Slow ride

team ky

I did , ultimate OT with all that goes with it a great match and everyone seemed fired up I don't think the Ohio guys like losing to KY boys but it happens :) .

Saw some great wrestling the last two weeks I think everyone learned that off season wrestling isn't off season and only the best off the best show up its a much higher caliber of wrestling all around , the rules seemed different at both tournys I saw in Virginia Beach kids basically wrestled way out of bounds college stuff I guess , I think the two weeks took its toll on some and may have actually kept others sharp ,Glad I could

Make both tournys a great finish for Stephens HS career seeing him unleash his arsenal picks trips throws slide byes I saw him hit it all and he worked all positions this tourny taking a loss from what obviously was a mistake And a bad match as far as choices and wrestling goes then come back firing getting hurt and wrestling the smartest I have ever seen him wrestle to get another win and surpass what he did at nat last yr in a tougher field of SRs , got to see Austin battle two weeks in a row showing some endurance and desire and got to see him shut up all the haters taking out three state runner ups and more placers as well as some highly ranked kids , saw him tested hard bloodied and tired and saw him come through simply wanting it more than the next guy . Also saw some kids get some air time :) and saw him pin the majority of kids he wrestled , got to see Brock show how its done see Trae get his butt kicked one period and come back for a win saw some of our own kids battle hard being beat up over a couple weeks , saw Courtney make some

Mistakes but get some key pins when the team was getting beat up saw some kids out of their league but still battling hard saw a few kids missing ????? Meiman and Boston were sorely missed but opened up spots for others , surprised more srs didn't hit the tournys but I guess it was a long yr or career for some ,

Belks match I thought the locking hands was cheap as it looked like a shot and he didn't have time to release a quick call but he won ,

I thought Trae was stuck for sure but he came back and got the pin , I saw Fausz lose one I know he could have won easily just a scrambling awkward match and he looked a bit undersisesd 5 + is a lot , saw some guys gas who wouldn't have duiring the yr showing me they didn't prepare properly , saw my son go undefeated two yrs in a row in season and out going undefeated in two nat tournys in a row two yrs in a row , and saw another who made it possible

For him to do become an AA every yr he wrestled in HS , a good yr and career for one son. The biggest tournament in the world is still ahead this yr and looking forward to next yr more and more .

Some great people and fans In wrestling , also some dumb ones , I enjoy the pic of my son on the mat in defeat as his opponent arrogantly gestures ,And the comments and remarks made at and after state towards two kids who just the yr before were complimented so much on their sportsmanship , beating the best of the best giving everyone what they wanted only to get dumped on by classless people who do not understand the sport but learned how a champion reacts to a defeat last week even if it is ignored by most , 220 becomes the most desolate class in ky history haters will remark how weak it is to avoid giving credit to someone who dominates it , idiots will say its champion ran by staying in his own class while khsaa athletes of the yr run from him and people who post degrading pics of kids making gestures after matches while showing others in defeat will have nothing to show or post about except beatings and how classless the Man dishing out their beatings is because ATM is the Man and nothing is forgotten or forgiven ,

Thanks for the inspiration , none of your wrestlers can compare none ever will an Austin is going to embarrass your team your wrestlers and your coaches for allowing it , and no one can or will do a thing about it :)

And ranger I may be setting in the stands or somewhere Mat side and not in the corner like a coach as you said But don't fool yourself you could never and will never be able to coach or train a wrestler like Austin you could

Move to Sr Paris train your whole team there three times a day home school

Them all and still couldn't create an Austin ,

You dumped on your own champs for a pat on the back from a team coach and state that laughs and mocks you . Your records are Austin's Stephen is your schools first ever sr AA and you can take all the kids you want to graham or anywhere else and kiss up to them ,

Your comment about being able to coach my kid while I set in the stands was arrogance and stupidity at its best in thinking you could actually coach an Austin or coach him

Better than me you have shown your complete lack of knowledge about him myself and the sport , :) stick to the little guys

• Downvote 2

Two kids from Campbell were wrestling with a torn Meniscus - Matthews 182 lb. and Turner 170 lb. - you guys are both fighters - way to hang in there through all your matches - GREAT job guys!!!!!!!

Is there a list of the wrestlers representing team ky at fargo?

Is there a list of the wrestlers representing team ky at fargo?

Nonsensical rants for weeks , ok , thought I just posted about nationals nat duals and Fargo , and the kids I saw at the tournaments particularly my own and their teammates ,

As for nonsensical , everyone who read your post about not letting refs determine matches and so as so being your friend couldn't understand your reasoning for even posting not even your own schools coaches wrestlers and parents , when you could have simply not commented at all , evidently refs can control outcomes of matches at times and your schools wrestlers have had many determine theirs this season across the river where your good friend is king lol .

All I need to know about someone is they obviously chose to side against my kid when he was obviously wronged , all because he is bandwagon jumping sycophant out for a pat on the back from the big dogs up north ,

As for the taunt about you being able to coach my kid while I have to sit in the stands I could write volumes but I will only say I have coached him more and know him better than anyone probably ever will and am far more capable of doing so than yourself . But it's easy to coach when all you have to do is set there and watch a force of nature do its thing :) and I haven't bragged at all lately haven't even started , some people seem to have a strange sense of what accomplishment is in the sport or how to deal with wins and losses ,

I posted more about Team Ky and the kids at Nat than anyone else because I have discovered most people are timid when it comes to posting ,I am not, and I tried to post about all the kids I saw at these tournaments and perhaps give some people the feel of how these tournys are through my own eyes or perspective I have talked to many who would not do things as I do but do appreciate the acknowledgment of their kids accomplishments and enjoy some nonsensical ramblings particularly when nothing is going on or being said on the forums ,

You as a mod let people post pics of my kid while someone who barely beat him posed arrogantly while rather than simply shake hands as my kids had done till that point , then I read where everyone blasted my other son for doing the same , just making sure everything is understood , its not over by a long shot not with you or the other haters outside or inside CC ,

As for bragging ATM becomes CC first ever three timer next yr running away and being an undefeated Soph with two nat titles and two undefeated runs at nat duals , I don't have to Brag or tell you where he needs to be ranked as I dd before his fresh yr although I was only kidding then I knew where he would end up , didn't realize he would do as well as he did and had no clue someone so close to his or their own school would take the other side of an obvious wrong done against them but its all good and will be even better in July I suspect ATM to capture an AA and if he doesn't oh well he ha two more shots and will be a double AA then I will write a book on a few sites .

Team ky looked great to me until the last dual I call it as I see it many kids collapsed and lost their momentum , Brock, Justin Lampe , Austin , seemed to be ready for more and not want it to end , Shawn fought hard but i think he got flustered and taken out of his game due more to wrestling kids not only good but obviously bigger , Trae battled hard not sure he was totally fired up at tournys end or not Miller wrestled well and is better than most know Im nit sure how many top level tournys he has done but with some strength he could be very very good , The other lightweight were beast at times vegas is very impressive and the other lightweight kid seemed a bit out of his league but fought very hard and I enjoyed talking to him he quickly asked what he did wrong and that shows his intelligence and will to improve , Turner looked good and improving knowing he was hurt says a lot still find it hard to figure out what he is thinking when he wrestles perhaps that is his style "no set style " , Mathews looked great for most of the beginnings of his matches I think his conditioning was off as he fell off as the matches went on I know he had a tough go last week but when I saw him at NHSCA he seemed to be himself but I did not see all or even a whole match he wrestle last week You cannot expect to hang with guys at that level when your nor at your best shape , the Hvy was very impressive with huge potential once again a big ky boy shows there are studs at all classes in KY. I hear some jr high kids handled their business out west , congrats to them .

The second half of your post above is fabulous. We need more of that, especially in the off season. More recognition of the efforts of kids competing nationally and their success is great.

Rants about me siding against Stephen does nothing productive for the sport, our program, or Stephen. Trust me I received no pat on the back for my opinion on the questionable call. Jordan could care less what my opinion is on that match. It is what it is. We all have our opinion what the right call was, but either way it doesn't change the outcome so it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

The only posts I have made until today lately were like the second half of my post, and you being at CC siding against Stephen when the rest of the state and most of the buckeye state did not says everything anyone needs to know about you .

The nail in the coffin ??? If you mean CCs it was shut before Stephens match if your dumb enough which you are , to mean Stephen ,then that coffin was never shut after two yrs of beating the best in ky losing by a point to someone he handled easily earlier in the yr I think he just awoke from the dead and snatched an AA while someone stayed home !!!!!!

As for celebrating you your pic and your team are tacky an ATM will use your wrestlers for nails if they don't hide like every one else from Louisville did from him this yr , remember someone for whatever you wish but remember who beat who how bad and who did what , an remember Austin will beat the hell out of anyone wearing an x by a lot more than one or six as Stephen did in a real tournament ,lol

And remember nothing wrong with celebrating when Austin looks at your coaches and laughs and flashes his own sign to the crowd as the trainers are helping kids from x of the mat next yr

Seriously showboating after a one point win lover someone who has done ten times what you have ever done in the sport and obviously continues to is kind if ignorant particularly when he leaves a brother behind like Austin , I have some pics for you :) and I will have more shortly !!!!

OK call me stupid.  Everyone else does. :D But celebrating when you win your first state championship is expected.  It's what I enjoy most in the state finals.  To see a kid that excited over a simple sporting event that ultimately means little to the rest of his life is very enjoyable.   I know people say "act like you've been there", he couldn't he was never there before.  I know if I would have won a state title I would have looked like a fool out there celebrating.  (oh wait a minute that's actually no different than I normally act) Oh well you know what I mean.  And doing it against someone you were not suppose to beat?? oh man.  Just think if you had the opportunity to wrestle Dan Gable in his prime and you knew you were the underdog and somehow you beat him in the NCAA finals.  WOW you would be more excited about that than if you pinned your way through another wt. class. 

Unfortunately in our great sport to succeed it must be at the cost of someone else (the one who lost).  With that said I also enjoy watching how the second placer acts after his loss.  I greatly admire those that can walk off the mat with class after a loss. (Which I saw happen in that match). 

As for the picture.  Take it for what it is.  Its a picture of this kids most exciting moment so far in his young life.  He will have many more moments that will top this one, but at this point its his greatest moment.  And his parents were lucky enogh to get this time frozen in time, and want to show the world the moment and how proud they are of their little child.

As usual these are the rantings of GOO nothing more and nothing less, and in the grand sceme of things mean very little to anyone.  GOO OUT> :ph34r:

Well goo they should have used the picture of their child celebrating not mine on the mat in despair , you seem to miss the point WE were never like that WE would

Never do that my boys would have never done that , in all honesty Stephen would have helped his opponent up of the mat as he did Cooper when he beat him , that's class something you and some others seem to have overlooked about Stephen Austin and the sport and something X ,whoever wildcat is , if its Frenchs parents or whoever it is ,know little about , it will never happen again after the garbage at state and on this site use a pic of your own kid not mine , of course the best pictures are taken at the best tournaments , I see Stephen standing on the podium at nationals a SR All American thats a much bigger statement and much more

Meaningful pic than any i have seen on this site ,regardless of the busted hand he got at state before the match with French and the shoulder he injured in his match to place and still going on , while some kids stayed home afraid to test the bigger waters . Act like you have been there I think thats what every coach tells their kids and what i always told my own sons .but obviously few have been there as I saw a lot of showboating , and I haven't seen some go anywhere else ,

Well Austin is going where he or no one else in Ky has gone before a place Stephen has been already , on two podiums in North Dakota , then he will set his sights on another title for Ranger and Goo and CC ti enjoy . and he will act as his opponents have ,the picture is funny now but it should be changed maybe to a rabbit Hole ,

And wildcat this is a thread about Team KY ,LOL I have only seen one kid in your pic representing the state lately and its mine ,:)

As for the idiotic blasts by people from x about Austin his class and him not doing anything , dream on there isn't a lightweight middleweight or Hvy weight in the history of X or Louisville who could touch what he has done or will do , picture that and picture him dominating for two more years as I gloat in the stands while I'm taki g pics of kids laying on the mat as he makes ignorant cocky gestures and I post them ,

• Downvote 2

Team Ky did very well Illinois came with two very tough teams Indiana with a couple and one very tough team , Ohio brought four or five teams , not sure why they were in such dissaray ,seems a couple coaches could have got together and made an A Team , Ky could probably take three teams if they wanted I think the kids would come out but it would be hard to have three deep competitive in this tourny , saw some big Boys from Colorodo and elsewhere ,Pa had some studs but obviously not their best , great facilities , cool cops much thanks for not giving me a ticket for driving down a one way street lol have to take care of the tourists .

Well heck Mpire you were only going one way on that one way street. 

Either that or they saw you were one of us Kentucky people and figured you couldn't read anyway. :P

Hey ignorance is bliss.  which is why I am always blissfull. :huh:  :ph34r:

Nonsensical rants for weeks , ok , thought I just posted about nationals nat duals and Fargo , and the kids I saw at the tournaments particularly my own and their teammates ,

As for nonsensical , everyone who read your post about not letting refs determine matches and so as so being your friend couldn't understand your reasoning for even posting not even your own schools coaches wrestlers and parents , when you could have simply not commented at all , evidently refs can control outcomes of matches at times and your schools wrestlers have had many determine theirs this season across the river where your good friend is king lol .

All I need to know about someone is they obviously chose to side against my kid when he was obviously wronged , all because he is bandwagon jumping sycophant out for a pat on the back from the big dogs up north ,

As for the taunt about you being able to coach my kid while I have to sit in the stands I could write volumes but I will only say I have coached him more and know him better than anyone probably ever will and am far more capable of doing so than yourself . But it's easy to coach when all you have to do is set there and watch a force of nature do its thing :) and I haven't bragged at all lately haven't even started , some people seem to have a strange sense of what accomplishment is in the sport or how to deal with wins and losses ,

I posted more about Team Ky and the kids at Nat than anyone else because I have discovered most people are timid when it comes to posting ,I am not, and I tried to post about all the kids I saw at these tournaments and perhaps give some people the feel of how these tournys are through my own eyes or perspective I have talked to many who would not do things as I do but do appreciate the acknowledgment of their kids accomplishments and enjoy some nonsensical ramblings particularly when nothing is going on or being said on the forums ,

You as a mod let people post pics of my kid while someone who barely beat him posed arrogantly while rather than simply shake hands as my kids had done till that point , then I read where everyone blasted my other son for doing the same , just making sure everything is understood , its not over by a long shot not with you or the other haters outside or inside CC ,

As for bragging ATM becomes CC first ever three timer next yr running away and being an undefeated Soph with two nat titles and two undefeated runs at nat duals , I don't have to Brag or tell you where he needs to be ranked as I dd before his fresh yr although I was only kidding then I knew where he would end up , didn't realize he would do as well as he did and had no clue someone so close to his or their own school would take the other side of an obvious wrong done against them but its all good and will be even better in July I suspect ATM to capture an AA and if he doesn't oh well he ha two more shots and will be a double AA then I will write a book on a few sites .

Team ky looked great to me until the last dual I call it as I see it many kids collapsed and lost their momentum , Brock, Justin Lampe , Austin , seemed to be ready for more and not want it to end , Shawn fought hard but i think he got flustered and taken out of his game due more to wrestling kids not only good but obviously bigger , Trae battled hard not sure he was totally fired up at tournys end or not Miller wrestled well and is better than most know Im nit sure how many top level tournys he has done but with some strength he could be very very good , The other lightweight were beast at times vegas is very impressive and the other lightweight kid seemed a bit out of his league but fought very hard and I enjoyed talking to him he quickly asked what he did wrong and that shows his intelligence and will to improve , Turner looked good and improving knowing he was hurt says a lot still find it hard to figure out what he is thinking when he wrestles perhaps that is his style "no set style " , Mathews looked great for most of the beginnings of his matches I think his conditioning was off as he fell off as the matches went on I know he had a tough go last week but when I saw him at NHSCA he seemed to be himself but I did not see all or even a whole match he wrestle last week You cannot expect to hang with guys at that level when your nor at your best shape , the Hvy was very impressive with huge potential once again a big ky boy shows there are studs at all classes in KY. I hear some jr high kids handled their business out west , congrats to them .

As for Turner's style - I think it's because he has only been wrestling since 8th grade - he is not a lifetimer like most kids - I think it's pretty impressive what he has accomplished - Qualified for State 8th - 10th grade - placed 5th at state this year - very athletic kid - has started for Varsity football since sophmore year - very few sophs get to play let alone start

Good kid seemed to get better as the year went on and the off season tournys will help him for sure ,Think CC returns a lot with him Mathews Fausz Austin Sparh Maggard and the rest ,I think he is the sole Placer who will be a Sr next yr ,if I'm not mistaken .

Woolf could be a monster , heard the Connor 8 th grade kid is headed to la Salle another great wrestler from ky as well , that s(k$ .nice recruiting

Probably all backs / linebacker wrestler mentality skill :) what does Woolf play

Not many lightweights play my boy played when he weighed 112 , lots of excuses from both sports to avoid the other , proud of all those that do both !!!!

Yeah ,the boys told me that , a great pee wee league and Colerain had the baddest HS team in the country for a yr or so Byrds Goodman Revels , and a bunch more I can't remember ,

Mr Simpson hahahahah