Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 preseason September 29

I dunno about all this rankin stuff...but why are kids that placed at a weight last year in a different weight this year....like anderson Shane Carey at 135 is ranked 12th and he placed 8th at 130 last year and is even smaller this year,,, and me i am weighing 143 but am ranked at 152...personally i think this is some b.s.

Dont come on here makin posts like that.If you disagree with something have some respect.

Sammi, what have you done besides for placing 8th last year, to make you believe you deserve to be the top 4 in the state? And how do you think you earn the right to degrade everyone else ranked at 145 like that. Prove yourself down state. These rankings are great and fair, and im sure they are difficult to decide. So show some respect, I'd like to see you make some rankings.

As I have stated I don't hear from every wrestler and coach in the state.  All I know is that he qualified for state at 140 last season.  Thanks for clearing this up, but until you tell me these things I don't know about them.

Its all good...

With Mark Jones going 215, I think this should be bumped to the top again.  where will he fall in the rankings at 215.  #1 - #2  I wouldn't put him any lower than that not to take any thing away Chaney but Jones will take him. imho

I have a few questions on this possibility of Jones going 215.

1.  Is Jones a good Football player?

2.  If so, is this what is influencing him to go 215

3.  Can an kid jump from 171 to 215 and be that big of an impact.

remember 215 is in a class of its own.  It takes a combination of straight and ability to be at the top.

Grappler, let me be the first to stop this rumor. It's not going to happen. and to answer question # 1 - yes he is.

So when will the new Kentuckywrestling.com season rankings come out again??Its been awhile...

I'm waiting on a little more feedback from the first weeks of practice.  Some teams are just getting started.

The best I heard are rumors, Johnny, Josh could be big, both can stay down @ 160 (or,171, I think an old guy said that first), I really think there are going to be some wild changes! This is what this sight is about - discussion! Keep it UP!

The best I heard are rumors, Johnny, Josh could be big, both can stay down @ 160 (or,171, I think an old guy said that first)

HEY :-o who you callin old young'en?  As you can see by my picture I'm not that old.  :-D :-D

HEY :-o who you callin old young'en?  As you can see by my picture I'm not that old.  :-D :-D

lol you look like ur 12 in that pic...everyone wrestles in speedos these days..gooooosh who dont know that??? :-D :-D :wink: :wink:

Honestly, it looks like he is grapplin with some really weird swimming trunks,,,, underwear,,,,,,,, uh weird drawers of some sort,, Where is Rollie Fingers anyway?      LOL. I am probably older than you, just slower, too!

y is cliff cornett even mentioned in 112??? he wrestled 119 last year!!!!

I think he wrestled 119 because Zarth was at 112.  Now Zarth has grown and Cornett has maintained with the intent to drop to 112.  It wouldn't be the first time someone has dropped a weight from one year to the next.  Derek Sawyer from Eastern was a state champ at 215 in 2002 and dropped to 189 in 2003.  Unfortunately for him he was runner-up that year.

how come harrison is ranked so low. They have beaten alt of teams on the rankings that are above us.

Just because you beat them last season doesn't have a lot to do with this season.  You don't have Kendall, Wasson, Ross, Doyle, or Aubrey in the lineup this season.

yeah ya got a point there. I think wasson may be coming back, but hank aint wrestlin.

I don't know what Whalen's deal is, but there is a much, much better chance he gets on the mat than Wasson this season.