Sign in to follow this  
True170

Then you go about 220 now.....?????.....I do like Caleb Canter....Still cannot forget that JJ Jude semi-final match....He deserved that one and I think he will get it all this year.....I have known him since he was a tiny 103 lbs animal in Middle School.....Super nice Dad and Coach.....One of the best in my book.......As far as young men go Caleb is at the top of the list !

1. Lane Jones Walton

2. Brennon Boykin Eastern

3. Caleb Canter Larue

4. Pledger ST X

5.Casey Mink Wayne County

6. Derrick Hicks SK

7. Braden Jones Boone

8. Dustin Turner Campbell County

9. Sam Wilbanks Moore

10. Cody Flloyd Central Hardin

11. Whoever wrestles for Oldham (Deckyard or Macintosh)

12. Jacob Warwick Conner/Kennedy Ohio County

If Johnny Meiman from Ryle stays at 170 I'd move him up to the top 8

Sad , I enjoyed the Canter Jude match and Canter seemed a bit small but everyone might appear smal next to Jude lol . Although I had heat about him and Austin last yr and Austin would have beat him :)/> I admired Jude he was a tank now the sad thing for me is I have seen Lane around since he was young, my

Son has wrestled him and his brother in grade school and practiced together at the original prodigy some , He is a great kid and he comes from good people , it's the crappy part of things I know I would probably like Canters dad as well and Canter despite any bs from last yr , good luck to them both , Lane looked sharp at the Rumble .

You nailed it third round

Funny you guys say Johnny Meiman at 170 in top 8. He wrestled Lane to a 3-2 match at Swowca. I would say he is in the top 2. He beat Hicks and Turner already this year.

Mark my words, Lane Jones won't beat Meiman again. Not bad for a freshman.

Yes seems like Meiman would be up there pretty , high BUt they did say top eight meaning up there somewhere ??????? , Turner wrestled very poorly against him not making excuses Meiman dominated the match ,and he seems very physical , not sure how the match went with Lane but Lane from a technical standpoint is better than Meiman in my opinion , not saying who will win and I know Meiman is a young Ryle Lion and has a very bright future but my heart and head says Lane can beat him again , you have to go with the Sr and Lane moving up a class or so should know he needs to work on his strength and get used to his new weight class he's a taller kid with advantages he will need to use . Perhaps they end up on opposite ends at state and can knock off some comp , Lane wrestled poorly at reg last yr I think he was I'll then showed up for state I think he does the same this Year .

Hope he does go 160 , it will open up another spot at 170

1. Caleb Canter Larue

2. Pledger ST X

3. Lane Jones Walton

4. Sam Wilbanks Moore

5.Johnny Meiman Ryle

6. Dustin Turner Campbell County

7.Derrick Hicks SK

8. Braden Jones Boone

9. Casey Mink Wayne County

10. Brennon Boykin Eastern

11. Cody Flloyd Central Hardin

12. Southern

13. Jacob Warwick Conner

Top 5 all have a shot to win it this year

• Upvote 1

My new Rankings are:

1. Lane Jones Walton

2. Caleb Canter Larue County

3. Pledger St X

4. Brennon Boykin Eastern

5. Casey Mink Wayne County

6. Dustin Turner Campbell Co

7. Sam Wilbanks Moore

8. Macintosh Oldham

9 . Braden Jones Boone County

10. Hicks Simon Kenton

11. Fultz Trinty

12. Rider Ft Cambell

Merry Christmas to all and have a safe holiday season !

• Upvote 1

I'm no Ranger by any means .. He does so much for this sport. Here's an updated rankings list with alot of changes in weight classes etc... Tune in next week as I'm sure it will change ! I only follow 170 really close. Enjoy and input is great.

1 Lar Co Caleb Canter 12

2 Walt Lane Jones 12

3 Way Co Casey Mink 11

4 St X Brandon Pledger 12

5. Southern Sean Barret

6 Old Co Alex McIntosh 9

7. Mc Cen DJ Parriman 12

8. Campbell Co Dustin Turner 11

9. Eastern Brennon Boykin 12

10 Johnny Meiman Ryle 9 (I still believe will go to 160)

11. Braden Jones Boone County

12 Wood Co Mason Gilbert

13 Meade Jonah Shacklet 11

14 Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11

15 Call Co Tyler Wilson 11

16 Laf Jackson Avant 11 (out ?) Sam Quigney

17 Male Austin Guerrero 11

18 Un Co Kane Morris 10

19 Con Jacob Warwick 10

20 SK Derek Hicks 11

21 Mon Co Zach Roland 11

22 Man Zach Harris 10

23 Bull Cen Mike Saunders 11

24 Cald Co Clay Revelett 11

25 . Trinity Trevor Fultz 12

I'm no Ranger by any means .. He does so much for this sport. Here's an updated rankings list with alot of changes in weight classes etc... Tune in next week as I'm sure it will change ! I only follow 170 really close. Enjoy and input is great.

1 Lar Co Caleb Canter 12

2 Walt Lane Jones 12

3 Way Co Casey Mink 11

4 St X Brandon Pledger 12

5. Southern Sean Barret

6 Old Co Alex McIntosh 9

7. Mc Cen DJ Parriman 12

8. Campbell Co Dustin Turner 11

9. Eastern Brennon Boykin 12

10 Johnny Meiman Ryle 9 (I still believe will go to 160)

11. Braden Jones Boone County

12 Wood Co Mason Gilbert

13 Meade Jonah Shacklet 11

14 Ft Camp Ki Ryder 11

15 Call Co Tyler Wilson 11

16 Laf Jackson Avant 11 (out ?) Sam Quigney

17 Male Austin Guerrero 11

18 Un Co Kane Morris 10

19 Con Jacob Warwick 10

20 SK Derek Hicks 11

21 Mon Co Zach Roland 11

22 Man Zach Harris 10

23 Bull Cen Mike Saunders 11

24 Cald Co Clay Revelett 11

25 . Trinity Trevor Fultz 12

I was looking at the WCI results and seen where McIntosh got pinned by Barret and the Parriman kid only lost by 1 point so how would you give McIntosh a higher ranking. Also according to trackwrestling the parriman kid beat Mink 5-1. Just some things to consider. Also, it looks like Myers is gonna go 152 and if he does will Canter drop to 160, i think its a good possibility. 170 is turning out to be an interesting weight class and Lane Jones is acting like it belongs to him as he is wrestling at the top of his game right now. I think anyone in the top 10 can take this weight class!

I doubt meyers will go to 152 jmho because of cooper. It would be best for both teams if they stayed the same class where there at. I don't believe Canter will drop either again jmho... Macintosh dominated the entire match vs Barrett just got caught towards the end. Parriman is tough and things may change a little but make no mistake any on the top 14 can pull upsets big upsets.

I doubt meyers will go to 152 jmho because of cooper. It would be best for both teams if they stayed the same class where there at. I don't believe Canter will drop either again jmho... Macintosh dominated the entire match vs Barrett just got caught towards the end. Parriman is tough and things may change a little but make no mistake any on the top 14 can pull upsets big upsets.

I don't know but it seems that Stephen's dad wants him to go 152 and seems to look forward to him wrestling Cooper in the finals at the state tournament. Now that is just what I take from reading Mpire's statements! I guess we won't really know until regions! As for Parriman I heard he dominated the match against Barrett but gave up 5 points late to a headlock and lost by one at the very end. I was also told he should have gotten at least 2 backs from a cradle in the 3rd but IDK I wasn't there maybe you can fill me in if you were there. Everyone is telling me the Parriman kid from McCreary was the best 170 there and should have won the tournament. What was the score when Barrett stuck McIntosh? 170 is my favorite weight class as I really like Lane Jones and Caleb Canter who should be the two favorites. I also think the Mink kid from Wayne Co is very tough and could beat either Jones or Canter on a given day and then I see where Parriman beat him so who knows and that's what makes this a fun wait class! All I can say is flip a coin as I am sure there are 10 or more contenders as well. I just hope one side of the bracket of the state tournament isn't stacked with all the to kids and the other side just has 1 kid who gets a free pass to the finals which seems to happen a lot!

The meyers thing is kind of crazy but deep down I really believe the kid is a great kid who will do what's best for his school team and that's stay at 160 and battle French. Cooper will stay at 152 again jmho. The 170's are deep. I watched the 11th ranked kid pin in about 45 seconds the kid who was just a few months ago ranked in Rangers rankings number 1 at 182 and it wasn't just a catch he had a near fall and then they stood up and he was taken down again and pinned. I watched Macintosh/Barrett match and macintosh was winning 5 or 6-1 when he got got pinned but he's a freshman and he'll learn from those things.

Parriman is very good. I was impressed with him beating Boykin more than the Barrett match. Mink is good but he's been beaten a few times this year by kids in the top 15 but his huge upset of Bell last year in the early rounds at state still carries a lot of weight. I like yourself hope there pretty evenly divided at the horse park but with so many super great wrestlers I just feel it will be the division to watch. Write it down and circle it lol there will be a couple of kids who are there regions 4 seeds beat a couple of the #1 seeds from there prospective regions. I agree Canter and Lane Jones are the predicted finalist but nothing would shock me in this division. Lane just barely beat Meiman 3-2 just 2 weeks ago and I have Meiman like 10th or even lower. It will be fun to watch !

Boykin and Parriman was a good match. They kept getting back points on eachother and Parriman ended up being the last one on top. Boykin was up 3 going in to the third and gassed. Thats what happens when you lose your mind, get beat in your first match, and have to wrestle all the way back to the consolation finals.

The meyers thing is kind of crazy but deep down I really believe the kid is a great kid who will do what's best for his school team and that's stay at 160 and battle French. Cooper will stay at 152 again jmho. The 170's are deep. I watched the 11th ranked kid pin in about 45 seconds the kid who was just a few months ago ranked in Rangers rankings number 1 at 182 and it wasn't just a catch he had a near fall and then they stood up and he was taken down again and pinned. I watched Macintosh/Barrett match and macintosh was winning 5 or 6-1 when he got got pinned but he's a freshman and he'll learn from those things.

Parriman is very good. I was impressed with him beating Boykin more than the Barrett match. Mink is good but he's been beaten a few times this year by kids in the top 15 but his huge upset of Bell last year in the early rounds at state still carries a lot of weight. I like yourself hope there pretty evenly divided at the horse park but with so many super great wrestlers I just feel it will be the division to watch. Write it down and circle it lol there will be a couple of kids who are there regions 4 seeds beat a couple of the #1 seeds from there prospective regions. I agree Canter and Lane Jones are the predicted finalist but nothing would shock me in this division. Lane just barely beat Meiman 3-2 just 2 weeks ago and I have Meiman like 10th or even lower. It will be fun to watch !

In the Barrett/MacIntosh match, the score was 2 to 2 starting the 3rd. MacIntosh scored early in first with sloppy headlock by Barrett. Barrett scored late in the second with a fireman. MacIntosh scored after Barrett got high with legs in to make the score 4-2. Barrett reversed, elevated a leg, and took MacIntosh straight to his back with a bow and arrow.