Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Claywell

New State Duals Format

Ok, say you let schools bump up, how would it work. If they bump up, it makes more teams in big school pull, which complicates things. How would you seed them into the big school pool? Would it be fair to put them higher then a big school?How many do you allow to bump up? If they bump, does another small school take their spot? Do you scratch a big team out if a small school that's better bumps up? when do you decide when to bump? If you let them wait till after sectionals, could they not decide to bump up based on maybe having a better shot at winning there, depending on teams that year. I think there is just a lot of things people don't think about. It's not just as easy as saying, ok you can bump up.

OK wow calm down :blink:.

1st off to answer most of your questions a small school would need to decide if they are going to move up prior to the sectional tourney, or however your district decides who goes.

That way they compete as a large school in thier sectional tourney (or whatever your region is calling it).

I thought that was easily solved and figured everyone would see it that way. A simple solution. (coachteater your overthinking the situation).

refdad you disagree with a lot of what I say. Awww you hurt my feelings. :(:D:ph34r: .

Or maybe your just moving to the dark side. "Refdaaaad IIIMMM your Faatthher". :ph34r:

I do get serious on here sometimes, but I keep it to a minimum because its not very fun. :P

GOO out.

I'll be quick. I disagree with a BIG SCHOOL/small school State Duals. If someone wants to host an all A Duals Tournament, that's fine. GOO, I have to say, most of the time I AGREE with you, but I'll have to respectfully disagree this time. State Duals has always been the tournament I look forward to most. Not only is this a test of our wrestlers' abilities, it is also a test of our coaches skill. If a coach doesn't know how to "play the game" his team won't have a shot. This is where we see the best of a program, from all sides. Just my opinion though.

Don't get me wrong, I can see both sides. It's just if the powers that be feel this will grow wrestling, I'm for it.

And goo, yes that would work, but.....what if you coach the big school team that took 3rd? How upset would be that a small bumped you out of going to state duals? Just a thought.

I think all the differences in opinion will make for an exciting event this year

I'm sure many people know Highlands are state champions many times also.

Maybe in NKY but I wouldnt think so much elsewhere in the state, after all you are in NKY which is a good reason as to why you would. But I guess the same theory could go against myself since I live in Louisville which has been most dominant when it comes to the larger class of state football championships.

Not only is this a test of our wrestlers' abilities, it is also a test of our coaches skill. If a coach doesn't know how to "play the game" his team won't have a shot. This is where we see the best of a program, from all sides. Just my opinion though.

As per my name. I am old school here. I don't like "playing the game", I prefer set your line up and go. I don't really care how good teh coach is about moving people around. I always think it was silly seeing the Larue caoches waiting for the other team to send someone forward then looking at who is being sent up and then deciding who to send out. During my short career as a head coach I set my dual team and stood with it. I even won a dual tourney they way.

I remember going against Larue one year and they were waiting for me to send my guy out. I had blanks in the next two weight classes and were waiting for them to send out so I could see if they had anyone, (since I didn't have there line up), so i could get my wrestler a match. Finally I told him I'll forfiet the dual win if you want, I don't care about dual wins I just want my wrestlers to get matches. But he forfieted to my wrestler to get the next two forfiet to garantee the win then forfieted the next 4 matches. I was so mad because my wrestlers didn't get matches for that dual. (no this was not state duals)

How upset would be that a small bumped you out of going to state duals?

They sould be no more mad than if a big school knocked them out. Or a high school kid getting knocked out of state by a middle school kid that bumped up.