Sign in to follow this  
Wrasslr

Covington Catholic to start Wrestling in 2013

Just another topic being over run by CC. Oh crap I forgot I typed in CCwrestling.com. Let's just talk about the new program. How you think it will shape out and leave the "dynasty" talk for another place. I remember clicking on something about a new wrestling program starting in 2013 and not on something about how CC is a "dynasty"

GOO- St. X and Trinity have youth feeder programs.  One is River City, not sure of the name of the other.  Someone help me out with the name please.

Seriously, Irish Wrestler? It is the Shamrocks Wrestling Club.

You guys sharing a room at the state tourney? geez.

Lol!!! No I'm to hairy for him.... I just think he speaks the truth and speaks his opinion. I may not agree with his opinion all the time but oh well that's why it's his opinion

I didn't post on this thread untill someone mentioned my username , I brought up some

Interesting points and had no intention of posting anything on this thread , in case you haven't noticed this is a wrestling forum and your state champs and state dual champs will get talked about if it's to much simply Talk about things you like , of cov Cath gets going they will certainly be in closer proximity to Ohio than almost any other team it will be relevant to them ,

I also like Irish wrestlers subtle way of coaxing the second stringers to think about transferring to cov Cath lol ,

As for the Dynasty , your highness " Bankamper was mentioned and I said why would he leave a team that he has helped build into a dynasty and Raider argued that term , so it was an answer to why he would not leave CC for another CC ,

A side conversation started not by a CC person but a Ryle person ,

Wth are you going to fill a topic about a team that doesn't exist yet anyway with other than speculation and reasons for who will be coaching there or not ,if someone said Coach Ervin was

Going to coach at Cov Cath people

Would say why would he leave a dynasty like he has at Union lol ,

Way to much time spent on a topic about a nonexistent team when regionals and state are in a couple weeks , sorry I posted anything at all , I thought it was funny ,

• Downvote 1

Rumor has it that Covington Catholic is starting up in 2013. Sounds like the sport continues to grow in the Bluegrass!

Back to topic. When will this rumor grow some legs? As in: how far in advance do schedules get put together? Off season work outs should begin shortly after the season (in the form of FS/GR club)? Spatola's name came up. He would be a great "get". Is he ready to take the reigns of a program? This just might be a good place for him.

Lol you are being a bit sarcastic , fs gr club when they have never had a folkstyle match , I think people should see that you constantly mess with Ky folk , how many FS GR clubs are there in all of KY let alone on a team that hasn't gotten it's first wrestler yet , not many fs gr clubs in SW Ohio either ??? Sounds good though , I don't think spatola was a big fr gr guy either but I could be wrong maybe teach em a standup before a bow and arrow lol

Sorry to disappoint you, Mpire. I am not being sarcastic. I am asking honestly. Get the bee out of your bonnet. I am not "messing with Ky folk" either. I just posted a nice link to the Caleb Ervin discussions, giving props again. We all know that you need some type of antagonist, and you will go to lengths to create one. Why seek trouble where there is none? You picked the wrong dude here. So, to my question. If you believe that I am jumping the gun on the FS/GR stuff that is fair enough. By the way I have no clue as to SW Ohio clubs as I live hours north. My point of previous post was to find out when we might see some concrete evidence of the formation of a team at Covington Catholic.

If you live hrs north and are so innocent , why all the ky posts particularly about my kids and , Ryle who to me is very advanced and on the ball wrestling wise doesn't even have a FR GR club that I know of ,

Sorry to disappoint you, Mpire. I am not being sarcastic. I am asking honestly. Get the bee out of your bonnet. I am not "messing with Ky folk" either. I just posted a nice link to the Caleb Ervin discussions, giving props again. We all know that you need some type of antagonist, and you will go to lengths to create one. Why seek trouble where there is none? You picked the wrong dude here. So, to my question. If you believe that I am jumping the gun on the FS/GR stuff that is fair enough. By the way I have no clue as to SW Ohio clubs as I live hours north. My point of previous post was to find out when we might see some concrete evidence of the formation of a team at Covington Catholic.

Well I can tell you that they are starting a program in 2013-14 and they have a coach lined up for some time now. They have been meeting with him on a regular basis and are waiting for the season to end to make an announcement. I also believe that he has started putting his staff together so news should be coming soon.

• Upvote 1

If you live hrs north and are so innocent , why all the ky posts particularly about my kids and , Ryle who to me is very advanced and on the ball wrestling wise doesn't even have a FR GR club that I know of ,

I have answered this question for you before. I will do so one last time. I will type slowly to hopefully help you understand. Wrestling is a passion. Married a Kentucky girl with roots in Owensboro, Louisville, Lexington/Versailles, Paducah, Bowling Green.....her entire family has stayed in the Bluegrass. My interest in KY wrestling was piqued while visiting family near Cincinnati (7 or 8 years ago). We went to SWOWCA and I was impressed with the tenacity of the Ryle wrestlers. Up to that point I had little interest in KY wrestling. I have kept an eye on it ever since, and recent college success (Ruschell for instance) has kept me interested. Simon Kenton, Ryle, Campbell Co and others cross the river so I see results. As for posts on your boys, give me a break. I post on all sorts of stuff. I even create threads. Check your paranoia at the door. For the record, I am interested in high school wrestling in accompanying states. For instance, Rochester Mich (#7 in MI) just lost to Oxford in 2nd round of Michigan's team tournament. Oxford (#6) pulled off the upset against Davison (#2) in the next round by 1 point. Beat Brighton before getting smoked by Detroit Central Catholic. Now I am off to get together with folks to watch Penn St v Iowa.  

Well I can tell you that they are starting a program in 2013-14 and they have a coach lined up for some time now. They have been meeting with him on a regular basis and are waiting for the season to end to make an announcement. I also believe that he has started putting his staff together so news should be coming soon.

Thanks for the info, wrasslr!

• Upvote 1

Lol you mean my paranoia ,that most of the Nky posters have noticed and mentioned before , lol , is the TE Rochester team CC beat at Hammer lol

Guess its good Cov Cath gets a team

, as I said making remarks about fr gr clubs at such an early juncture in a teams formation is a bit out of place and odd , to say the least

So kiss a little

But to throw everyone off your normal posts , anyone can check who and hate hat you normally post on lol and it ain't paranoia and it doesn't matter either your like some harmless nuisance who tries to se kind and knowledgable

With your little two faces compliments ,

Either way done with this thread .

And by the way , Raider knows I just like messing with him and I like cheer for and admire the Ryle team like

Many others , you on the other hand are an asshole , stick to your Ohio boards .

I didn't post on this thread untill someone mentioned my username , I brought up some

Interesting points and had no intention of posting anything on this thread , in case you haven't noticed this is a wrestling forum and your state champs and state dual champs will get talked about if it's to much simply Talk about things you like , of cov Cath gets going they will certainly be in closer proximity to Ohio than almost any other team it will be relevant to them ,

I also like Irish wrestlers subtle way of coaxing the second stringers to think about transferring to cov Cath lol ,

As for the Dynasty , your highness " Bankamper was mentioned and I said why would he leave a team that he has helped build into a dynasty and Raider argued that term , so it was an answer to why he would not leave CC for another CC ,

A side conversation started not by a CC person but a Ryle person ,

Wth are you going to fill a topic about a team that doesn't exist yet anyway with other than speculation and reasons for who will be coaching there or not ,if someone said Coach Ervin was

Going to coach at Cov Cath people

Would say why would he leave a dynasty like he has at Union lol ,

Way to much time spent on a topic about a nonexistent team when regionals and state are in a couple weeks , sorry I posted anything at all , I thought it was funny ,

Don't blame me. And I don't know why anyone threw out dave johnson. Why would he leave a dynasty like Ryle?

Hey don't blame

Me either ,I would t leave a Dynasty like Ryles either , best tournament in the state and 11 or seven reg titles in a row lol , it's all good ,

And if my kids were at Ryle I would be explaining to everyone how Ryle was the best team ever in Nky , lol

Hey don't blame

Me either ,I would t leave a Dynasty like Ryles either , best tournament in the state and 11 or seven reg titles in a row lol , it's all good ,

And if my kids were at Ryle I would be explaining to everyone how Ryle was the best team ever in Nky , lol

I would say that if the two myers boys were at Ryle that they would be team state champs

Well two state champs on a lot of teams equals team state champs ???? ATM wanted to go to Trinity that would have been weird but they would have had two of the best 220s in the country

Well two state champs on a lot of teams equals team state champs ???? ATM wanted to go to Trinity that would have been weird but they would have had two of the best 220s in the country

No don't say that he wanted to go to a private school. Yuk...

• Downvote 1

He had his heart set on Elder , his friends from reading Pike and the others he played ball with ate there and his friend and one time teammate Orlando scales went there , heresy for a Colerain boy but he loved the Pit and he shadowed there and liked it , a more down to earth atmosphere I think , Stephen liked Moeller as did I despite all the wrestling Bs , if he never competed on sports I still would have , just didn't like some politics and the wait till next yr attitude when my boys time was then. I never made the switch to begin with though , all pointless he's a camel

Now the "Kentuckian " nothing to do with private For ATM he likes to win bott line and Trinitu football is bad ass

Coach Johnson is assistant Coach at Ryle. He pretty much over sees the schedule and running the Rumble tournament. He only had 1 Head Coaching position and it was 1 year at Cooper High School when Dave Barnes left to take the Walton job. Coach Johnson will be a great fit at Cov Cath, if thats the direction they are going. Coach Johnson will surround himself with the right guys and I'm sure he'll put Cov Cath on the map in years to come. I wish him well.

• Upvote 3