legrider

State results

Mason ended up 3rd. Way to come back and finish strong.

Bluesdad, you said Geordon is about 6 years older than your boy. How old Is your boy? He is a very good wrestler but geez he's been wrestling middle for it seems like an eternity. He should dominate.

Blue just turned 9 and Geordon is 14 so now it's just a 5 year difference bad math on my part...lol. Yeah Geordon has been wrestling middlenschool for a while I think he started when he was in 2nd grade the same as Blue.

MOW has got to be Geordon Blanton he has absolutely dominated!

what about keirns??? He destroyed everyone!!!

What about Kearns?

I agree with you.. What about Kearns???? Destroyed everyone!!!!! But as usual big guys get the shaft

what about keirns??? He destroyed everyone!!!

I agree with you.. What about Kearns???? Destroyed everyone!!!!! But as usual big guys get the shaft

What about Branch at 130? Did not have a point scored against him the whole tournament.

Wasn't there so don't know for sure. My gut tells me sheffer got it because of his entire body of work and 4 titles. Especially if this is the first state mow for him (don't recall if he's received one at state...don't believe so.) Coaches probably felt he deserved it for that reason alone. Also, the heavier weights aren't usually as competitive. There is usually A lot more balance in the lighter weights and frankly more talent and way more technique. Might not like it but seems to be the case year in and year out. That being said I didn't see too much of this years talent in middle school so don't know for sure.

By the way by saying heavys got the shaft diminishes Sheffers MOW which I'm sure is well deserved. Be happy the young man won a state title which is more than most will ever accomplish.

I agree hvys do get overlooked but not always , they are expected to pin more than lighter weights which isn't always fair , and most people believe they are not as competitive or skill stacked as lightweights wich is generally true but it usually takes a different type of athlete a different set of skills to do well as a big kid . If a big kid continuously dominates he will get his props but I think they have to be much more of a standout than the lighter weight guys . And Mow are usually popularity contests rather than actual tourny performance awards , go for the pin award or something your kid can control its more rewarding .

No matter who wins MOW there will always be other opinions .

Several were worthy

105 beat the 2nd 3rd and forth place kids and did not have a point scored on him ( 4 x champ probably didn't hurt either )

113 what a lot consider the early favorite

121 Blanton dominated

140 woodford kid was tough

168 not sure but I bet Hille? pinned all his opponents

Hvy dominated too

I wouldn't of had a problem with any of these getting ,I'm sure there is some I didn't see

I agree wky. There were a lot of good options this year. I had a hard time choosing. 113 as well as 92 had some good showdowns along the way. A number of weights had kids that were flat out dominant. Tough tough call. Many deserving kids this year.

Not a bad idea to consider a lightweight and heavyweight.

I was at the mat when the Smith kid got pinned, I thought it was a good call on the pin.  I'm not a fan of the head and arm, but he got caught and the kid from Central Hardin is strong.  The kid from Central Hardin placed either 5th or 6th I'm not sure.  Smith came back and wrestled terrific, I believe he stuck his opponent for 3rd.  

The other match I also happened to be at that mat, IMO, I thought the correct wrestler won the match.  Even if the clock didn't start for 10 sec, I thought he got the reversal within that last 4 seconds, not sure there was any time for near fall points.  I didn't know either kid and it would be awful for either kid to have to lose that way.  I don't know what the rule was on the call either, our match was delayed probably 10 minutes while the head ref tried to figure out that call.  Waiting to coach the next match though, I thought he had the reversal and the win.  That's just my opinion though.

Did anybody see Oxford's standing granby in the semis?  He was on bottom, stood up, the guy did a lift and return.  On the way down, Oxford's feet touched for just a second and he granby'd for an escape.  What a move!  I think the middle school competition has improved tremendously, even from last year.

Did anybody see Oxford's standing granby in the semis? He was on bottom, stood up, the guy did a lift and return. On the way down, Oxford's feet touched for just a second and he granby'd for an escape. What a move! I think the middle school competition has improved tremendously, even from last year.

I seen it!!! Funny thing I had just talked to my son about the granby. Then he hit that!!! It was great

I was at the mat when the Smith kid got pinned, I thought it was a good call on the pin.  I'm not a fan of the head and arm, but he got caught and the kid from Central Hardin is strong.  The kid from Central Hardin placed either 5th or 6th I'm not sure.  Smith came back and wrestled terrific, I believe he stuck his opponent for 3rd.  

The other match I also happened to be at that mat, IMO, I thought the correct wrestler won the match.  Even if the clock didn't start for 10 sec, I thought he got the reversal within that last 4 seconds, not sure there was any time for near fall points.  I didn't know either kid and it would be awful for either kid to have to lose that way.  I don't know what the rule was on the call either, our match was delayed probably 10 minutes while the head ref tried to figure out that call.  Waiting to coach the next match though, I thought he had the reversal and the win.  That's just my opinion though.

Just wanted to say that the kid who Smith "stuck" for 3rd had a 2yr break from wrestling and had only started wrestling again for 1month 1/2...I believe that match ended wth a score of 2-4, no pin...His name is Luis Regalado from Fort Campbell and he also wrestled the Central Hardin kid before Smith and pinned him in the first round ...Gotta say that is pretty good for just starting back up

Just wanted to say that the kid who Smith "stuck" for 3rd had a 2yr break from wrestling and had only started wrestling again for 1month 1/2...I believe that match ended wth a score of 2-4, no pin...His name is Luis Regalado from Fort Campbell and he also wrestled the Central Hardin kid before Smith and pinned him in the first round ...Gotta say that is pretty good for just starting back up

I agree. Tough kid. Glad to see he's back. Congrats to him for a nice day.