Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingGuru

Ironman

I hope someone accidentally mixed the names up. Hard to believe Kevin would lose in the first round, much less get teched.

Brock and Dance should be a great match Dance is a Powerhouse knows basics and then some movement can beat him.Marinelli upsets Marshall it seems being at Jordan's all the time works better than part of the time He has Definatly improved.Marinelli , Marshall , Cooper , Schram , all at Gmva and then some , awesome stuff .

Tough roads ahead for Jayce and Trae keep plugging away .

• Upvote 1

Looks like Ervin is alive to place, but that's it. Mixed results for Kentucky wrestling. Not a great showing, but not too bad considering the competition either.

You have to either be a powerhouse or deceivingly strong or move and even then you have to be one hell of a wrestler to beat someone like dance , obviously Brock can , hitting the third 0 to 0 is impressive one escape point wins a match like that ,

Congrats Brock for placing 5th in the toughest HS tourney in the country.

Congrats to all the others who went and put it out there. It takes stones to step up to the plate and compete with the best in the counttry.

Phenomenal tournament as usual. Congrats to the boys who stepped up and took the challenge. I know the results, overall, weren't as expected, however this is THE meatgrinder of the year. This is where Fargo champs go to die. No shame in losing in this event. As a matter of fact (well not really, just my opinion), a poor showing at Ironman is not necessarily indicative of a wrestler's ability. Carr lost two close ones. I saw the match w/ Heffernan. Carr kept it close which is saying a lot as Heffernan is expected to have a great year. Blackwell hung with Kolidzik who seemed a bit out of sorts both days. Although he did make the finals, so what do I know? I saw the last part of that match as the score was announced over the P.A. Another tough pill in consis for Blackwell. Blackwell will roll this year. Sorry to hear Cooper was injured, did not know that. He was the one KY boy I wanted to see the most. Hope he recovers soon. Ervin showed his mettle. Nice tournament. Two of his losses were to eventual champ and super-stud Dance, and 4th placer McClary. The bar has been raised, hope to see more entries next year. Mr Preusse, hopefully, took notice.

• Upvote 1

I think the saying is "state champs go to die " not Fargo Champs ,that's surely a mistake by you , Iron Man as great as it is , does not have the numbers carry the weight or add up to Fargo , there I have to draw the line on the Iron Man Hooplah , there are others nearly as impressive as Iron Man Powerade , cheesehead , 32 , flow ,NHSCA s , none or any number combined do not add up to FARGO surprised you would make such a comment I am always first to give Iron Man its props but I have seen people place at Iron Man that cannot even make it to Fargo .

FARGO is king

Iron man has studs but also is awash with a certain percent of kids from teams that could never dream of placing there or stepping on the floor at Fargo where every spot is earned .And I hav seen Iron Man champs lose in Fargo .

I think the saying is "state champs go to die " not Fargo Champs ,that's surely a mistake by you , Iron Man as great as it is , does not have the numbers carry the weight or add up to Fargo , there I have to draw the line on the Iron Man Hooplah , there are others nearly as impressive as Iron Man Powerade , cheesehead , 32 , flow ,NHSCA s , none or any number combined do not add up to FARGO surprised you would make such a comment I am always first to give Iron Man its props but I have seen people place at Iron Man that cannot even make it to Fargo .

FARGO is king

Iron man has studs but also is awash with a certain percent of kids from teams that could never dream of placing there or stepping on the floor at Fargo where every spot is earned .And I hav seen Iron Man champs lose in Fargo .

Oh. Well okay then. Many great folkstyle wrestlers blow off Fargo. The talent level at Fargo has dwindled of late. The numbers are there, just not the talent. Look over the names, so many kids that qualify for Fargo don't win state, or even place high at folkstyle state. On the other hand, Ironman has continued to improve. So we can debate potAto or potAHto all you want, it is all good. Hope to see Austin there next year. Possibility?

Yes i remember talking to Jeff Jordan a few yrs back he told me he doesn't have his kids do Fargo so they can focus on simply folk so yes you are right many of the best do not because they do not want to spend the time or take away from Folk ,he also had high praise for those that attempted it , and I have seen multiple x Ohio champs Never place at Fargo. Di Julius I think and others , big numbers may be watered down but some weights at Irom man are watered down by teams that have studs in some weights and duds in others Fargo there is usually a pecking order top two or so many per state + reg placers , it is apples and oranges but I have to think Fargo wins out over Iron Man any day and I'm betting the majority of coaches around the country would agree with me , hope to see. Both my boys there this yr , no need to keep Steph at home I'm pretty sure he's allowed to go and he likes fr Gr well fr not sure anyone likes Greco lol yeah he likes gr too just kidding . Ironan is awesome but a small venue compared to FARGO .the AA at Fargo is the only thing steph has done that Austin has not Austin will want it more than anything in the sport , I guess the same

Can be said for a placing at Iron Man !!!!