Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

2015 Team KY Middle School

Our first practice will be this Saturday, February 28 at Union County HS. There will be 2 sessions (11-1 and 3-5 eastern). We invite all MS state placers to participate in the workouts and take this opportunity to learn and improve. More detailed information on the team will be shared at practice. Following are the kids who I have heard from so far and their tentative weights:

75-Thomas Deck, Isham Peace, Blaine Frazier, Jayssen Hanson

80-Zeke Escalera, Hunter Butler

85-Gavin Brown

90-Tristan Ballinger

95-Tom Ketchen-Carter, Brendan Pye, Gabe Jacobs

102-Chase Yost, Gentry Deck

110-Jake Insko, Seth Lutes, Wyatt Andreoni

117-Jack Fuller, Diontae Rone

125-Zane Brown, Nathaniel Lawrence, Ronan Wyatt

132-Jacob McClintic

140-Braden Mulcahy, Jack Lucas

150-Zach Chandler, Tanner Starrett

160-

175-Noah Borders

195-Kadin Kulmer, Andrew Chambers

220-

275-JJ Courtney

Are you strictly looking for state placers? My son was a state qualifier just did not wrestle good that day. He would love the opportunity to tryout though.

There are kids listed there that did not place at MS State

Additional kids may be invited, but it will be up to the coaches discretion of they have an opportunity to fill or wrestle off for a spot on the team. There are always other kids that take advantage of these workouts as well, but you should contact one of the coaches ahead of time.

For NKY MS Team KY members (or for anyone who can make it and is willing to make the trip), I have gotten us some practice time at Woodland Middle School in Taylor Mill, KY.   Tuesday's and Thursdays from 6:30-8:30.  Please let me know if you are able to come, as we will have limited space (room for about 20-25 wrestlers).  We will hold these practices through the end of March.  Any coach who would like to come and help out is welcome to join in on the fun.  Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks to everyone that made it out today. I am excited about how our teams are shaping up. We are still looking for some upper weights. Next week we will be wrestling at central Hardin in the first belt series and practice will follow the tournament

Jaydon Streine wants to practice with the team but don't know if we can trave to the turnaments. Would thst be ok if he just practiced

He is welcome to come to the Tuesday/Thursday practices/open mats we are holding at Woodland Middle School.

Second team practice will be this Saturday at Central Hardin. We are encouraging all Team KY wrestlers to register and compete in the KWOA tournament. The team will practice after. Get on track and get registered NOW!

Reminder, Team KY MS open mats tonight at Woodland Middle School 6:30-8:30.  Right now we have about 10 guys coming.  Tonight we will work on drilling and conditioning with a little live wrestling at the end.  PM me if you are interested in coming.  Non Team KY wrestlers are also welcome.

Yes take advantage of these open mat opportunities to keep yourself sharp for the off season events. These Team KY national duals are no joke. You better come in shape and ready to go or you will be disappointed with your performance. Thanks to Coach Seeney for setting this up. Kids should take every chance to be there.

Nice start to the open mats in Northern KY at Woodland.  It was a small group (about 10 kids)  but everyone got a lot of high intensity drilling, some live situational wrestling, and a few good conditioning sessions in.  Due to the impeding snow, I expect Kenton County Schools to be closed, so we are cancelling this Thursday's open mat in advance, and will start back next Tuesday at 6:30.  Tuesdays practice will follow the same format with different areas of focus for the drilling.  Scott High coach Don Graven will help us with some technique on Thursday. 

I'm opening this up to any middle schooler who wants to attend and get some extra work in.  Just PM me to let me know if you are interested in coming as we do have limited space.  Team KY members do get preference if too many sign on.

My bet Don Graven won't be there Tuesday lol

Nope, as I mentioned before in other posts, he will be with us on Thursdays when available.  I'm well aware that there is a little tournament in near Lexington that he will be occupied next Tuesday.

Since the KWOA tournament has been cancelled. How is the practice schedule and where is the location going to be for Team Ky to practice.

That's a good question! 

Practice cancelled for this weekend. Encourage everyone to seek mat time as possible. We are also looking to set up an opportunity for mid week in central ky.

Next week will be two sessions at Woodford County MS 10-12 and 2-4.

Team KY still needs

2-220lbs

2-275lbs

1-150lbs

1-160lbs

This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself build lasting friendships. Almost everyone that went last year won state this year or placed high. If you are interested you can contact me at gavin11403@yahoo.com or 270-498-4662

Reminder, Open mats at Woodland Middle School in Taylor Mill, KY tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Last 3 nights to get some work in before heading to Danville this weekend.  We will practice from 6:30-8:30, but will need some help setting up and putting mats away.  We will do lots of drilling and mix in some conditioning and live wrestling all three days.