Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

new programs

ya because I remember half mentioning McCracken being in region 1 last year. Pretty much outside of schools with wrestling, some 2A football programs and District 7/Region 2 for soccer I am not the best when it comes to location of schools.

Taylor County has very strong coaching. The HS team had 4 former Campbellsville wrestlers from KY, VI and OH working with them all season. They are starting a freestyle/Greco club team for youth - high school beginning in March. The MS coaching will be just as strong. The potential is crazy.

• Upvote 1

Taylor County has very strong coaching. The HS team had 4 former Campbellsville wrestlers from KY, VI and OH working with them all season. They are starting a freestyle/Greco club team for youth - high school beginning in March. The MS coaching will be just as strong. The potential is crazy.

As it should be! C-burg has a great program going. I keep asking this question, but haven't gotten an answer--Does anyone know if C-burg has considered NCAA Div II?

Campbellsville has considered it but I don't see it happening. They are an NAIA powerhouse in most sports. There are a lot more restrictions as far as scholarships and eligibility. They could make the jump but the administration doesn't think there is enough benefit in doing so. I guess it's always up for debate, but it won't happen anytime soon.

Interesting. Notre Dame College made the jump. C-burg is so strong in other sports too. Also seems like they're trying to grow the school based in all the commercials and ads we see in Louisville.