Sign in to follow this  
bigedcoach

Track Wrestling value

I have help run tournaments for 20 years in this state by computer, except for fast results reporting to the public that isnt in attendance, is this service really worth the $225 per tournament price. They do have a nice stats program but what are the advantages of this over the Peferred Ed software that cost just $149 for life?

I have not heard that the price tag is $225.  I have used trackwrestling to run a number of tournaments of the past few years and the bulk of them are in the $100-150 range depending on the number of participants.  The Raider Rumble has between 16-18 wrestlers on average per weight class and the price is about $150.  The difference being the options to customize and the real time results for the fans that can not attend the event themselves. 

Biggest advantages of track over PES:

1. Real time scoring and results
  2. Customized seeding criteria and ranking.....once the criteria is entered it places the seeds automatically.......easy!
  3. Availability of brackets and custom building of brackets
  4. Bout Board.....the mat assignment system helps keep the tournament flowing and cuts down on confusion as to who is wrestling and who is coming up
  5. Ability to email results to Media Contacts.  Each team can enter a media contact to send results to and the tournament manager with a few clicks can send those results to the newspaper of their choice
  6. Individual Match Results (which are mandatory now) are entered automatically for each team automatically at the end of the tournament

I really enjoy using trackwrestling and hope that it is here to stay with the KHSAA.  It really helps when all the teams have their results in, it should make seed meetings go much quicker when you can have the common opponents researched before the meeting

and you can always find results.  With PES unless someone emails or posts on a forum like this you may not get to see full results or completed brackets

like I said, its the cost of even $100 to $150 per tournament seems a little high vs a good manager of tournys. I was going off the cost of doing the JCTC in Louisville a 22-23 team tourny in Louisville. I like the comcept of track and being intergrated with everything. Im just curious about the cost and what you get. I think you pay track and get what I think is very little. I guess Ill see a lot this weekend at regions but you can do everything with PES except seed. You just need a manager that actually does their job.

like I said, its the cost of even $100 to $150 per tournament seems a little high vs a good manager of tournys. I was going off the cost of doing the JCTC in Louisville a 22-23 team tourny in Louisville. I like the comcept of track and being intergrated with everything. Im just curious about the cost and what you get. I think you pay track and get what I think is very little. I guess Ill see a lot this weekend at regions but you can do everything with PES except seed. You just need a manager that actually does their job.

If you run a tournament with track and PES you will realize that it is actually more work for the tournament manager in trackwrestling.  The customization is a great feature, but all those options require set up.  PES is a great straight forward program and I still use it for the JV Rumble every year, but it has some limitations when compared to trackwrestling.

If you run a tournament with track and PES you will realize that it is actually more work for the tournament manager in trackwrestling.  The customization is a great feature, but all those options require set up.  PES is a great straight forward program and I still use it for the JV Rumble every year, but it has some limitations when compared to trackwrestling.

If its more expensive, shouldnt it be easier on the manager or less work. I would love to be able to afford their scoreboards.

If its more expensive, shouldnt it be easier on the manager or less work. I would love to be able to afford their scoreboards.

Once the tournament is running the work is really minimal.  It is just the set up and customizing to your wants and needs for your event.  Setting up the bout board to do what you want.  If you want to do paperless and all matside scoring that is an option.  The variety of bracket types to choose from.  When you are making changes like a kid moving a weight class it is easier.  Having the event "Live" and available for everyone to follow is a big one......we even add the links to our video feed right on trackwrestling for the Rumble

The SWOWCA uses Sikora . The advantages are no paper at all (if you have enough laptops), instant updating of team scores when matches end, and ability to get the results out quickly. The disadvantage is it's VERY expensive

• Upvote 1

1. Individual Match Results (which are mandatory now) are entered automatically for each team automatically at the end of the tournament

If it is mandatory why doesn't every team enter their results? 

What happens to them if they don't?

If it is mandatory why doesn't every team enter their results? 

What happens to them if they don't?

Well KHSAA fines programs that dont report for soccer and other sports

We try

KickEmOut does know this TrackWrestling program. And, he is very helpful to a 1st time user. Albeit small, when you can run a regional tournament in a single evening that says volumes.

Another huge benefit of track over PES is printing out sheets. I found using PES it was faster manually writing bout sheets. Not that it ever happens, but in the unlikely event a mistake is made, you do not have to restart the tourney with Track to make the correction.

Bigedcoach, a coat/benefit analysis says we should go back to paper&no 2 pencils. Of course, that's because there is $0 calculated for labor.