Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingGuru

Ironman

Any seed at all there helps getting an 8 is great not sure if it puts you on the one side or not .seems like much of the seeding is inconsequential untill the later rounds so many kids from different states that the criteria from state placings often times sends not so great wrestlers higher on the seeding chart .

That's about what I thought ,the lighter weights are crasy loaded with skilled guys many high seeds will take one on the chin from an up an comer , like BROCK he's a beast

Should be good ,they are in the best tourny in the. Country and counted amongst the best that's awesome .To place there is a very big deal very few weights will be weak if any .None of the lighter or middle weights will give an inch .

My son was an 18 seed his fresh yr , got seeded at Iron Man but not Swowca lol

Kevin should have a very good seed as well and a bang up style that will stun many that he wrestles .

Blackwell with a 15 is setting pretty he will hit the studs a bit sooner but knock a couple out and your there .

No way Brock is the #8. He'd flat out destroy the #3 and #5 especially the #5 Tutolo. I guarantee it! #3 McClay is tough but not Brock tough. Ohio boys that got a higher seed because of their home state. Good luck to all 4, represent Ky well as I know you will.

Great seeds for Jayce and Cooper , Brock could be higher Mclay is tough hitting OT with Dicamillo . The criteria there is pretty solid I always thought , you see many multi x state champs from not so tough states get high seeds and get knocked out its good for the tougher kids .

This is a very big step in the right direction for Kentucky wrestling. It took a lot of work to get Bob Preusse to let Kentucky competitors back in the Ironman. I am excited about the opportunity these boys have, and hope that more of our kids will take this challenge.

On a seeding note, there is very specific criteria in place. State placement is the third criteria. It is very state sensitive, and only state champions from our state will be allowed to compete unless you have freestyle placement in Fargo only, with very heavy emphasis on the Junior division. There is also a head to head variable (past year) that counts. Unfortunately all of the studs Brock has whipped are at different weights, or not at the Ironman.

• Upvote 1

The seeding there is helpful to some but to the better kids who will make the podium any decent seed is a good thing and it doesn't matter . All it will do is give you bigger shine for outdoing your seed .

I thought they took into consideration most national level tournys not just Fargo freestyle and Greco is a bit different and some of the best kids like Jordan do not do Fargo !!!

This is a very big step in the right direction for Kentucky wrestling. It took a lot of work to get Bob Preusse to let Kentucky competitors back in the Ironman. I am excited about the opportunity these boys have, and hope that more of our kids will take this challenge.

On a seeding note, there is very specific criteria in place. State placement is the third criteria. It is very state sensitive, and only state champions from our state will be allowed to compete unless you have freestyle placement in Fargo only, with very heavy emphasis on the Junior division. There is also a head to head variable (past year) that counts. Unfortunately all of the studs Brock has whipped are at different weights, or not at the Ironman.

Indeed, Preusse has been a bit hesitant to invite KY wrestlers. So, not only did a few get invited they also got SEEDED! Very impressive. Good luck to all.