Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List - Preseason 2013/2014

I didn't get a chance to really dig into this, but it is a start. And we really do need to do a better job getting grades on these guys. Give me some feedback over the next few weeks and I will post an update around the KSWA state meeting time.

70 Favorite: Blake Whorton (John Hardin)
Contenders: Zeke Escalera (Union County), Jacob Grandstaff (Conner), Samuel Grandstaff (Conner), Zach Wells (Campbell County)

75 Favorite: Carson Deckard (East Oldham)
Contenders: Nicolas Brown (University Heights), Trevor Frietsch (Twenhofel), Connor Goldsmith (North Oldham), Bradley Miller (EJ Hayes)

80 Favorite: Tom Ketchen-Carter (Campbell County)
Contenders: Shay Horton (Ryle), Brenden Pye (Woodland), Sam Sisco (Graves County), Zach Taylor (North Oldham), Brandon Miller (EJ Hayes)

86 Favorite: Tylan Tucker (Woodford County)
Contenders: Clay Fitzhugh (River CIty), Drew Johnson (North Oldham), Eddie Agulto (Christian County)

92 Favorite: Blake Roth (Walton Verona)
Contenders: Micah Ervin (Union County), Nate Wheeler (East Oldham)

98 Favorite: Saul Ervin (Union County)
Contenders: Konner Kraeszig (River City), Adam Bender (Blugrass WC)

105 Favorite: Ryan Moore (Campbell County)
Contenders: Brock Whorton (John Hardin), Zane Brown (Shamrock), Jakob McClintic (East Oldham), Braden Mulcahy (Walton Verona)

113 Favorite: Mason Smith (Walton Verona)
Contenders: Garrett McCloud (Johnson County), Steven Livers (John Hardin)

121 Favorite: Trent Johnson (John Hardin)
Contenders: Dylan Gray (Caldwell County), Noah Hammond (Walton Verona)

130 Favorite: ?
Contenders: ?

140 Favorite: Diion Leavell (Christian County)

152 Favorite: Blake Gamble (Johnson County)
Contenders: Kadin Kulmer (Shamrock)

168 Favorite: Blake Denny (EJ Hayes)
Contenders: Chase Lanham (Shamrock)

190 Favorite: Ray Karl Irving (EJ Hayes)

230 Favorite: ?
Contenders: Chris Benton (EJ Hayes), Kairus Washington (Turkeyfoot)

School Teams: Campbell Co, Twenhofel, Christian Co, Woodford Co, Johnson Co
Club Teams: River City, Walton Verona, Union Co, Fern Creek, John Hardin

Will be in 8th grade Calloway Mills 168 6th at state. Will be in 7th grade Ethan French 130 went to state ( don't know if he deserves to be ranked) both bourbon county.

Garret McCloud will be back also. He wrestled well last year. Lost to Dylan Gray And Sheffer at state. Those were his only 2 loses of the year in middle school. He should be on the list.

Gotta include the Hudgins brothers from Harrison County.  They have been working hard in the off season practicing with Team KY and competing in the Belt Series tourneys.  Brent Hudgins(7th grade) should contend @ 75 and Tyler Hudgins (6th grade) made it to state as a 5th grader and won a match and competed well against the top placers.  He should contend @ 80.

One of the most impressive wrestlers I have seen in the off season has to be Ketchen-Carter.  I don't see anyone touching him.  The kid is quick and has a refuse to lose attitude.  Hard to break his will.  Horton is pretty crafty also.  The 80lb class looks tough!

80lbs should be pretty strong. Don't forget about Trey Barber from Woodford and the Miller Twins from EJH. They all made state last yr and the Woodford kid had only been wrestling for 4months ever when he made state.

Ranger

Here are few kids from my team that I think should make some noise next season.

Isham Peace 70

Tristen Spalding 75

Jayden Streine 75 or 80

Logan Harris 98

Braden Mulcahy 105

Noah Hammond 121

Enjoy...just thought I would give these kids a plug! LOL

I really believe Blue deserves to be on the list at 70lbs. Last year as a 3rd grader he wrestled Carson Decker to a 4-3 match at state and his match with Gavin Brown was a lot closer then it ended up 8-3. He had to attempt a throw at the end and gave up a take down. He beat the Wells kid 1-0 a year ago.

That's my 2 cents.

You should talk to your coach and head north to CC on Dec 7 or Walton on Dec 14. Plenty of those top lightweight kids will be at those events.

Chanse Lanham with Shamrock Wrestling Club is a returning state qualifier at 162.

CJ Kenworthy with Shamrock is a returning state qualifier at 113.

Darrius Biddix with Shamrock is a returning state qualifer at 121.

Jack Cummings with Shamrock is a returning state qualifier at 80.

You should come up to one of our camps this summer/fall. Jesse Leng (st Paris graham) comes to Campbell county in the fall for a hammer camp and there will be a number of tough little guys for plenty of live goes.

Blue has worked with the St Paris Graham bunch before, their great with the guys. When is your camps I'd love to bring him up. Sounds like it's going to be a great camp.

That would be great but not sure they'll travel that far. I just dont understand how Blue Fletcher isn't listed. He wrestled your 2 favorites at 75lbs to close matches. He lost to Decker 4-3 but really should've won. Had him stuck on his back in a whip but wasn't awarded any points for it. Lost to Gavin Brown 8-3 but the match was much closer than that. Had to let Brown up in the 3rd to attempt a throw and didn't work out so a 5-3 match turns to a 8-3 match. Blue qualified for middle school state the last 2 years as a 2nd and 3rd grader the guys listed above didn't as far as I know. The kids listed above are great kids and great wrestlers but so is Blue. I know Blue beat a couple kids this year pretty easily that have beaten the kids you have listed above. heck he's beaten 2 of the kids you have listed.

Look Sir, Blue is a great 3rd grader as you have told everyone but he didn't get screwed when he wrestled Carson in a close match 3 to 2.  When he wrestled Gavin he lost 9 to 0 and it wasn't close.  I saw both matches and even have it recorded the one with Gavin if you would like to see it.  I also think KY state brackets have the score to be 9 to 0.  Just let his wrestling get him on the list and not you. There are a couple of tough tournaments during the year. 

• Upvote 1

Brenden Pye from Woodland will contend at 75 or 80 this year.  Went 1-1 in two close matches with Ketchen-Carter last year, and 1-1 against one of the Grandstaff's.  One other kid from Woodland, Gerald Seeney, beat two state qualifiers last year, finished 5th in a tough 113 weight class in districts, has some quality wins this spring, may not deserve a ranking this early, but should be a state qualifier at 113 or 121 depending on how much he grows.

Man you got a lot of time "Bluesdad"! if your kid loves it and you're willing to sacrifice (a lot of dads don't really know what that means), blue will be on that list soon enough.  Don't forget to enjoy the process by the way, because it flies by.

Brenden Pye from Woodland will contend at 75 or 80 this year. Went 1-1 in two close matches with Ketchen-Carter last year, and 1-1 against one of the Grandstaff's. One other kid from Woodland, Gerald Seeney, beat two state qualifiers last year, finished 5th in a tough 113 weight class in districts, has some quality wins this spring, may not deserve a ranking this early, but should be a state qualifier at 113 or 121 depending on how much he grows.

Good catch. Pye really impressed me this post season. He will definitely be a contender.

The following Hayes kids will be returning.

State qualifiers with new 2013-2014 weights

Bradley Miller 75-80

Brandon Miller 80-86

Spencer Carmen 113

Blake Denny 152/168 Placed 5th (152)

Ray Karl Irving 190 Place 4th (168)

Chris Benton 230 Placed 1 st youth state

Man you got a lot of time "Bluesdad"! if your kid loves it and you're willing to sacrifice (a lot of dads don't really know what that means), blue will be on that list soon enough.  Don't forget to enjoy the process by the way, because it flies by.

Willing to sacrifice, sacrifice is all we do. Traveling 3 to 6 hours away in surrounding states every weekend to find matches in the youth circuit. Practice 5 days a week 45 minutes from my house. I put the money and time in and he supplies the blood, sweat, and tears. So this dad and son very much knows what that means.

I enjoy it very much. I enjoy all the sports he plays.

The following Hayes kids will be returning.

State qualifiers with new 2013-2014 weights

Bradley Miller 75-80

Brandon Miller 80-86

Spencer Carmen 113

Blake Denny 152/168 Placed 5th (152)

Ray Karl Irving 190 Place 4th (168)

Chris Benton 230 Placed 1 st youth state

I agree the Miller boys have improved and are great lil wrestlers