Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

Woodford Co.

I heard that Woodford just got in 3 out of state transfers that will put them back among the elite. Does anyone else know anything about this? Can someone confirm or deny? Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me, just thought it sounded good for them.

This was discussed in another topic. I believe the possibility of Boston and Lawson's showing up at Woodford. All from out of state, families have moved back into the state.

Old timers can hold off on the recruiting rumors from other schools like Woodford was accused of so many times in the last 25 years.

• Upvote 1

Wondered how long it would take for this to pop up. I have heard the same things, and I just hope we don't have to make it the main topic to talk about for the whole season. Where ever your from or who ever you wrestle for, good luck and can't wait to start the season.

I dont think talking about it is a problem its wrestling they are great wrestlers and its relevant to the sport ,and its not like the board is overblown with other topics more worthy at the moment ,the problem is crossing the line and attacking and accusing ,regardless of what reason why or where, the kids are here they deserve to wrestle they have paid their price to be where they are in the sport and they deserve the recognition respect and admiration of the people for what they do and have already done .

I already saw another post specuating about eligibility which was ridiculous you move you wrestle ......for where you move to period ....anything else is garbage and unfair to a kid .although i do understand the public private debate .

Another very highly ranked HS wrestler in the state who will add firepower to our state teams and some very good national level jr high kids and im not sure if the older Lawson is a fresh or not but both will surely do well in the HS tournaments at the lighter weights,As for High level tournaments Mr Boston has a grasp of the best kids in the nation i would not hesitate to let him help any kid in the state at a national level setting ,he knows the sport and its wrestlers .

I am very glad they are here i seem to have a different outlook on the state than many its like adding another stud to your team not worrying about someone elses team ,Looking ahead it adds much more to the depth in the state ,I see studs at Lightweight middle and heavier weight classes in KY and its awesome ,I think Nate is headed to Indiana to wrestle it could be good for the rest of the kids in KY as well.

I hope the Lawsons stay and its not a pit stop or move for the HS eligibility rules but either way thats their buisness and they should do whats best for them ,just saying hope they stay .

• Upvote 1

I must have missed the discussion in the other forum (I'm getting old and miss things Lol!), just heard the news and was wanting to check its validity. Obviously I am not saying there has been any wrong doing, just excited to see more high level kids, that's all.

It is a good topic .Woodford will have a nice start to their lineup for the first few weights that is for sure and i saw they had about a 160 lber or so at the Bluegrass games who was very good not that they do not have a lot more but that was one i watched i am not sure he would be considered a top placer but definatly has the skill to do well and be amongst them .iIam not sure who they have upper weight wise they lost Morris who is wresling at Lindsey Wilson from what he told me at the Games "congrats to him " and i do not know many of their kids As for Nate his biggest Problem will be having good partners i Know the Lawsons are good but i doubt they are his level but being able to go with him will be a giant plus for them .

Mr. Myers,

I am needing to contact a few people in the area. Could you please give me a call at 1-317-752-0698. We are having one of the elite camps Aug 18-19th. I want to make sure the Kentucky kids have an opportunity to attend. We are trying to get prepared for the super 32 qualifier in Indiana. Hopefully your boys will attend the Super 32.

Thanks,

Would you have any openings for middle school wrestlers or just high school? I have a 98lb 7th grader. Please let me know. We would be very interested if an opening was available. Thanks

Sounds great i will do but the boys are attending and helping out at the No Ox camp on the 18 i would love to send them with you but we have always tried to stick to our word as far as camps and events im not sure what you have planned perhaps it could be changed to a different week if it is not set in stone ,My boys play football so it may be hard to do both as far as the 32 and i think the Camels frown on outside events once the season starts but i think the boys and a few of the kids from their team that do not play were planning on it .They have a game the night before and i think well i am pretty sure they will be seeing a lot of playing time Steph is a back and they have a few more but im not sure they can replace Austin he is a back as well but they want him at Nose .

I am glad you are already setting these types of things up it will be a great year ,i am glad you and i have brought our kids back home ,

But you should have came to Campbell County LMAO

• Upvote 1

Would you have any openings for middle school wrestlers or just high school? I have a 98lb 7th grader. Please let me know. We would be very interested if an opening was available. Thanks

Add us to the 90 something pound Middle School kids wanting to train for the Indiana Super 32 qualifier.

I have had the camp planned for awhile and we have people coming from out of town. If I could change it I would and just send Nathan to No Ox camp. I hear they do a good job.

I would definitely send your boys to that camp and good luck with football.

The ones that are interested in the training for their middle school guys give me a call we will work something out. We want to make sure we have good partners.

Thanks again guys for the interest.

We will have kids from multiple states and it will be at Woodford. If your son is a KY wrestler give me a call and we will make it happen.

Boston120 - I sent you a private message. thanks