent career to grab the big trophy in Frankfort in February.

Yeah this years state duals will be one of the best ones yet

Woodford

Larue

Fern Creek

Trinity

Sheldon Clark

Wayne

McCreary

Cambell County

North Hardin

could be some upsets and not for sure throw seneca in there and it could be crazy

is't sc wayne and mc in the same region

1999 was the last state duals in which I attended.  I attended every state duals up till then.  (In the coaches chair).  They must have changed a lot since then.  I liked the competition but found the excitment lacking.  But that might have just been me.

The one big problem I see with the state duals is that there are still several teams that do not and will not attend the event.  I know in Nky there are always 1-3 coaches that say that they will not attend if they make it.  They do not want to loose their spot in another tourney they attend, or just don't want to make the long trip.  (most of these are the ones who only travel 30-45 minutes across the river into OH).

That leads to the second problem.  The teams that do not qualify have a hard time finding events to attend, because few hold events because they may make the state duals at one time.

Who do I need to contact about coming to the Duals?  We (Region 3) do plan on coming this year.  It will probaby be PRP and Bullitt Central.

If region 3 takes their 2 spots then who gets the lone wild card?  I think it has to be McCreary if they want it.  And does Henry Clay have to sit this one out?

I may be wrong but I believe that the host school gets the first available spot.  At least that is the way it has been in the past.

I think it would be very hard to expect a school to hold the state duals and not allow them in the tourney especially if there is an opening.

I agree, it has always been that the host school gets the first available spot.

This is all up to the KWCA. It is not a KHSAA sanctioned event.