Sign in to follow this  
2yankees3

WHO IS GOING TO DANVILLE

I think we're going. Schoolboy 125. Anyone have any idea what we can expect on the turnout? Haven't completely decided between Danville and Grand River Rumble.

We are going. I hope some youthh wrestlers come out. At BGSG, my son only had one kid to wrestle and that was after combining two brackets that only had one kid each.

Wow, I was kinda worried this may turnout the same as the USA Wrestling Kentucky State tourney at Central HS in Louisville. Not 1 kid in our weight class, combined the 1 kid from the class above us. Looks like Battle Creek may be a better tourney, even though it is a 5 hour drive for us.

WOW actually posting info for a tournament out of state on a thread about a tournament in state just doesnt seem right somehow .

Totally understandable , by all means post away variety make everyone better it's just that it seemed strange posting the info for another tourny on a thread started about the one in Danville . If it were me I would have started a thread about the tourny out of state rather than posting it on a thread about a ky tourny on a ky site no big deal it's all good and anyone can post whatever they want wherever .

If its the rumble you are talking about in mich it is a good tourny it was really a big deal a few yr ago state champs from jr high from all over the country .

I guess if money /time are not an option ,im sure the people who run the tournys in Ky would still like to see the best in KY simply show up and wrestle in Danville and for lack of better words not have their thread hijacked .

I saw a decent number of state placers and some of Kys best at the tournament last weekend in Lex and i heard Danville was supposed to be bigger and better .with kids like Lampe Courtney and Jarvis along with others showing up to wrestle at tournys in Ky why bother leaving .

Rearic would have been there as well but he was on vacation seems like there were tough kids at all weights maybe not the calibre in mich maybe not numbers in some classes but most had quite a few .if money is no option it would be better spent going to a camp up in urbana and wrestling a room full of studs .

Just trying to keep it at home one minute everyone wants it to be better in Ky the next everyone is talking about better tournys elsewhere which is fine "BUT" ,people shouldn't be rude and do it on a thread about a ky tourny .

LOL and i wasnt surprised at all when someone with a username of Hoosierdad posted info about a mich tournament on a thread about a Ky tournament on a Ky wrestling site .

why not simply start your own thread "Grand Rapids Rumble "show up and be great like us or waste your time wrestling at home in KY .

had you started your own thread your motives would have been much more honorable but by blasting on a tournament on its own thread you sort of showed your true colors.

the thread starter asked who was going to Danville "we have some High school kids going and some interest from some of our youth ",i didnt read anything in there asking about who was going to Mich to wrestle PA CA or Hoosier studs or why anyone should not go to the tourny in KY in favor of chasing stardom like little johnny so and so in kalamazoo or wherever.

We are weighing in tonight at summitview middle school from 630-730. We were going to the Michigan tournament but had a few issues with the team my son was going to wrestle for. We are going to stay close and go to lexington Saturday. I hope he has 3-4 matches but we will see. Hopefully he could wrestle in 2 different weights to get some more matches. I think he will go 98 and maybe 220. I heard there is a sophmore stud named Austin looking for a match. LOL. Empire hopefully you and your boys can make it.

had you started your own thread your motives would have been much more honorable but by blasting on a tournament on its own thread you sort of showed your true colors.

And what was my motive again? To see what kind of turnout might be expected in Danville? And my True Colors are what? Love that Southern hospitality!

Heck KY is very polite if you went to another states site and posted info about another tournament on a thread about an in state tournament everyone on the site would have asked you why you did it and you probably would have had your post deleted ,now if you started your own thread about a tournament thats great .

I do apologise though hoosierdad its really not a big deal the mich tourny is good but the notion that you have to always go out of state to get a good match is false and one that people out of state often seem to try to perpetuate.I dont know what your real motive is its none of my buisness really ,now if i was an adminn i would take your post off this thread and start another thread with it no harm no foul .

Stephen is to caught up in Pokemon he has logged hundreds of hours this summer playing and i hadnt played in about ten yrs and i kicked his @$$ yesterday it was hillarious maybe he will understand he needs to stick to wrestling before he becomes terrible at all his endeavors .

Austin said he will go he doesn't care maybe he can wrestle a couple classes there as well you missed it last week he went into quadruple OT ultimate overtime but he stayed true to form he didnt break under pressure Hes making his rounds Dutch maybe you can get some of those Trinity kids to show up and we can see a match as good as any that will be at the rumble .

After going to Lex last week i wouldn't have missed it for the world Austin and Caatan was the coolest match i have seen in Ky even better than Carr And Lampe at state and i thought that was incredible LOL that guy is impressive for real .

those kind of things are what makes the sport and summer wrestling great a fun time with matchups seldom seen duiring the year ,there will be nothing like it at the rumble .

Caatan pinned some college kid in under 20 seconds i actually think he could beat every HS kid in the State except Austin and im sure he could get him too on a good day .He should be a coach if he is not already and i hear he knows FR and GR so he could definatly help out a lot of kids and the state ,Coach McCoy did a great job with the tournament i thought and they tried to give everyone as many matches as possible .It would be neat to have a tourny every week in Ky over summer either folk or fr and gr everyone might actually get into a rhythm and it could be a big thing or a giant bust who knows but if you changed weights from week to week it would force different matchups and make it exciting for everyone .

I have seen other states have club teams that have tournys every week it would be neat to have four schools in different locations throughout the state alternate and have wrestling all summer.

Like most tournaments that do not require pre registration we do not know who is going to show up, however we promote this tournament as best we can and are interested in growing the sport in ky!! We try to get everyone involved the maximum amount of matches that the entries allow which include as many exhibition matches one cares to set up. I am a firm believer that summer wrestling produces winter state champs and want every participant to get as many matches as they want and quality matches, however I can not control who comes and who does not. The issue that really rubs me wrong is the ones who say they want more spring and summer matches in Ky but do not attend because they are not sure they will get the work they need, however it has to start somewhere!! If you faithfully attend the USA events in Ky and pass the information along to other wrestlers it will grow into the kind of tournaments that are in neighboring states! Bet they didnt start out as prestigious tournaments but grew into them! I have a new found respect for Empire because, like him or not, he promotes the sport in all his endevours and within the state he resides!! He has two top caliber wrestlers who can go anywhere in the nation and compete but they support local ky tournaments because he understands that to be the best you have to grow the best around you!! Go were ever you want but Our tournament will be as good as the participants make it!!! Empire your sons are class acts and are great ambassadors for wrestling and the state of Ky!! Lets get it on!!!

• Upvote 1