Sign in to follow this  
True170

The meyers thing is kind of crazy but deep down I really believe the kid is a great kid who will do what's best for his school team and that's stay at 160 and battle French. Cooper will stay at 152 again jmho. The 170's are deep. I watched the 11th ranked kid pin in about 45 seconds the kid who was just a few months ago ranked in Rangers rankings number 1 at 182 and it wasn't just a catch he had a near fall and then they stood up and he was taken down again and pinned. I watched Macintosh/Barrett match and macintosh was winning 5 or 6-1 when he got got pinned but he's a freshman and he'll learn from those things.

Parriman is very good. I was impressed with him beating Boykin more than the Barrett match. Mink is good but he's been beaten a few times this year by kids in the top 15 but his huge upset of Bell last year in the early rounds at state still carries a lot of weight. I like yourself hope there pretty evenly divided at the horse park but with so many super great wrestlers I just feel it will be the division to watch. Write it down and circle it lol there will be a couple of kids who are there regions 4 seeds beat a couple of the #1 seeds from there prospective regions. I agree Canter and Lane Jones are the predicted finalist but nothing would shock me in this division. Lane just barely beat Meiman 3-2 just 2 weeks ago and I have Meiman like 10th or even lower. It will be fun to watch !

I agree it is definitely going to be a fun weight class to watch!

Lane looks good , I wouldn't go picking any favs at 160 other than Steph or Coop .

Like to see Canter and French wrestle though .

And no I wouldn't like to see either Stephen or Kevin lose a state title their Sr Yr neither would Kevin's dad. We think they can both win at either weight . And probably a couple more :)

Lane looks good , I wouldn't go picking any favs at 160 other than Steph or Coop .

Like to see Canter and French wrestle though .

And no I wouldn't like to see either Stephen or Kevin lose a state title their Sr Yr neither would Kevin's dad. We think they can both win at either weight . And probably a couple more :)

I wasn't meaning that anyone would want to see either one of them lose because they are both phenomenal wrestlers. I think I was just thinking about how that would be a historical state finals match for KY. I agree that either one of them would be the favorite at either weight and they arte both good enough wrestlers to wrestle at whatever weight they choose. I haven't watched French much but have watched Canter since he was a little boy and he work very hard. I think there is going to be some great match-ups at the state tournament this year.

In the Barrett/MacIntosh match, the score was 2 to 2 starting the 3rd. MacIntosh scored early in first with sloppy headlock by Barrett. Barrett scored late in the second with a fireman. MacIntosh scored after Barrett got high with legs in to make the score 4-2. Barrett reversed, elevated a leg, and took MacIntosh straight to his back with a bow and arrow.

My mistake on the score. I knew Mac was winning. I Watched it on i high and the video is small but from an outsiders prospective it looked like macintosh was clearly in control 80% of the match but Barrett is a very strong kid and it showed he can beat anyone. The reason for the post was I just think the 170's are so tough this year. Thanks

My new rankings for 170 are as follows. Once again I'm no Ranger and still love what he does for this great sport ! Just a few changes from last weekend. Once again any input or thoughts and recommendations will be considered. I believe this is the best weight division in the class and believe many upsets will occur at the Horse Park. This will be a fun class to watch !!!!!!

(Revised) Jan 7th

1 Lar Co Caleb Canter 12

2 Walt Lane Jones 12

3 ST X Noah Bauer 11

4 Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11

5. Southern Sean Barret 12

6 Wayne Co Casey Mink 11

7. Old Co Alex McIntosh 9

8. Campbell Co Dustin Turner 11

9. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9

10. Eastern Brennon Boykin 12

11. Moore. Sam Wilbanks 12

12. Boone Co. Braden Jones 11

13. Wood Co Mason Gilbert

14. Meade Jonah Shacklet 11

15. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11

16. Con Jacob Warwick 10

17 Male Austin Guerrero 11

18 Un Co Kane Morris 10

19 Seneca Marlon Torriente 12

20 SK Derek Hicks 11

21 Mon Co Zach Roland 11

22 Man Zach Harris 10

23 Bull Cen Mike Saunders 11

24 Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield

25 . Trinity Trevor Fultz 12

17********. Avant (earned ranking) out of commission

I just went through and checked your Region 1 guys for you. Tyler Wilson shouldn't be on here, I know Ranger has him ranked but Wilson will be lucky to make it to state at this point, he has lost to Ki Ryder, Ben Redfield from Paducah Tilghman, Chase Copeland from Graves County, and Austin Durham from Trigg County. I currently have him ranked 6th in Region 1 (Ryder and Morris are the top two). Also from my understanding Clay Revlett will be sticking to 182.

Fanofwrestling

Number 1, I like how involved you are in the 170 weight class. I like that you post your own rankings. I enjoy reading your post.

Number 2, how quickly you turn on Boykin. I want to follow that up with this: i mean no disrespect to any wrestlers mentioned.

Boykin is not the most skilled wrestler at 170, but he is the fastest. He is strong as well and that makes him very dangerous. Results alone never tell the story. Barrett did pin him in the JCTC semis this weekend. The score was tied going in to third and Boykin had the choice, he made a mistake and got pinned. Congrats to Barrett who I consider one of the top 5 at 170. Boykin pinned everyone else in minimal time. I would say he was even controlling the match against Barrett. Mistakes happen.

The Dragon is in two weeks and most of the top guys will be there. That will give you a good look at how this class will finish at State. Boykin being ranked 10th is your opinion and I respect that, but my opinion is there is no way he doesn't place and I actually think he can beat anyone in the weight class.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your post.

Fanofwrestling

Number 1, I like how involved you are in the 170 weight class. I like that you post your own rankings. I enjoy reading your post.

Number 2, how quickly you turn on Boykin. I want to follow that up with this: i mean no disrespect to any wrestlers mentioned.

Boykin is not the most skilled wrestler at 170, but he is the fastest. He is strong as well and that makes him very dangerous. Results alone never tell the story. Barrett did pin him in the JCTC semis this weekend. The score was tied going in to third and Boykin had the choice, he made a mistake and got pinned. Congrats to Barrett who I consider one of the top 5 at 170. Boykin pinned everyone else in minimal time. I would say he was even controlling the match against Barrett. Mistakes happen.

The Dragon is in two weeks and most of the top guys will be there. That will give you a good look at how this class will finish at State. Boykin being ranked 10th is your opinion and I respect that, but my opinion is there is no way he doesn't place and I actually think he can beat anyone in the weight class.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your post.

Boykin is absolutely one of my favorite wrestlers in this group not just because of his abilities but just his nature as a human being. The kid is first class in everything that he does and he does things his own way. It's just so hard to rank him ahead of anyone that is in currently ranked higher than him just based on his win/loss only. Could I see him make a major move at state. An astounding yes ! He's quick, He's strong and given the right circumstances I could see him in the top 3 at state ! His match with Parriman was great and he won the Derby classic He's also lost a couple that he shouldn't have thus his ranking.....Trust me I know him and am rooting for him .. Love his socks lol :) and the kid is first class all the way.

I just went through and checked your Region 1 guys for you. Tyler Wilson shouldn't be on here, I know Ranger has him ranked but Wilson will be lucky to make it to state at this point, he has lost to Ki Ryder, Ben Redfield from Paducah Tilghman, Chase Copeland from Graves County, and Austin Durham from Trigg County. I currently have him ranked 6th in Region 1 (Ryder and Morris are the top two). Also from my understanding Clay Revlett will be sticking to 182.

Thanks for the post this will help me other than Rider I don't know a lot about the region 1 wrestlers so that does help !

Thanks for the post after my research Rankings adjusted thanks for the help see revised rankings

Thanks for the post this will help me other than Rider I don't know a lot about the region 1 wrestlers so that does help !

Thanks for the post after my research Rankings adjusted thanks for the help see revised rankings

My new rankings for 170 are as follows. Once again I'm no Ranger and still love what he does for this great sport ! Just a few changes from last weekend. Once again any input or thoughts and recommendations will be considered. I believe this is the best weight division in the class and believe many upsets will occur at the Horse Park. This will be a fun class to watch !!!!!!

(Revised) Jan 7th

1 Lar Co Caleb Canter 12

2 Walt Lane Jones 12

3 ST X Noah Bauer 11

4 Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11

5. Southern Sean Barret 12

6 Wayne Co Casey Mink 11

9. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9

14. Meade Jonah Shacklet 11

15. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11

16. Con Jacob Warwick 10

18 Un Co Kane Morris 10

19 Seneca Marlon Torriente 12

20 SK Derek Hicks 11

21 Mon Co Zach Roland 11

22 Man Zach Harris 10

24 Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield

*** New Rankings For Jan 13th 2013 ...170 pound......

Once again I'm no Ranger and every week there's so many wrestlers jumping up and down weight classes but as of today this is what I've came up with. Once again any advice or recommendations is helpful. Not to many changes but a couple..

1 Lar Co Caleb Canter 12
2 Walt Lane Jones 12
3 ST X Noah Bauer 11
4 Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11
5. Southern Sean Barrett 12

6 Wayne Co Casey Mink 11
9. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9

14. Meade Dylan Knowlton 10
15. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11
Con Jacob Warwick 10
18 Un Co Kane Morris 10
19 Seneca
Marlon Torriente 12
20 SK Derek Hicks 11
21 Mon Co Zach Roland 11
22 Man Zach Harris 10
Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield

Franklin County's Erik Pina pinned the Moore 170 on Saturday and he is not in your list.

Is Pina going to be staying at 170 now ? He's been at 160 for quite some time. Thanks He did beat a Moore wrestler but it wasn't Wilbanks I believe he's still out

If Pina is staying at 170 he will be ranked somewhere in top 12 ....

Jan 20th New Rankings !

I'm no Ranger I always say that because he's the one who truly provides the rankings and does an outstanding job for this sport. I really don't have the results of the Dragon yet and I try not to let just 1 match really change the outcome of someone's rankings. Congrats to Caleb Canter on remaining undefeated and winning the dragon leaving no doubt he's the one to beat !

There are a few changes as I watched Marlon Torriente from Seneca win the Capital classic. He did it by defeating 2 very strong kids that are ranked and in that case he did jump up 6 spots. Once again your input is very helpful and taken into consideration. There will be kids changing weight classes and a lot of changes before the Horse Park. I still believe 170 is going be a show !

Jan 20th New Rankings !

1. Larue Co Caleb Canter 12

2. Walton Lane Jones 12

3. ST X Noah Bauer 11

4. Mc Cen DJ Parriman 11

5. Southern Sean Barrett 12

6 Wayne Co Casey Mink 11

9. Ryle Johnny Meiman 9

13. Seneca Marlon Torriente 12

14. Eric Pina Franklin County

15. Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11

16. Con Jacob Warwick 10

18. Trinity Trevor Fultz 12

19. SK Derek Hicks 11

20. Mon Co Zach Roland 11

21. Man Zach Harris 10

22. Bull Cen Mike Saunders 11

23. Paducah Tilghman Ben Redfield

24. Un County Kane Morris

25. Meade Dylan Knowlton 10

If anyone can tell me who's the number 1 wrester in the 170's for Woodford County I can't find much info on Mason Gilbert it will help. Thanks

Fanofwrestling- Ryder beat mink 4-2 before injury default. Match was in third period before it was stopped

My first thoughts is whomever got hurt is he ok ? Both are outstanding wrestlers and 170 is a very tough weight class and both have a shot at doing very well come regionals and state. You have my word I'll keep an eye on both kids records etc. It's just right now there's been so many on the top 15 win big tournaments etc it's hard to change a whole lot. It's like 6-15 are basically about even.I really mean that. I will watch though. Is Ryder going to North Oldham tourney ? Thanks